Mythic's Staff App

Mythic_Gears

Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198846108601/home

(i think thats right, if its not lmk pls)

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:442921436

Discord User#: mythic_gears#7156

RP Name: Mythic Gears

Country/Time Zone: AEDT

Do you have a working Microphone?: yes (but heavily prefer not to use)

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot): 20211108225510_1.thumb.jpg.14a8ed86e76dc13b7f47d5e9e78bd3d6.jpg

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot):20211108225518_1.thumb.jpg.1afa170c68bbe0a1107029cb062e2b96.jpg

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot): see above

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples): while I have no experience staffing on gmod at all, I have run and worked as head admin in several RP groups in the past, many of those are still running to this day. I would love the opportunity to staff on Orbital.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?: I am extremely well known on the server and in the PD discord, I have earned my rank of trusted and have an excellent understanding of the rules, both in game and our community rules. I am hard working, responsible, usually friendly and I am applying for staff so I can try and better our community. I have had an amazing time being a part of this community and I would love to be able to give back and help make this the best gmod community it can be.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples): In my time as 2IC, I worked really hard alongside our PD command team, and in my reasonably short time as commander I have continued my hard work. I help people out whenever I can and joining the staff team would be an honor.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?: I am responsible, hard working, trustworthy. I speak out when I don't agree with a decision made but also respect the opinions of the others. My people skills aren't the greatest but I have improved and come out of my shell heaps since first joining the Orbital community. I am looking forward to continuing to grow these skills and qualities.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?: Yes

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?: Yes

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?: Yes

(also because I know it will be brought up, the reason I don't use my mic is due to severe autism. I can generally express what I want and mean to say using text and have never come across any issue that's absolutely needed mic, so I have never used it, I am willing to, if the time comes when mic is needed, use it)

Thanks for your time,

Mythic Gears

• Like 1

[JUSTIFY]First of all, the low effort of your application is what troubles me, even though you don't have experience of such power and responsibility in this game, still you need to show why are you so determined to apply for such role in this server.[/JUSTIFY]

can try and better our community.

You're saying you can try but in what way should you do to make a contribution or help to the community? Words doesn't really make a genuine promise, we need to know on "what" can you do other than just saying to try or to improve. Having the "trusted" role is a great thing addition for your application because people know that you are responsible and can be a good role-model of the server but when it comes to taking up "Staff" it's more different than "Trusted". It has more deep responsibility, more determination, more risks, more stress and lastly more trust. What can you do and why would you do to exactly be such a staff in this community. You've been a great Trusted role but can you really take up what it needs to be Staff?

Being staff comes also with great emotional standards, can you really do with such standards that is needed to handle such responsibility in the server?

It may be harsh at first but when it comes to learning, you will have a great progress.

Honestly, I have no bad interactions with you nor you had a bad reputation in the server but you need to put more effort to prove that you are very determined for this application or importantly, such responsibility and power.

Good Luck with your application

Have a great day always

• Like 1

Hey man!

Just wanted to start off with saying; good on you for being so open about your autism! Proud of you dude. The microphone thing shouldn't be an issue..although you may need it in certain situations to assert yourself.

You're a great dude, absolutely no doubt about that!

Your efforts within the PD have not gone unnoticed, climbing the ranks to 2IC, very well done.

You've been trusted for awhile now, often helping people within the Discord and in-game.

However

I do agree with what Fisckii has to say and I completely understand his point of view...

Theres a need to possess a strong personality, you need to have thick skin, which I feel is slightly lacking.

I also haven't seen any efforts prior to this application to put yourself into the spotlight. The only time I really see you on the forums replying to applications is when it's PD related, same goes for the Discord. I just feel like you need to push that boundary of trusted and show us why you deserve staff!

This is a hard one for me,

It's going to be really close with a mix of +1s and -1s,

I believe you deserve a chance because you've never come across to me in a negative light + all the experience and community presence you have.

+1

• Like 1

[JUSTIFY]First of all, the low effort of your application is what troubles me, even though you don't have experience of such power and responsibility in this game, still you need to show why are you so determined to apply for such role in this server.[/JUSTIFY]

You're saying you can try but in what way should you do to make a contribution or help to the community? Words doesn't really make a genuine promise, we need to know on "what" can you do other than just saying to try or to improve. Having the "trusted" role is a great thing addition for your application because people know that you are responsible and can be a good role-model of the server but when it comes to taking up "Staff" it's more different than "Trusted". It has more deep responsibility, more determination, more risks, more stress and lastly more trust. What can you do and why would you do to exactly be such a staff in this community. You've been a great Trusted role but can you really take up what it needs to be Staff?

Being staff comes also with great emotional standards, can you really do with such standards that is needed to handle such responsibility in the server?

It may be harsh at first but when it comes to learning, you will have a great progress.

Honestly, I have no bad interactions with you nor you had a bad reputation in the server but you need to put more effort to prove that you are very determined for this application or importantly, such responsibility and power.

Good Luck with your application

Have a great day always

hey fisckii, i understand the points you brought up, and ask only for the opportunity to prove myself. ive never been good at applications so i tend to keep them short, i understand how it comes across as low effort and i will work on that in the future, thanks for the feedback.

Mythic Gears

• Like 1

Morning Mythic!

I cannot say how great you've been in PD and how much of a great contribution and help you have been.

You are constantly active in-game, every time I join I see you playing and having fun fun others. You are well known throughout the community, not just in-game but in our discords and forums.

You have great leadership skills. With your previous rank as 2IC in the PD, now Commander, you have performed extremely well with these ranks, presenting to be a great and friendly leader to everyone.

