Staff Application - Terminator

Terminator

Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080843523

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:60288897

Discord User#: Zackslay3r#9963

RP Name: Terminator (use to be known as Term In Ate Me or Arnold Terminator)

Country/Time Zone: ACT, Australia (AEST)

Do you have a working Microphone?: Yes, use it every time.

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot): 6d 5hrs.gametime.thumb.jpg.4bc403fa0263eb26ad812fe6ecedaf9d.jpg

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot): 0.

warns.thumb.jpg.6b5f5439cbfdc2d239d2d765100a61c3.jpgHow many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot): 0.

warns.thumb.jpg.06f4a4ea60896e292bae722b5c89bcf5.jpg

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples):

I have over 6 years of staffing experience, staffing multiple servers. Getting from moderator all the way to Co-owner for a server that I was dedicated to for over 4 years. And I have been up to admin on many servers.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?: I believe I deserve this position as I have proven that I plan to be dedicated to this server in helping the rest of the team and other players in ensuring that rules are followed and that everyone is having a good time. I have met most of the team and have assisted them when I can.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples): I have had over 8 years of working in teams, with 6 years of GMod staffing experience, working with other staff members to ensure the quality of staffing was maintained, that staff was conducting regular meetings and that we were aware of things we were doing correctly and areas we could improve on while recognizing those players who follow the rules and help admins, and the members of staff that would go above and beyond. I've had to assist moderators in sitting and ensuring that correct punishments and warnings were given and coordinating Head Admin and Head Moderators. I have also spent nearly 9 years working in various teams IRL, which included subway (a very small team), McDonald's ( where I was a crew coach and a very large team), and my current job as a Database Consultant. All of these required me to perform tasks in coordination with other team members, whether it was making food, or solving tickets for clients. These tasks also had to be performed with different people from different cultures and different personalities, and I feel I am very tolerant and understanding of others.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?: I feel that during my initial start, being a moderator, I could provide assistance to the team by offloading the work that I've seen other staff members do during periods where very few staff is on. I also believe I could add a light-hearted side to moderating, and I can help ensure that all members of the staffing team and players of the server are enjoying their time.

Given enough time, I feel I could prove that I am capable of a more senior role, ensuring that moderating guidelines are followed, staff recognition is done for the volunteering that they do and that there is a closer connection between players and moderators.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?: 100%.

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?: I agree to these terms and conditions.

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?: 100%.

Edited by Terminator

No interaction with you what so ever, however your age and previous experience is a creditable source of reputation for your application. I think the server could use a stern, knowledgeable admin to tutor the current staff as well as be a good role-model for the younger players. Hope to see you on sometime. +1

No interaction with you what so ever, however your age and previous experience is a creditable source of reputation for your application. I think the server could use a stern, knowledgeable admin to tutor the current staff as well as be a good role-model for the younger players. Hope to see you on sometime. +1

Appricate the kind words. I have the ability to be stern, but I don't like to be super serious all the time. I feel I have that good balance. Look forward to talking to the rest of the team that I haven't spoken to.

At the moment there are a few area's that need improvement. Activity, forum activity is a bit lacking. You only have 2 messages which are both about your staff app. Becoming well-known, at the moment I wouldn't say that you a very well known. I think I have seen you twice walking around. A good step before trying out for staff is getting trusted. This can boost your chances of getting the staff role. Sure you may have past staffing experiences but this doesn't tell me about your character. Also can you please provide proof of past staffing (the server name etc) as anyone can say they were staff in the past. Your whole application is kind of writen around the fact you had past staffing experience so proof can be helpful.

-1 for now.

Goodluck.

Hey Terminator, I rarely see you actively in game. Although you have good past experience with gmod staffing, its not all about that, its about your commitment to the server showing high community presence and making yourself known. I think you have not reached these standards that a good staff applicant must have. I recommend going for trusted at this stage much more than staff.

Edited by Bunned

I have never encountered nor had any roleplay with you at all, especially I also never seen you make any community interactions such as in discord, forums and especially in-game. Despite having staff experiences, the community still need you to show trust worthy you can be or how dedicated you can be. You might have been AFK farming hours leading you to have 6 days or didn't encounter much to people but either way, staff applications is solely not based your application its also about your behavior and attitude to the server as well. But if you were actually roleplay not AFK farming, I'd recommend you to stay with one name only as people will recognize you more with it.

Good Luck and I am looking forward to your application!

• Like 1

Hey @Terminator

I have deleted every response you've made on your application. Each time I've done this, I've ticked the "notify author of this action" with the reasoning.

I don't think you're getting the notifications.

Please don't reply to every comment, you can leave a reaction if you agree or disagree.

It adds clutter and makes it harder for staff to read through it all.

Pleasedont.png.4098a79283eec86dd99dc351dead3913.png

Thanks

• Like 1

Hey man, I can't say much about seeing you on the server because I haven't been able to get on in a while, but the one experience I had with you was fantastic. I think you should try to get more play time on the server and to become more active on the discord and forums because you only have two messages on here right now. After you become more active on the discord and forums and a bit more well known on the server, I think you should apply for trusted. Also with your application you have a bit of detail in it and you have formatted your application well.

I am going to give you a -1

Good luck with your application

Hey terminator. Just did some background checks and have realized that you haven't even joined our discord. On top of this I have no clue who you are and so don't most people that have replied to this app. Overall I would consider becoming involved in our community if you wish for a good chance at staff. Currently I don't really see you being in our staff team and would recommend that you use the information that you have been given and put into practise and put yourself out into the community so for now my review will have to be

Have a good one

FrostyBoi

Solid -1

Hey there, Terminator. To keep it very simple, the reason for me giving a -1 is your lack of presence throughout the community. I have been fairly inactive in-game however I keep a very good look on the forums as well as DIscord, in which you have been very inactive before applying for staff, not to mention you had just joined the DIscord server, as in fairly 20 minutes before this comment haha. Your application is well made and I appreciate that you had put an effort into it. All in all, to sum it up, you have to increase your community presence throughout the server and other platforms such as Discord & forums, most of the staff members don't even know who you are. I hope you take this feedback and work on the things that we mentioned, thank you!

Hey Terminator

Your app is very well written and I agree with what you have said but my main problem is that I've hardly ever seen you on the server, forums or discord. I'm sadly going to -1 your app but I suggest that you should make some more forums post, talk to people ingame/ rp with people so more people know your name and who you are and talk to people on the discord or make a suggestion on what you think should be add/removed to up your community presents. Good luck with you app.

• Like 1

I'm gonna start with your application is great (Could of put the servers names you staffed on just too make it more legit I suppose) but then again I've only seen you in game twice witch would be ok but you aren't active on the forums or discord either so for this reason I'll sadly -1

P.s improve your activity first