Remove Ammo on Tazer

Vodka Lara

@Vodka Lara you bumped this for weeks and now you want it to go back to normal 😕

https://forums.orbitalservers.gg/threads/remove-tazer-rushing.1274/page-2#post-8890

Yes, I wanted tazer rush removed because I felt having to switch to your gun to kill a suspect when you could have just as easily tazed him was wasted potential. (Like an assassin sniping from afar, or a thief shooting at someone through an open window). It was never intended to be a primary weapon used offensively during Bank raids or 1v1 shootouts. It was meant to give PD more options for critical thinking to show "Hmm, I'm being shot at currently, he's a hitman with a USP so i can tank a few hits and try to go for the taze". And "Hmm, that freerunner has a galil, I should pull out my M4A1 and end the threat here and now".

I wrote up this new suggestion because most of the PD is complaining about how the new tazers affect normal arrests, that have nothing to do with tazer rushing. And I feel it's my duty to try to fix it as I'm the one who sorta implemented it.

I honestly think that the tazer was perfectly balanced pre-nerf, and the removal of tazer rushing was just to add more thinking into what the best move would be at that time.

Yes, I wanted tazer rush removed because I felt having to switch to your gun to kill a suspect when you could have just as easily tazed him was wasted potential. (Like an assassin sniping from afar, or a thief shooting at someone through an open window). It was never intended to be a primary weapon used offensively during Bank raids or 1v1 shootouts. It was meant to give PD more options for critical thinking to show "Hmm, I'm being shot at currently, he's a hitman with a USP so i can tank a few hits and try to go for the taze". And "Hmm, that freerunner has a galil, I should pull out my M4A1 and end the threat here and now".

I wrote up this new suggestion because most of the PD is complaining about how the new tazers affect normal arrests, that have nothing to do with tazer rushing. And I feel it's my duty to try to fix it as I'm the one who sorta implemented it.

I honestly think that the tazer was perfectly balanced pre-nerf, and the removal of tazer rushing was just to add more thinking into what the best move would be at that time.

It wasn't balanced at all, the second I removed taser rushing the entire PD were raiding people with tasers, the taser was being spammed at people who were shooting at them and cops were landing shots because of the ridiculously fast reload.

Would buying ammo from the F4 menu help at all?

I feel like this is a classic case of people being upset because they are so used to the old way.

The same happened when we moved to a tighter economy, so many people complained that their printers were shit and did fuck all because they were so used to the old ways - yet wasn't it for the better?

Edited by Tuppy

@Tuppy the taser is really hard to aim and has a lot of delay making aiming hard, if that problem was fixed it wouldn't make the taser as shit as it already is

Tasers have always been hard to hit, waiting an extra 1.5 seconds isn't going to help your aim, it's going to stop you spamming taser till you land a hit hahah

I'm getting an idea most people who are complaining about the reload speed are those wanting PD to be easy. Most of the time, people use the tazer by shooting and hoping for the best without calculating or predicting movement fundamental to any projectile in any game.

Im also going to add that running in to combat with a tazer in my view goes against a major aspect of RP. You must value your life. By running in and knowing your going to get hit, are you really caring about your life?

The only gripe I have is the lack of starting ammo on the tazer as arily pointed out. I suggested f4 menu but for this to happen the price of tazer rounds is going to have to increase. I much prefer having more starting rounds instead of a increase in price since every officer should report to pd instantly upon spawn.

I always knew it was going to be a bit of a risky change, removing tazer rushing, however I do think these changes need to be trialed thouroghly before wanting to revert to somthing completely diffrent. Small tweaks a good but it sound like people want a major overhall back to stage 1.

• Like 2

PD High-Command's Advice

1. Purchase ammo from the armoury straight after spawning in - ammo pack for $100 gives a ton of ammo for all weapons and for the taser.

2. Train for better aim accuracy. Additionally, a lot of people don't know that the taser has a decent range, it just has a big drop - so aim higher over longer distances.

3. Patrol with larger groups of cops - do not follow a criminal solo.

4. Initiate Fear RP - Pull out a gun and do "/y Stop Moving" - It is easy to bind and simple to use.

5. If they don't follow Fear RP, get an admin on their ass (Make sure you are initiating Fear RP properly - /y to face)

• Like 1