Raided with building sign is ok?

Hi DarkRP Team, & Thanks for your time in reading the below.

This evening I had the pleasure of enjoying some time on the server, for a small period of time - at least.

I was then raided under false pretences of seeing valuables in my building, and was told that if people 'thought' I had valuables, they could raid.... strange, I thought, as just recently I had been warned for doing something similar?!

I noticed an air of comfortability between the raiders and the moderator, Mr. Ryl, that made me realise this wasn't going to go my way. He removed my props, allowing the gang full access to my base - whilst doing absolutely 0 for their breaking of the rules (why do these rules exist if mods pals can so easily pillage and break them.... odd, no?)

I was even trying to talk and explain my point of view and thoughts on the situation - ignoring me, Mr. Ryl mentioned he would send his friends back, then proceeded to warn and blacklist me for killing one of the raiders. The raiders get off with 0 warnings, 0 blacklists, and 0 punishment.

Now, I am well aware the likelihood of this being overturned is slim, and that's ok - I don't video my gameplay.

BUT - this server will have a much bigger issue if mods pander to their friends and don't enforce rules on both sides. Realistically, if I recorded all this, I could come back on the server and raid anyone with a building sign stating 'I think they have valuables', and if I was to get in any trouble I could share the footage/evidence of what a mod has told/applied before, thus warranting no punishment to me even though I was breaking the rules.

It seems as if there are some deeper issues within the bounds of moderator to friend when dealing with sits on the server and actioning accordingly.

I have had some great experiences with different mods: Jenin, John, Pharam, Gary Newman, Tori(I think is a mod?), and a few others have been great. Even DJBurek, whom I got off on the wrong foot with, seems to be very clear-cut when it comes to efficiently, effectively, and fairly adhering to the server rules.

Why have rules in place when you have mods that just allow their friends to break rules on a whim and get as much punishment as a cold breeze to a nipple...?

Thank you for your time DarkRP staff,

Warm regards,

Ivan

(p.s - I don't expect my ban to be overturned, but the efficacy, delivery, and mod'ship shown were utterly disgraceful - to the point of kicking someone from the SIT whilst they're still making inquiries... I hope these processes can be reviewed and improved)1679673935725.png.7a2acc718e75b9a680eb88b13f19217e.png1679673949054.png.4e6c6d0d846ee1908c6546ae93d0f66e.png1679673958168.png.1a9f6363daf08afdf1b1639d5d04f650.png1679674539954.png.6f0c3fa7bc4be856910449b83e794a3c.png1679674571654.thumb.png.13dd925e39719fb71d835a4b8b177628.png1679674582733.png.26c56ecd6daa891596dea40f993c4de3.png

1679674327650.thumb.png.b74ad6f5856fd1470960dacb899fb101.png

Hey mate, I'm a little confused at whether this is meant to be a staff report or an appeal of some sort. Could you please rewrite this following a template for the appropriate outcome you are expecting and let me know what this thread is meant to be as I will happily move your thread to the right category for review.

Incident Report: https://forums.orbitalservers.gg/threads/incident-report-template.2706/

Ban Appeal: https://forums.orbitalservers.gg/threads/ban-appeal-template.2705/

Staff Report: https://forums.orbitalservers.gg/threads/staff-report-template.83/

Warn Appeal: https://forums.orbitalservers.gg/threads/warn-appeal-template.2866/

Your in game name: Iven Milat

Time of incident: I don't recall the exact time, sorry

Staff member(s) you are reporting: Ryl

Details of the incident:

Hi DarkRP Team, & Thanks for your time in reading the below.

This evening I had the pleasure of enjoying some time on the server, for a small period of time - at least.

I was then raided under false pretences of seeing valuables in my building, and was told that if people 'thought' I had valuables, they could raid.... strange, I thought, as just recently I had been warned for doing something similar?!

I noticed an air of comfortability between the raiders and the moderator, Mr. Ryl, that made me realise this wasn't going to go my way. He removed my props, allowing the gang full access to my base - whilst doing absolutely 0 for their breaking of the rules (why do these rules exist if mods pals can so easily pillage and break them.... odd, no?)

I was even trying to talk and explain my point of view and thoughts on the situation - ignoring me, Mr. Ryl mentioned he would send his friends back, then proceeded to warn and blacklist me for killing one of the raiders. The raiders get off with 0 warnings, 0 blacklists, and 0 punishment.

Now, I am well aware the likelihood of this being overturned is slim, and that's ok - I don't video my gameplay.

