ThyKing's Commissioner Application

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:559903686

Discord User#: ThyKing#5184

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot): 4w 2dGametimeCommApp.jpg.fb1dbab082a4609a1eb4c202bf144450.jpg

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot): 1 warn WarnsCommApp.thumb.jpg.f90dc164c350e18d7b80a621a5b37ce4.jpg

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot): Shown Above

What is your current Police rank?: Chief Superintendent

What is your current SWAT rank?: Command Sergeant Major

What are your other ranks? (Detective, undercover, etc.): Detective Superintendent

Why do you believe that you should be a Commissioner or Commander?: I'm a long term and trusted member of the Orbital City Police Department (OCPD) spanning back to when it was the Iconic City Police Department (ICPD), even having a bit of experience in the Supremacy State Police Department (SSPD). I've been a commissioner at one point but I ended out resigning for a few reasons. I'm active within the PD discord and I actively reply to Comm/Cmdr Apps here on the forums, I will admit my in game activity has lacked a bit but I'm working on improving it to meet the standards necessary for the commissioner role. I have a great attitude towards PD and arguably have more experience than most of the current Comms/Cmdrs and possibly HC. I have a great knowledge of the PD rules/regulations and I always push to enforce those rules and teach other about them. I'm always willing to take other people's opinions into consideration and strive for a team aspect that commissioner requires. I'm currently a probie trainer and when I was probie trainer the first time I was one of the first few people to become it when the role was introduced and at the time I had logged about 21 trainings in a week (2 or 3 were for Lel when he trained). I have an amazing work ethic and I always finish what I've started, I will never leave work untouched. I always listen to figures of authority within the PD's jurisdiction. I love to have fun while keeping it respectful and within the rules. I often make suggestions and just today have spoken to Terra about making some new weaponry and some gadgets for PD to improve gameplay. Since I had left commissioner PD has improved, become more refined and is thriving with life.

Explain what you would be giving to the community, once received this role: I can give great knowledge of the rules, the work ethic to implement the rules and teach them to others. I love seeing PD run smoothly and work well, I would like to be a part of what makes that happen again. I'm always making interesting and great ideas to improve PD. I'm willing to take feedback from anyone and I'll use it to improve. I always attempt to guide people to perform their best in the PD. I want to make new events and bring more community involvement into the PD. I will do on the spot patrols to give people something interesting to do and I'll always be looking out for people excelling at their job. I always do 100% of the work nothing less if I do less I'll continue to do it so it gets to the 100% mark.

What are some qualities that make you stand out from other Police Officers? When I was a 2IC I had made a document that was a guide to writing a Do Not Promote (DNP) I wrote it based off of my own idea that I had pitched to Terra and it was finalized by Jack Stone. I was one of the first few people to receive the Chief Superintendent role without being a commissioner prior which is a very hard task to pull off, I've also recently made it to Command Sergeant Major (CSM) and from my knowledge only a few have made it to this rank before me without being a commander prior, this proves my point about the amount of time and dedication I've put into the OCPD and the ICPD. I use people's feedback to make great changes. I've trained many probies and at the point I'm at it's muscle memory to do it detailed to ensure no confusion. I have officially done every test possible for all the ranks in the PD, SWAT and Detectives. I find it somewhat enjoyable to right long reports and do work that most would find boring or bland. I have a great sense of leadership and teamwork and would love to use it in the command team.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given?: Absolutely

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?: Absolutely

Do you agree to follow the Commissioner & Commander expectations once given?: Certainly

Terra has allowed me to apply before the two week cooldown, if you have an issue with that please direct it towards him.

Edited by thyking

+1

You are mature, always take a role of leadership in events when you can, you seem like a great role model for newer PD, and always help out when you can. 5th or 4th easiest +1 I've done.

Good luck with getting Commissioner!

Hey thyking. While I can admit your time as Commissioner went reasonably well, your recent behaviour on the server leads me to a minus one.

Firstly, you were an enormous minge during the talent show event, to the point of you being kicked out (being a minge isn't great for a trusted player but that's besides the point), and then you were jailed for refusing to stop interfering with the event and respect the decision of staff to remove you, which you then cracked the shits and told other players I unfairly removed you.

Next, from what I saw during your time as Commissioner, you had no issue giving out blacklists for literally anything,

And finally, you struggle with authority, both respecting it and having it. I do not feel you should return to the command team.

I suggest improving your behaviour on the server and eassing up on the blacklists and stuff like that.

Best of luck on your app

EX.CMDR Mythic Gears

• Like 1

thyking has to be the worst commissioner I have ever seen he constantly abused his power and made the PD just a bad place to be, god forbid you ever leave one door unlocked in his presence otherwise he will prop block you in a jail cell.

• Like 3

Hey Thyking. As of late, I still do not believe you would make a good fit as Commissioner. I've decided to put your current issues into a list to make it easier to understand.

1. You still have not tried to mend relationships with many players in the Orbital Community, or at least tried to stay away from them. Being Commissioner requires a certain amount of respect from the general community and I believe many won't give you it with your current attitude. Many people you haven't mended relationships with are on the Command Team.
  2. The way you approach PD command roles has not changed since your last application. Most importantly your attitude has not changed. You have simply have just stop playing for a while and reapplied when you thought it would be the best moment
  3. Negative Staff Responses in this thread about your behaviour.
  4. As many people have said in this thread, there was a strong distain to how you handled your Commissioner role towards punishments you gave out. Your quickness to hand out punishments for minor actions lead to many to develop a negative opinion of the Command Team as a whole due to your actions.

Please Improve on this factors and the points I mentioned on your previous Commissioner application. You probably should have waited for the application cool-down to end to improve on the feedback you were given by the community.

• Like 2

A fat juicy -1

all you do is start fights with everyone, you suck up to the GHCs and just betray anyone if you think it'll make you look better, you're a terrible fit for commissioner and you don't deserve it. Every two weeks I see you applying and it keeps getting shot down, know when to quit. You adverted it in PD general so I had to come and give a -1

-1 hi thyking I think you are a minge , sook, suck up, I barely see you on anymore, you haven’t got 2ic or dt xo, last time you got it you got bored and left, you are toxic and you have brang up the application randomly which I count as advertising also if anyone -1 you you do disagree reaction which shows you can’t take feedback and sumbit to your mistakes
  • Haha 1

Hey thyking. I do have to say you put effort into your application, recently in game since I've come back I have seen you being a bit of a minge.

You have shown be a bit that you understand the rules but I think you're not ready for this position.

You do seem to help newer players but just not in a professional manner. That's why I have decided to -1 your application.

Another reason is I see you applying so many times and constantly getting denied. Quality over quantity bro.

Best of luck respectfully

• Like 1

Sorry ThyKing but almost every experience I've had with you has been quite pathetic honestly. You pick and choose who you listen to (An example would be Tex walker, you "Looked up to him" Because you knew he could help you get a higher role in the PD) Beyond that, you lack the maturity, activity and work ethic of a commissioner. What's even worse is you applied for this exact same role not even a few weeks ago and got denied. I'm really worried you just want this rank in hopes of gaining authority.

I don't even have anything positive to say aside from you're a high rank in PD. Sorry not sorry mate