ThyKing's staff app V2

thyking

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:559903686

Discord User#: ThyKing#5184

RP Name: ThyKing

Age: 13 I turn 14 in July (I have an age exemption from Roberto)

Country/Time Zone: Australia, AEDT

Do you have a working Microphone?: Yes

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot): playtimeorbitalalmostv2.jpg.0594a00d5e5aa68d242439f90a521b4c.jpg

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot): Warnsorbitalalmostv2.thumb.jpg.45f6e01c367ec5eab6196057393d5bb1.jpg

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot): In the screenshot above

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples): I've been a staff member on Gta Rp servers on xbox, I was a commissioner if that counts.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?: I have a great work ethic. I am extremely mature. I work very well as a team with other people. I have almost 4 weeks of playtime on orbital which shows dedication to the server and the community within. I'm a trusted member which shows maturity and trust for me from people in the community. I'm an ex commissioner and at one point I was a 2IC which shows maturity great teamwork skills and that I can be trusted in a position like this. People had concerns for me being a commissioner and I ended out as a good commissioner who did what I could and tried my hardest. I answer questions people have in OOC or when they talk to me to the best of my ability. I have a great knowledge of the rules that's always expanding. I have only one warning in my whole time of playing. I have worked on my anger after prior times of it being an issue and I can safely say I'm level headed now and it takes a lot more to piss me off. I find myself dealing with people being mingey and breaking rules but with little to no staff on it's hard to get them the punishment they deserve. I'm willing to stop rping for a little to take tickets when needed especially as it would benefit the server. I'm currently in school holidays between terms which is short term but is a benefit as I'll have more spare time than I usually do (I usually have a lot.) I have like the 5th most forums messages. I'm currently rank 11 in the main discord and rank 5 in the pd discord which shows how much time I've spent in the community.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples): I'm an ex commissioner which shows a lot of great qualities, I was a 2IC prior to becoming commissioner which says a lot, I was a staff member on a gtarp for Xbox which took a ton of communication to organise things, I used to do scouts which needed a ton of teamwork, I used to play hockey and baseballs which are two very team based sports, I'm currently trying to do hockey again for a school sport, I'm currently in school which has a lot of team based aspects, I volunteer to do a lot of thing with my family because I enjoy doing work when I'm bored. I respond to peoples apps with constructive criticism and do make it clear what need improvement. I have debates with people a lot and will disagree with people but I never use it as fuel to do anything unneeded or dumb.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?: I bring forward a great work ethic, a great team behavior, a mature member to the staff team. I can be on often to take tickets and make sure people understand all the rules. I'm willing to learn new things. I adapt to change quickly. I'm willing to take everyone's opinion into account and ensure everyone has a say before anything happens. I will give out the correct punishments but not be a hard ass and make sure I can be chill and get the job done at the same time. I'm very honest and trustable with responsibility. I have no bias for anyone not even people in my group. I can handle tickets with pd related things as I have knowledge of the pd rules too. I'm willing to help newer staff members with rules if they don't fully know things. I aspire to make change for better. I have a great sense of rp and a lot of knowledge around it.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?: Yes

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?: Yes

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?: Absolutely

playtimeorbitalalmostv2.jpg.7c59cbf342fa1748c878a8d3b87c7f04.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You're a great guy but I personally dont think your a good fit for staff, You seem to be very young and a little bit childish. I strongly believe that there a better suited candidates for this position. Like penguinhats said, you aren't that active in the discord nor in the game itself. I do think if you were to tighten up your game you could possibly become staff but just not right now.

Thyking,

Personally, I believe your age is not an issue, but your maturity is.

Most likely you would be able to staff and enforce rules as I am aware that you are very familiar with them. As far as I’m concerned, Orbital is your Jesus and you follow the rule book like it’s a bible.

You’re also a long term player who’s had other dedications on the server which is great.

I don’t really like you, but I can tell your actions are not inherently ignorant by your own choice and that you’re a good guy. I have seen you many times hold bias against others, and that is a VERY significant drawback if you want to staff, as it may influence your judgement.

You also tend to have a very bad habit of spewing shit from your brain to keyboard without actually processing anything you’ve typed.

Orbital is also moving forward into higher levels of leniency towards players and I believe that you make far too many tickets and complaints to fit the atmosphere.

I feel sorry that no one has actually given you some constructive criticism, so try and use what I’ve given you as feedback

• Like 1

Hi Thyking

I want to be civil when writing this (even though we despise each other) and give you valid feedback so that you don't beat your wife in the future and abuse your poor poor, genetically disadvantaged offspring. Firstly, as the comment above mentioned, when you play a role which has authority (aka PD), you have the biggest power trips. When you were a high position, you went out of your way to get me demoted over petty little things like me closing a door in your face twice; it was even a DOUBLE demotion. I can't and don't want to imagine the power trips you'll have if you had a staff position.

Secondly, you're always on your high horse, making it hard for players to build rapport with you and enjoy your presence. Maybe try colouring books or finger painting to clear your mind prior to joining the server so that you release some of that pent up stress you have. You deleted an extremely funny comment I made on your profile before I even got to screenshot it. God.

Thirdly, I really think that you should join the army.

However, thank you so much for applying, Thyking. You have given me hope that I can apply to staff, and maybe even be an admin on a server one day.

1649917983980.png.9c83485908619d55aaeabe3915874319.png

Kind regards,

Tukae

Edited by tukae
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

minus one due to the reasons that i believe you aren't fit for staff, I personally believe you are immature and have a short temper, I gave this feedback on your last staff app yet you haven't changed. In fact i don't think I've seen you on the server in a hot minute, you also resigned from your spot in PD due to being bored of gmod, why would you go for staff on a game you find boring I believe you don't deserve staff currently maybe if you cleaned up your act and became more mature I would happily give you a +1

Good luck with your application.

• Like 2

Personally my experiences with you have been pretty good, however it seems a lot of gamers disagree. From the replies alone you get a pretty good idea of your reputation, and from what I've seen in the community I can see why.

Instead of rambling on with words I will make some handy dot points

• I can't believe im saying it but I believe you may go on a bit of a power trip
  • very strict: this doesn't suit the current player numbers and surveys show that this is partly due to nazi staff
  • As a staff member your reputation is very important and well...

You don't take any bullshit and in some ways this would be great for being staff but you'd end up banning half the current player base.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Okay I'll leave a proper comment

Hi Thyking, I believe your not ready for staff and here is why;

It isn't the age, quite frankly if your mature enough then i think why not give it a shot.

However my issue lies in activity, I haven't seen you on enough to properly assess where you stand in the community currently, furthermore this means I cannot assess your maturity, ethic and behaviours and how it has changed since your last App.

Whilst you were a good commissioner you did resign fairly quickly after gaining the role, stating that "It just is not as fun as I thought it would be" I'm paraphrasing but you get the idea. This raises my concerns as this was not so soon after we introduced responsibilities that Commissioners had to fulfil. This concerns me as it makes me question your ability to uphold your responsibilities as a staff member.

• Like 3