Discord User#: Devo#0001

Country/Time Zone: AEDT

Do you have a working Microphone?: Yes

What is your gametime? (Show Screenshot):

1635316580087.thumb.png.883b3debbbc5d27268df60efb897238a.png

How many warnings do you have? (Show Screenshot):

1635316615199.thumb.png.f7b5784bfa8edc049f2af3e5b5d21c3b.png

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples):

Previous staff experience includes moderator on a small gmod server yonks ago.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?:

I believe I deserve this staffing role as I have been with Orbital from near day 1. I have contributed to the server and community in many ways that have helped them prosper to this day. I have thoroughly familiarized myself with the rules and gained connections in the wider community which has aided me in becoming a well known and influential user amongst the Orbital Community. I have a sense of humour that many enjoy the presence of but I can also be serious when needed and adapt the way I act to each individual situation. Another reason I believe that I deserve a staffing position is the fact that I am frequently on the server and now that exams are dying down my activity will only increase from here. I am extremely dedicated to this server and intend to stay around as long as this server is up and running and I also intend to help ensure that the server continues running for as long as possible. Finally, my involvement in the recent creation of the Halloween Case (Go buy now!!) has further proven my dedication and willingness to aid the server however possible both at this point in time and into the future.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using Examples):

I am extremely experienced in, and able to, work in a team environment with other people. A key example of this is with Cadets where I am tasked with commanding a small group of 25 people with a team of 2 others. We collaborate and are in constant communication no matter what to ensure that we are working as effective as possible with each other for the good of other people. As a staff member at Orbital not only will these same key skills be applied but my experience will only gain as time goes on as I will be communicating and collaborating with a much larger team more often. I have no issues following a chain of command having done so for the past 3 years it is no different to that concept.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?:

I will bring many qualities to the staff team. These include; The determination to keep on going at any time and ensure that the server is constantly being moderated to the best of my ability. Humour, I feel as though a bit of laughter and fun when appropriate doesn't hurt anyone and helps boost morale and build relationships within a team. I will also bring experience from the real world to the table. Given the fact that I have a job, I have experience in dealing with higher ranks and how to properly treat players to ensure that they play Orbital in future. I also have limited experience from previous gmod server which will no doubt aid me. Overall, I will bring many qualities to the table that I feel will only benefit the existing staff team and playerbase.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?:

I agree to not abuse this power and do as I am told when I am told.

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?:

I agree and understand that my power may and will be stripped if I knowingly misuse said powers at any point

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?:

I agree to follow any and all expectations put forth to me.

• Like 1

So, I'm going to promise to be fair, alright, you have my word.

Over the past few weeks, your involvement with the team has been recognised!

The social media additions are a nice touch too.

You have been pretty useful recently and honestly, an easy person to deal with!

However:

Your involvement with the "retards" group is your biggest let down.

I remember this group targeting players and purposely trying to get them to leave the game or loose their cool..

If you were "blacklisted" then you were targeted by a group of people.

The group was known to be a minge group, I believe you even held minge meetings?

To be fair here, this could of been role played BUT the term MINGE (In garry's mod) refers to someone who has no intention to follow the rules, a trouble maker in the game.

I believe the last staff app was denied because you supplied a weapon to someone who was very obviously going to MRDM (being fair here, this was months ago!), I feel this same concept is still happening within your "retards" group, a lot the members that have little idea of the rules, tend to get into trouble due to your antics.

That isn't something I like to see from Staff members, your overall behaviour when something doesn't go your way is pretty childish still..

Now, (I'm still being fair here) I'm going to talk about the other times you were granted staff perms.

This has happened twice now.

I believe you were granted staff for an event, or something, I can't remember 100%. You were told to not take tickets.

Despite the obvious lack of training and punishment guidelines, you were in-fact taking tickets, you were dealing with them in the streets, sometimes no clipping above them to tell them off! This would have been clearly talked about in the staff training as a big no no (BEING FAIR, you didn't have any training..so how would you know).

You also gave out wrong information on warns, told someone it'll probably be a verbal for a punishment that is normally a warn (again, you had no access to any information)

It just should not have happened the first time, OR the second time!

I feel like you should have been more honest with us, told us you still had perms or just did what they told you to do, which was to not take any tickets..?

I'd also like to note, only yesterday you were spamming memes on a staff application..

I don't know man, you know you and I have our ups and downs..I just don't think you're mature enough..

This is just my own non biased opinion..one -1 in a sea of +1s is fuck all

I wish you all the best though, I'm looking forward to seeing what other people write!

EDIT; Regardless if devo has "changed" and people believe he's a "new man"..

We need to look at his warns, ARDM and RDM this month (last one 10 days ago) for a player who's been around for a very long time and knows the rules?

