Seagulls suggestion for media players.

seagulll

I accidentally posted this on the normal threads too. But it here now so who cares.

I think media players should be added to the server.

Some people don't want media players in the server because they don't want to watch or hear unwanted content.

this is completely understandable, but can be prevented as most media players require the player to press E on the screen to hear or see the content that is being played.

I believe that media players will Make jobs such as glorified gardener and other jobs that take a lot of time more bearable by being able to watch something in the background while waiting for your plants to grow or other business ventures to prosper.

Media players could also be used for watch parties in the server for live events such as the World Cup or AFL grand final for example, which could increase community interactions.

This could also prevent afk players from just sitting in spawn instead they can be in their own bases watching something instead.

I believe that the pros severely outweigh the cons in this situation, the media players could be limited to 1 per player or for trusted users only.

- seagull (future head admin fr)

• Like 1

We’ve seen the potential for the new image screen to be abused, I can certainly say that this feature would be misused entirely. Moreso, having it for the reasons stated could pose an antisocial aspect to the game, the whole DarkRP experience is to interact with other players, not watch videos alone in your base ://
  • Like 2

We’ve seen the potential for the new image screen to be abused, I can certainly say that this feature would be misused entirely. Moreso, having it for the reasons stated could pose an antisocial aspect to the game, the whole DarkRP experience is to interact with other players, not watch videos alone in your base ://

One of the factors of image screen abuse is the fact everyone can see them whether they want to or not, users will have the option to see media players which prevents that

I kinda like the idea, but Mike is right. It won't stop the problem as you won't know what's on the screen until you press E. Nothing is stopping explicit content from getting through and being played when someone starts watching.

With this being said, I think it would be kind of cool to have on the server, but as a limited role job, kind of like a nightclub manager. Doing this and utilising the role of it being a public theatre could solve the issue of people being alone in a base as Mike mentioned.

Giving this access to everyone all at once could cause issues, but limiting it to one/two people at a time could benefit roleplay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...