Remove Tazer Rushing

Vodka Lara

What category does this suggestion apply to? Server

Details/Information about your suggestion: Death has no downsides. Especially as hitman/assassin as they spawn with their weapons, so when they attempt to kill someone infront of a cop, it forces the cop to open fire on the murderer due to the rule " You must not tase someone who is in active combat (Melee combats are exempted)." The hitman doesn't lose anything if they die and the cop doesn't gain anything as they didn't pull off an arrest. I've seen so many cases where we would be able to easily arrest someone, but couldn't due to them firing a pot shot in the cops general vicinity.

Additionally, the rule was introduced in Supremacy due to the tazers at the time being hitscan, making for instant un-dodgable tazes.

(I only bring this up as most of Supremacy's rules are what made the rules on this server)

Currently, the tazers are unpredictable and really difficult to use at long to medium range if the target isnt standing still. It would be good to give cops the choice to decide if trying to taze is a viable option. Instead of forcing them to shoot the target. It also gives criminals a chance to think if they really wanna kill that guy standing infront of 5 cops as they could get arrested for it, instead of just respawning and continuing with their routine as the cops are forced to shoot him.

How do you think this will benefit the community?: By introducing a new level of critical thinking to cops, giving them the choice to either try to continue the arrest, or end the threat right there and then.

I look forward to hearing your guys' opinions on this.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

+1 all day.

It is known that I'm a fowl shot, but I'd say 90% of my police deaths come from when I've got the tazer out and I then have to switch weapons and fuckin yada yada all day +1

Edit: I do want to add after thinking on this over night that the main benefit I think would be being able to lock people up instead of letting them die and pop some guns out of their pocket and be on their way

Edited by Pinto
  • Like 1

-1 because Tazer rushing is a good rule because what cop in real life would continue tazering someone while getting shot at and i get people find it hard to switch to a weapon straight away im putting my -1 here because its just not realistic no cop would continue tazering.

As PD-HC, I have overlooked every rule and issue there is in PD that I can think of. Over the past half a year, I have constantly been playing as cop and learning and making new rules for the PD and how mechanics work in it. Within my time as a Command member in PD, I am certain that the number one issue in PD that everyone seems to either misunderstand or dislike is taser rush. I have made constant announcements on what it is and how to avoid it, yet it still seems to be an issue, to this point where there are barely ever any cops on the server unless there's a training event or high pop.

My first approach at this when TerrA told me was "what?" But after reading this and thinking about it, although it may be very contradicting to everything I've said before, I can't help but agree. Yes, it may be unrealistic and a bit stupid, but Garry's mod isn't real life, it never was. Yes it may be a role-play server, but that doesn't mean everything has to be realistic. A very common occurrence when playing as cop is seeing something illegal happen then going to taser them. After firing a single shot from the taser, the suspect is instantly allowed to KOS you right away, and at that time while you have your taser out, 9 times out of 10 they already have their gun out waiting for you and baiting you to use your taser. In the split amount of time after you fire the taser, if you do not hit it, you are almost guaranteed to have to pull out your gun as fast as you can or you're dead. I can understand why people don't like playing as cop, and this is more than likely one of, if not the main reason why. The taser its self isn't easy to hit shots either, it doesn't have a very large range and isn't hit scan, making it impossible to hit your target when they're constantly running and jumping around.

Given the reasons above, I believe it would be beneficial to alter the taser rush rule a lot, or even remove it entirely. I fully understand if you are to disagree, but I simply see more benefits.

With all these replies stating how unrealistic it is, I'll re-affirm that if this rule is removed, it will become the cops choice to determine if tazing the individual is worth the risk of their own life, for example a hitman firing pot shots is far different to 5 freerunners with Ak47's. That seems pretty realistic to me.

(Additionally, this is Gmod DarkRP. It is far from realistic)

+1

Common sense in these scenarios would become more common. Most cases with tazer rush generally require a firearm regardless of the rule this would simply allow police to use there tazer in situations such as a hitman attempting murder, or arresting firing individuals who are in a vulnerable position.

Aswell as removing the opportunity for criminals to abuse the concept of tazer rush by attacking the police officer forcing him to switch weapons and retaliate.

Instead i suggest we remove tazer rushing and for future proby trainings talk about common sense in combat.

- Commisioner/Dt-Co Ragnar

With all these replies stating how unrealistic it is, I'll re-affirm that if this rule is removed, it will become the cops choice to determine if tazing the individual is worth the risk of their own life, for example a hitman firing pot shots is far different to 5 freerunners with Ak47's. That seems pretty realistic to me.

(Additionally, this is Gmod DarkRP. It is far from realistic)

ye omg these guys are hilarious

retards are saying

“police wouldn’t do that IRL omgg my immersion” but play on a server that has humanoid rats running around slaughtering the denizens of the sewers

the taser rush rule is genuinely a bad element of gameplay and has been for years

“but police should be valuing their life!!” yeah but so should every other character in roleplay. if someone is baiting shots to encourage a police officer to use a gun then you aren’t doing a very good job of that

and it’s not like all police are suddenly going to use only their tasers now in gun fights. some will, some won’t. it’s completely situational.

try using your brain for once @ProfesserAyman xD

Rules around taser rushing has slightly changed.

It's now dealt with primarily within the PD rather than a staff issue.

So from what I've gathered taser rush is to be punished by PD command with demotes yada yada. But what we really want, is to taser rush people when they are shooting at us.

• Like 1