Also, the recent forum warning for spamming "joker" memes on a staff application, If it wasn't Devo applying this would have been denied due to the recent warnings across the whole community.

Edited by Tuppy

after seeing and being in admin sits where you have had to be muted for yelling into your mic so much and not letting the other person get their point across, you can see why I would think you are not ready to be staff

as tuppy stated before, you have been shown in the past to not be trust worthy with the role of staff as you got it for an event then started taking tickets without knowing the guidelines

you are also have some pretty new warns ( newest one being 10 days ago) which shows a lack of rule knowledge ( or just not following the rules) which is not a good look when you are trying to get staff

you also applied for staff awhile back which was denied because you gave a man a gun to go mrdm

all though you are going in the right direction with helping with the Halloween case and being less mingey you still have a long way to go

Good luck with your app

Kind regards, Unboltedglobe

• Like 1

So, I'm going to promise to be fair, alright, you have my word.

Over the past few weeks, your involvement with the team has been recognised!

The social media additions are a nice touch too.

You have been pretty useful recently and honestly, an easy person to deal with!

However:

Your involvement with the "retards" group is your biggest let down.

I remember this group targeting players and purposely trying to get them to leave the game or loose their cool..

If you were "blacklisted" then you were targeted by a group of people.

The group was known to be a minge group, I believe you even held minge meetings?

To be fair here, this could of been role played BUT the term MINGE (In garry's mod) refers to someone who has no intention to follow the rules, a trouble maker in the game.

I believe the last staff app was denied because you supplied a weapon to someone who was very obviously going to MRDM (being fair here, this was months ago!), I feel this same concept is still happening within your "retards" group, a lot the members that have little idea of the rules, tend to get into trouble due to your antics.

That isn't something I like to see from Staff members, your overall behaviour when something doesn't go your way is pretty childish still..

Now, (I'm still being fair here) I'm going to talk about the other times you were granted staff perms.

This has happened twice now.

I believe you were granted staff for an event, or something, I can't remember 100%. You were told to not take tickets.

Despite the obvious lack of training and punishment guidelines, you were in-fact taking tickets, you were dealing with them in the streets, sometimes no clipping above them to tell them off! This would have been clearly talked about in the staff training as a big no no (BEING FAIR, you didn't have any training..so how would you know).

You also gave out wrong information on warns, told someone it'll probably be a verbal for a punishment that is normally a warn (again, you had no access to any information)

It just should not have happened the first time, OR the second time!

I feel like you should have been more honest with us, told us you still had perms or just did what they told you to do, which was to not take any tickets..?

I don't know man, you know you and I have our ups and downs..

This is just my own non biased opinion..one -1 in a sea of +1s is fuck all

I wish you all the best though, I'm looking forward to seeing what other people write!

Hey Tuppy,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I do appreciate feedback and always bear it in mind for character development. Now, I shall start with your first point surrounding my group, 'Retards'. I understand and concur with your legitimate concerns however I must state that what is said vs what is done is 2 completely different things in relation to the group. What we said in terms in minging and the like never actually happened. As it stands, most members of Retards, to the best of my understanding, are on good standing grounds with staff in regards to warns and the like. Furthermore, if it means anything, I am more than happy to disband Retards to ensure that my legitimacy and willingness to be committed to staffing position is not brought into question at a later date. Although the last staff app was denied after I admittedly gave a MRDMer a gun, that was nearly 6 months ago I have no doubt changed for the better, seen by my various contribution to the server and playerbase. I do, however, understands concerns related to this incident that happened 6 months ago and can understand if it is still present in your mind although I do ask that you not only look at that one small incident without taking into account the countless good things I have done. As for previous staffing and anything I mistakenly did incorrectly, this is all news to me and I do not feel like I can adequately comment on it from my position, but I digress. What happened, happened and I won't deny it, instead, I take it in my stride and use it to grow better as user and as a person. One again Tuppy, I appreciate the feedback and trust me, it won't go unacted upon.

Love ya,

Devo

Alright hear me out you are a great person and all but your known as a minge by the whole community and ive only ever seen you be serious once and that wasnt even to me so untill i myself and the community have seen some sort of maturity from you its gonna have to be a -1 im sorry about this truely but if you gave it some time and worked towards your goal as stated by others too you will hopefully acheive it

+1

Well where do I start, you have always been nice to me.

Never too mingy. Has a great understanding of the rules and I think you would be a good addition to the staff team.

You have been in DarkRP for a while now and know your way around things and know how everything works.

You have also contributed to the server in may various was such as social media posts and what not.

There is something though Id like to point out, when I was in a sit the other guy went off at me and was being super toxic and rude and you had a go at him which I thought was funny and nice because you were defending me and saying some really nice things, but I'm sure you know you shouldn't do as a staff member.

