Walterburg Staff Report

Nick

Your in game name: Nick

Time of incident: 11/03/23 3pm-7pm

Staff member(s) you are reporting: WalterBurg

Details of the incident:

I was playing as a hobo and wrote on the wall with spray paint these words: “walterberg is gay”. It was in a complete joking manner as I thought walterburg and I were friends however, he saw it and teleported me to a sit where he warned me for homophobic remarks and blacklisted me from hobo for 24hrs. I didn’t feel as this was right so I messaged john kevin and he removed it for me, john told me what I did wasn’t homophobic and more of an insult than anything. If I were to call him the f slur that would be a different story but that’s not what happened.

Biggest problem with this is the fact he handled his own sit and acted purely out of emotions when he saw it. If he were to ask me to remove it then I would have but that is not what happened. Later at the events he purposely excluded me from winning prizes and ignored me when I asked about why he was doing that. A bit of context. There were 2 people left + the killer in the dead by daylight event. 2/3 Generators were done and the last person alive to make it to a certain platform would win the prize.

The problem is that he never put the platform down and automatically claimed another player as the winner even though he saw I was still alive and in the event.

He also just acts super childish in general like the way he treats and speaks to people in events and sits. When I was event staff he would call the participants insults for no reason and be an all around ass hole to people.

I am pretty sure he actually got a talking to for that but I haven't seen him stop doing it even though I am not event staff anymore. Another example is him insulting me because john kevin turned over his decision to warn me.

Idk but he is just not what I expect as staff and seems to passively assert himself due to the fact he has powers.

Any evidence (If Any): Shadowplay was broken all today and yesterday so no however, there were a few people who saw some of these events unfold. Snowy saw all of spray painting and stuff that led to the warn. John Kevin removed the warn and had a chat to walter. I briefly spoke to Brad on how Walter was excluding me from winning prizes but it was very brief and I can't even remember for certain what was said.

• Confused 1

Okay, this is an absolute doozy to read, but ill try and break it down., starting with the warn.

Yes, it is very true that i had blacklisted you, and that i had completely misunderstood the rules at the time when it comes to hobo spray paint. Considering that the feature is so new, i definitely should've asked an admin about the situation before being so rash, and i really do apologize. Also, I did not realize it at the time, but the blacklist decision could have possibly been influenced by emotion, which in all fairness, i think is justified, and again, im sorry that i didn't realize that it was a joke. Either way, I would still prefer to not be called things like that, saying something like that about someone can be a slippery slope, as there is always a risk of the person taking it to heart. And to add, yes, i asked you to remove it twice, if you didn't hear that, then that was my bad, and I should of spoken louder.

Ok, now for the event accusations, I'm sorry, but you have reached at straws i didn't realize were even there. I don't know how low someone has to be to exclude someone from a Gmod event prize, but trust me, as terrible as a human being that I am, I'm not that low. The platform was clearly placed, and you just must have not seen it, but I'm sure the four admins that watched me host the event did. Also, the event does not rely on survival to win, it is simply the first to get there, and that's all there is to it.

And finally, the part where you dug into me. To be honest, it hurts real bloody bad when someone calls me childish despite the last 3 months of my life i have been working to improve on that, same goes for being an asshole, I'm fucking trying man, I really am. But if that still wasn't enough, then I'm sorry, and I'll try to work harder. If you don't think I'm deserving of staff, that's ok. But please, don't be so hard on me for it, I'm already hard enough on myself.

I would say I hope that we can be friends again, but it seems that ship has sailed in your eyes, again, that's ok, but don't make these accusations of staff abuse because of it.

Sincerely,

Waltbegr

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And finally, the part where you dug into me. To be honest, it hurts real bloody bad when someone calls me childish despite the last 3 months of my life i have been working to improve on that, same goes for being an asshole, I'm fucking trying man, I really am. But if that still wasn't enough, then I'm sorry, and I'll try to work harder. If you don't think I'm deserving of staff, that's ok. But please, don't be so hard on me for it, I'm already hard enough on myself.

I would say I hope that we can be friends again, but it seems that ship has sailed in your eyes, again, that's ok, but don't make these accusations of staff abuse because of it.

Sincerely,

Waltbegr

Reading this is just hard to believe as you said similar in your staff app but then this happens. You also play the 'I hate myself' card in your response which to me is just cringe and something I would have done when I was 13. I don't think I can be friends with you as you are just so hard to get along with and have such a negative persona. You are the only person I have said this to on the server, mirt excluded. I wanted to also add that I am not entirely sure if you did place a platform in that event or not as the communication from the event staff and the participants is basically non existent when It should be playing one of the biggest roles in events and perhaps this is why when I tried pming you and talking to you about what had just occurred in the event you ignored me and the other event staff killed me. You can't say you are still learning because it has been months since you got event staff and it is not a hard job to manage at all.

I was considering even adding this but the night I had my event staff perms removed there were a few people mrdming down the street and nothing was being done about them even though you were online. I used my perms to partially disable them from killing people and instead of dealing with them, the first thing you do is message management about how I still have my perms. The reason I flew into the admin room that night was to tell you bout them but I couldn't even get it out cause I was just being slain by john kevin everytime. Anyways, they were eventually dealt with but as a mod you should get your priorities in tact fr.

• Like 3