Andrew Vape staff report (In reference to DWIT Chase's warn)

DWIT Toby

Your in game name:

DWIT Toby

Time of incident:

7:45 PM AEST

Staff member(s) you are reporting:

Andrew Vape

Details of the incident:

General unprofessionalism and just making players wait long periods of time while they fly off to other staff members, but for this instance it was a he-said situation with either players being able to provide evidence for what happened, But we had a reasonable explanation. Quick back story is that someone called raid on our base as chase was leaving spawn and at the same time he looked up and saw the free runner holding a lockpick giving him a reason to go up and kill him which he did the long way of walking up the ladder and around to the ramp by the time he got there he had put the lockpick away but he had seen it regardless. Andrew vape siding with the player with the more time for the server then decided to warn Chase for "Metagaming" and now saying he must've knew he was raiding from the sounds?? It doesn't make sense and if I can recall correctly from previous admins that the software stuff you guys use to watch back kills only goes from start of engagement or a few seconds before start, Of which the ~10 seconds before when Chase had seen said lockpick wouldn't be accounted for and instead of properly discussing or even listening decides to warn and return both me and chase.

Any evidence (If Any):

A screenshot of where chase saw the lockpick coming out of spawn at the base (this isn't the free runner just like a recreation how easily he saw the lockpick without METAGAMING like you say andrew try listening to reason for once or like even going to the base and not running from sits for large periods of time)

iCmeEiF.jpeg

A recording of the last 2 minutes and a bit with andrew vape

Also to clarify no metagaming was done the lockpick was seen by chase himself and i backed it up because he was screensharing at the time but i hadn't had to inform him of the pick

Edited by DWIT Toby

I think a staff member should be able to listen to reason and not automatically think he's right and just return the players you can hear how quickly he puts Chase back at the end of the clip without even explaining the meta gaming warn to him as to why he's got rather than "im warning you"

Feel free to make a response to this Andrew i'm not sure what you could say other than like IM INEXPERIENCED but you've been staff for probably over a week now i feel as if it's sorta expected to not totally ignore players and also that you'd have a somewhat understanding of the rules + this was an RDM case not metagaming or anything in the matter. Also just end up flying out admin rooms leaving for upwards of minutes at times to ask other staff members simple questions which we've overheard, You also closed some tickets for RDM and gave no explanation after and tori had to take it instead there may be logs of this i'm not sure

Edited by DWIT Toby

Alrighty to start off,

From the evidence i have been given it lead to Metagaming, i can see when he was killed and when this fight initialy started. The ticket i recieved was a metagaming from player "fibber", the player told me he started a f8 raid then quickly alt tabbed to turn on his recording software. I was told that he had not brought out any lock picks and they must of metagamed and "assumed i was the one raiding based on the F8 raid sound". I followed the correct procedures by clarifing with other staff member higher up the chain on how i should handle this. I then asked fibber to send me any proof he had on the situation then also mentioned that the clip would not show anything before this moment as he was just getting all of the recording software on now. I reviewed the Fight start and Fight end to see if there was anything i missed like a lockpick out etc. Nothing was leading me to believe that you knew he was raiding. I then followed the procedures and explained to him what he was being warned for. I returned you from the sit room because you are not meant to be there. Any time i fly out of a sit room is to either clarify with any other staff members to make sure im correct, there is never a harm in asking.

Also the reason for the close of DWITCHASE ticket was that he has made 5 before this stating he has been "RDMed" they have all been from his friends and once i try to handle the situation he says not to worry at all. I believe then you were only trying to waste staff members time for silly reasons, instead of asking your mate in discord if he has killed you.

You also mentioned that neither of you guys had any proof against this claim. If you simply asked me to review any footage before giving this warn i would of been happily to do so.

Any Proof i have is listed below

1664969276068.thumb.png.fbadbfeb669c7c13120e8db62fe2eaee.pngunknown(3).thumb.png.b76d935649158f41b62bfe000950d02b.png

Edited by Andrew Vape

I

Alrighty to start off,

From the evidence i have been given it lead to Metagaming, i can see when he was killed and when this fight initialy started. The ticket i recieved was a metagaming from player "fibber", the player told me he started a f8 raid then quickly alt tabbed to turn on his recording software. I was told that he had not brought out any lock picks and they must of metagamed and "assumed i was the one raiding based on the F8 raid sound". I followed the correct procedures by clarifing with other staff member higher up the chain on how i should handle this. I then asked fibber to send me any proof he had on the situation then also mentioned that the clip would not show anything before this moment as he was just getting all of the recording software on now. I reviewed the Fight start and Fight end to see if there was anything i missed like a lockpick out etc. Nothing was leading me to believe that you knew he was raiding. I then followed the procedures and explained to him what he was being warned for. I returned you from the sit room because you are not meant to be there. Any time i fly out of a sit room is to either clarify with any other staff members to make sure im correct, there is never a harm in asking.