Other than that I still believe you deserve a good shot at staff and wish you the best.

Love Alex xoxo

+1

very cool man with a very cool RPG

I think devo deserves staff he's knows the rules well and its decently active, also helps with skin creates and runs the very wonderful Orbital tiktok. best of luck Devo

shame he kisses boys - margarit

• Like 1

+1

Now usually, my verdict would be rather -1 judging by your mingy past; but I highly believe that you had improved a lot in terms of your behaviour for a while now. You contributed to the server by making a Halloween case and generally being active on Discord shows that you care for the server. The only thing that I'd like to comment on that is your activity in-game sort of reduced a while ago, but that is understandable if you're flooded with work, just would love to see some consistency. Your application is detailed in which shows that you had put your utmost effort into it. Your warns are a little concerning but it isn't very recent so I won't take it into the heart and let you go off with that one *insert smirk emoji*. This could be it, Devo, your changing point, if TerrA from Supremacy could do it, you could do it too. Good luck brother.

• Like 2

Hey Devo

You are an awesome dude and I would love to have you on the staff team, but unfortunately there are things that are holding you back. I have to agree with unbolted when he says that your maturity levels are not where they need to be, you shouting, and stopping the other player from getting their point across in a sit is a major no go. Also having 2 warns from the same months is too close considering the amount of time you have been around in the community. You should 100% know the rules by now and seeing them are too off putting for me at the moment. I could definitely see an improvement from you in the future.

Its a -1 from me.

1w of playtime with 2 warns would be great if they weren't both in the same month but oh well that's the least of my concerns, if someone reported you for every major rule you broke you'd be permanently banned already but just because you're "Devo" some people let you off the hook. You're awesome to talk to in the discord, but in-game the immaturity is just another reason why you don't deserve Staff (yet). Looking at other -1's it seems as if you don't really let people get their point across in a sit and get very immature which is a huge flaw when wanting to apply for staff. Sorry mate I dont think staff is a viable option for you yet.

Good luck on your application.

Edited by PressedCharges

1w of playtime with 2 warns would be great if they weren't both in the same month but oh well that's the least of my concerns, if someone reported you for every major rule you broke you'd be permanently banned already but just because you're "Devo" some people let you off the hook. You're awesome to talk to in the discord, but in-game the immaturity is just another reason why you don't deserve Staff (yet). Looking at other -1's it seems as if you don't really let people get their point across in a sit and get very immature which is a huge flaw when wanting to apply for staff. Sorry mate i just don't think you're viable for Staff yet.

Good luck on your application.

Would just like to include this as well, not sure if it was a joke or not 🤷‍♂️

[ATTACH=full]1428[/ATTACH]

Im not sure if you threw that out of context screenshot in, in the hopes that no one would notice the date and get the staff application removed or not but I don't really see the point to it. Regardless, I take your other points to heart and will work on myself further regardless of the outcome! As I said to Tuppy, your feedback is extremely useful and it won't go unnoticed.

Appreciated your response,

Devo

Edited by Devo

Im not sure if you threw that screenshot in to try and hope no one would notice the date and get the staff application removed or not but I don't really see the point to it. Regardless, I take your other points to heart and will work on myself further regardless of the outcome! As I said to Tuppy, your feedback is extremely useful and it won't go unnoticed.

Appreciated your response,

Devo

My bad, i didn't check the time of the application. You still shouldn't be asking an admin to +1 an application lol.

Hello, Devo!

Having 1 week of play time and 2 warnings is wonderful, but I don't believe you're a good fit for staff yet, and you've been incredibly mingy in the past, as well as being in sits, but I've noticed that you're trying to improve to get the role of staff, so I'm just going to have to -1 you here.

Best of luck with your job application.

Hey Bro

Extremely hard one. I'm a start off with the most obvious part, you can be a bit of a minge and your two warns show.

You've been here for a while, way longer than myself. Your thee best know person on the server and a funny, great bloke to be around. However, being a veteran makes you a role model figure to many people. The creation of the retards group is defiantly not he stuff a role model should show.

Some of your actions though completely juxtaposes my previous statements. In instances you've been given greater powers (for an event), you haven't abused those powers even when you had them for a prolonged period of time. While you were not supposed to do that, i saw you had no bad intentions. Showing you care for the server further seen through your promo videos and influence in the Halloween case.

Look, I think your great staff material and this is by far the hardest judgement I have ever made.

After 10 minutes of consideration, I believe you deserve a shot. You need to stop instantly though, start being a postive role model and ambassador of the server. All for fun and games however when your reputation has a influence on many people you need to be careful.

Good luck

Sliggght +1

• Like 1