BUT - this server will have a much bigger issue if mods pander to their friends and don't enforce rules on both sides. Realistically, if I recorded all this, I could come back on the server and raid anyone with a building sign stating 'I think they have valuables', and if I was to get in any trouble I could share the footage/evidence of what a mod has told/applied before, thus warranting no punishment to me even though I was breaking the rules.

It seems as if there are some deeper issues within the bounds of moderator to friend when dealing with sits on the server and actioning accordingly.

I have had some great experiences with different mods: Jenin, John, Pharam, Gary Newman, Tori(I think is a mod?), and a few others have been great. Even DJBurek, whom I got off on the wrong foot with, seems to be very clear-cut when it comes to efficiently, effectively, and fairly adhering to the server rules.

Why have rules in place when you have mods that just allow their friends to break rules on a whim and get as much punishment as a cold breeze to a nipple...?

Thank you for your time DarkRP staff,

Warm regards,

Ivan

(p.s - I don't expect my ban to be overturned, but the efficacy, delivery, and mod'ship shown were utterly disgraceful - to the point of kicking someone from the SIT whilst they're still making inquiries... I hope these processes can be reviewed and improved)

Any evidence (If Any): pictures attached above

Thank you for writing. My points are as follows:

1. I confirm I have had no relationship nor prior interactions with the people in the sit excepting yourself.
    I confirm I had no bias to either party in coming to my decisions.

2. The situation is summed up concisely below to allow me to talk about my judgement in the case:

The group that raided were aware that you had valuables as they used cameras to peek through the windows on your base. They were not fully covered on my quick glance through your base though you argue this point.

They appropriately raised a ticket to request staff assistance due to an abuse of the "Building" sign and Building rules. As I was the only staff member online and was occupied with other sits, their ticket lapsed after the 10 minute window passed.

They commenced the raid afterwards only to find Ivan's base illegally prop blocked to hide printers.

I note that I elected against warning Ivan for both abuse of Building rules and prop block at this stage. Instead, I removed these props to allow the raid to continue to minimize interference.

I refer to the rule: Report players who have valuables with a “Building” sign to a staff member. If no staff members are online, first gather evidence and submit a ticket in the discord then you may ignore their “Building” sign and interfere.

While the raiders did not follow the process above to the letter, they had appropriately raised a ticket to a staff member and then only once that ticket lapsed was the raid commenced. I personally elected against punishing them for not following the above process to the letter in this case due to the circumstances of the case,
    one being that I was online at the time as the only staff member but was too busy to take the ticket; and
    two, that the Building sign and prop block was a blatant abuse of the protection granted by the server's Building rules that solely exists to allow others to build in peace outside of RP temporarily.

You have not only put up false and invalid Building signs to protect your printers from raids but also prop blocked the door to the room with printers as a secondary indicator of your intention. I spare no sympathy for abusers of server rules and my decisions in this case reflect this.

3. Throughout my interaction with you in the sit, it was evident to me that you were not listening to the explanations I was providing over the course of almost half an hour. As such, I urged you to make this forum post to allow you time to calm down. It also allows me to write the above explanation, for you to read it in your own time and digest the magnitude of the situation. I could have easily punished you more harshly due to the points made above however I exercised leniency in your case due to your absolute confusion and lack of understanding of rules in play here.

4. I quote your above, "then proceeded to warn and blacklist me for killing one of the raiders". This was actually an instance of revenge RDM but again, I elected to give you some slack and downgraded it to just an RDM warn as you clearly had issues understanding the decision I have come to. As mentioned in point 3, multiple attempts from me to explain my judgement was either ignored, interrupted or not listened to.

5. I must dispel your misguided understanding on how the rules are enforced on the server. Having a staff member say you're fine to break a rule does not give you a free pass on breaking that rule in future. Every staff member is allowed to exercise their personal judgement which does not always agree with other staff members' interpretation of server rules.

For a hypothetical, lets say you have a recording of Mersman (example) saying its fine to mass RDM. If a staff member takes a sit wherein you've mass RDM'd and then you raise the fact you have that recording, the most that will earn you is a chuckle from them. In this example, your mass RDM will remain a breach against server rules and you will be punished accordingly.

I hope the above sheds further light on the how I have made the decisions I have made and a bit about how the rules and enforcement of rules work on this server.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

DENIED

Your report happens to lack the crucial detail that you were hiding printers in your base with a building sign, withholding this fact makes your recounting of the situation seem untrustworthy. Management has come to the conclusion that Ryl's conduct is not violating staff guidelines.

I also apologise for the time you had to wait for the response, I was away on holidays and missed this report.