You are determined to do what's best for everyone and everything you can, never shy to share your opinions or ask questions. I do not have a doubt that you deserve a shot at staffing on our server.

This will be a definite +1. Good Luck!

Hey mythic

You are most likely the most active person on the server, every time I get on the server I can always see you around interacting with the community which is a very important quality for a staff member to have. On top of this you are very easy to talk to and I have never seen you causing any issues with other people. Despite this application being not as developed as it could have been, I believe you deserve a chance to prove your self as a staff member

+1

Phat +1

Hey mythic firstly your super active on the server, you have always been nice and friendly to me and others and I think your mature enough for staff honestly I don't know what took you so long.

Your very active and almost always on the server and you have 4w playtime, and I think you would be a good fit for staff

However your app is a bit low detail but I still believe you deserve a good shot at staff.

Hi Mythic. I've known you for a while and I want to say thank you. You were to one who basically taught me the rules on the first day I played. You taught me printers and a heap of new info on my first play session. With almost 5 weeks of playtime and almost no warnings, it shows to me that you have had your fair share of experience on the server. You are extremely active in OOC and in-game. The only problem with this app is the lack of detail as stated multiple times, and your forum activity is slightly lacking, but. I hope you get this role. Good luck.

1+

+1

Where do I start Mr Gears, you're very active and well known in the community. You know the rules and you have only got 1 warn which is really good. I'll also note that you were a huge help to me when I was starting out as staff so you've already shown your know-how in terms of staffing. I don't think much more has to be said.

Hey Mythic, I have known you since I started playing orbital nearly 2 months ago, not 1 time I have interacted with you have I had a problem with you, you have never been immature, mingey or annoying. You have a great understanding of the rules, you follow them to a great extent, you only show kindness to those around you, and I know a lot of people who you have assisted in orbital to a great extent, I personally don't think there is a better person to go for staff.

+1

Hey mate

Gotta admit, wasn't expecting this. However it is a welcomed surprise.

You've been heavily invested in this community and still continue to be. When i'm on, almost 95% of the time your on immersing yourself within the game, especially around newer players. Your knowledge on the rules is impeccable, one warn means a slip up which does happen. It is great though to see that you have learn't from this by ensuring you don't get another one. Your active in all aspects in the community as-well.

While Fiskii has brought up some flaws in you application and well justified. Actions speak louder than words and I believe you deserve a crack at it.

Good luck with your app, wish you all the best

+1

hey mythic

You have been apart of the community for a very long time and you are active in the server/discord with the 4 weeks playtime and only 1 warn witch is good showing that you have a very well understanding of the rules and also you are a commander for the pd witch for me that shows that you have good leader ships skills and would be a good addition to the staff team. Good luck with your app. +1

+1

not to sure what to say here other than there is no one else i would like to work along side me as a staff member then you, you have great leader ship skills and with only 1 warn and one of the most playtimes on the server there is no one else who deserves the rank of staff (except other staff members of course).

gl with your staff app mythic <3

Definite +1

I am glad you finally applied for staff, you're one of the nicest Command member that I have ever worked it and It'd be a pleasure to work alongside you on the staff team as well. Your activity in game and outside of the server is spectacular, I almost see you online everyday in-game and interacting with the community through OOC chat or via Discord. Application wise, the app certainly could have been better but it is not gonna judge my decision today so I'll let it slide. In terms of your leadership and teamwork, It isn't a joke how cooperative you are working on a team, this is what our staff team needs. I literally cannot find any reason to -1 you, I wish you a very good luck buddy :)

+1

Ive been playing along side you since the begining and i do personally belive you would make a great staff member you know the rules are heavilly involved and active within the community ingame on discord and on the forums you are also a great guy the only negative i could see is the application is a little bit small but overall good and you dont use a mic ingame but i have watched you overcome that problem time and time again good luck buddy :)

Rob Kelly

+1

Hello, Mythic.

I'll start by saying I am a bit disappointed in the detail of the application but I personally believe that actions speak louder than words and your actions towards the staff team and rules breakers has been great. You never let anyone break rules and you always have a positive attitude you are 100% someone the staff team needs!

Good luck with your application.

Ngl Mythic is a fucking giga chad, and even though they suck with the knife they are one of the nicest people on the server, always cool to hang around and their warn/ban record is amazing for their playtime. I think they'd make a great staff member, just maybe not a great assassin (jk love you mythic) +1

Hey mythic,

You are extremely active within the server, everytime I join in you are there and involving yourself within the community. You are also extremely respectful and I don't think anyone has had a bad interaction with you. I have enjoyed working alongside you in the command team and it would be great if you can join us in the staff team. Adding onto this, your rule knowledge is well above average, you would be a perfect addition to the team, I look forward to it Mythic <3 Good luck on your application.

+1

Mythic is a great role-player, also fun to play with in game and is mature and reasonable in most scenarios i've been in with him. He is also active on all the orbital server platforms and is most certainly a loyal and valuable player. I can't say much bad about this guy. +1

Hey Mythic, how are you mate?

Let me start off by saying i'm not surprised to see you applying for staff, you're one of the oldest players i know since i've had the pleasure of joining the server, your warns and play time is outstanding and you should be commended for that. Now, in terms of your application, i'm well aware that you do not use you microphone to communicate, where as others will see this as an issue, i don't. There are a few of the staff members who do an outstanding job without having to use their microphone and if they can do it i don't see why you can't either. My countless interactions with you on the server has always been positive and you're always doing you best to better the community. Being a staff member will require you to be more patient and calm in order to deal with every sit fairly this is something you will need to grasp quickly. I believe you have the skills and qualities to be a great staff member. For this reason, i will be giving you a +1

I wish you all the best with your application and look forward to tracking the progression of it.