Also the reason for the close of DWITCHASE ticket was that he has made 5 before this stating he has been "RDMed" they have all been from his friends and once i try to handle the situation he says not to worry at all. I believe then you were only trying to waste staff members time for silly reasons, instead of asking your mate in discord if he has killed you.

You also mentioned that neither of you guys had any proof against this claim. If you simply asked me to review any footage before giving this warn i would of been happily to do so.

Any Proof i have is listed below

[ATTACH=full]4089[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]4088[/ATTACH]

From all the proof and stuff you've said it's still a he said situation neither people showed evidence and your taking fibber's word and not mine or chase's and that isn't very fair if both players haven't got proof to show each word should be taken just as equally (He obviously hadn't shown or sent you any proof on his behalf as you didn't go absent from talking in game to review footage and it's also not attached below), I was right as in your logs don't show time before engagement which is when he saw the lockpick from the bottom of the road why is it that you believed fibber and not neither of us? how does posting a screenshot of where Chase had seen him from spawn not proof enough that there is a possibilty of him being seen with said lockpick? You could check the logs see he died right around the raid was started and then put it together that he was coming out of spawn with full sight of the base entrance

Edited by DWIT Toby

I

From all the proof and stuff you've said it's still a he said situation neither people showed evidence and your taking fibber's worse and not mine or chase's and that isn't very fair, I was right as in your logs don't show time before engagement which is when he saw the lockpick from the bottom of the road why is it that you believed fibber and not neither of us?

Firstly Fibber made the ticket against you, i examined all evidence on the ticket as far i as i can go. Neither of you guys can provide valid proof of the situation or in your defense.

I would also like to further discuss the fact that you "saw" flibber with a lockpick and cannot provide valid proof that you did, all evidence leads to the fact that you have heard the F8 sound and proceeded to kill him because he i right out your door with no proof that it could even be him, You cannot see any name or weapons from that distance which also piles against you.

You also state that he has heard and seen the lockpick/raid noise, im not quite sure on how you can do both from a distance like spawn. Even if you saw a lock pick you cannot assume it is one until he has begined lockpicking as it could be misinformed crowbar.

I discussed the evidence with a fellow staff member and he agreed. i then proceded to warn you and explained why.

I would also like to point out "Quick back story is that someone called raid on our base as chase was leaving spawn and at the same time he looked up and saw the free runner holding a lockpick giving him a reason to go up and kill him which he did the long way of walking up the ladder and around to the ramp by the time he got there he had put the lockpick away but he had seen it regardless." from what i have just read, you have lost sight of the player for more then 15s, how can you be certain he was the one raiding, by his job role? A lock pick has the same weapon skin of the crowbar aswell.

Kind regards,

Edited by Andrew Vape

Firstly Fibber made the ticket against you, i examined all evidence on the ticket as far i as i can go. Neither of you guys can provide valid proof of the situation or in your defense.

I discussed the evidence with a fellow staff member and he agreed. i then proceded to warn you and explained why.

Kind regards,

I'm going to do exactly what fibber did with chase and get someone warned for it even though they will be in the right but neither of us will have proof but because i called it he'll get the warn

Edited by DWIT Toby

Here is me reanacting what Fibber has done during this sit with lying and getting the other player warned and this goes to show that unless any proof is shown both peoples word should be accounted for i've even captioned the sounds for you just so you know what's right because it seems you have a very hard time looking at FACTS so i think it's better if you just listen and learn (also i accidentally unlinked video and i'm too lazy to rerender)

I also believe you guys should remove this Mill's guys warn for RDM since i lied his steamID is STEAM_0:1:563155229

Edited by DWIT Toby

[JUSTIFY]REVIEWED

To be honest, the situation is highly complicated, and I can conclude that:[/JUSTIFY]

• [JUSTIFY]The crowbar and lock pick is close but not the same, and the fact that CHASE spotted the Free Runner all the way from spawn and concluded that it was a lock pick rather than a crowbar validates the metagaming.[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]You also mention CHASE heard and saw the lockpick noise, but I'm not sure how you can do that from a distance like spawn.[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]I am really irritated and upset that you lied to staff and had an innocent member of the server warned; regardless of whether it proves a point or not, this is not the approach to support your argument. If you have any questions, please message me on Discord or wait for a response from Management regarding the report; please do not do this again, thank you.[/JUSTIFY]
  • [JUSTIFY]On the sit, Andrew Vape was only being reasonable. Despite the fact that no proof was presented from both ends, he went off from the logs, which is allowed and always considered enough evidence to carry out a punishment.[/JUSTIFY]

For all of these reasons, I feel Andrew Vape did nothing wrong, and the warning will stay in place.