Get rid of "15 and over to apply" rule for staff apps

confucius

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other): Forums

Details/Information about your suggestion: Multiple staff apps have had something like "I'm not 15 but (admin) gave me an exception". Why have that rule for staff apps if it doesn't really matter anyway and the application actually depends on the other factors

How do you think this will benefit the server?: Gets rid off a useless rule that might even restrict some people that could be good staff from getting the role maybe

Links: Here's some examples 1626543149673.png.01d4dcd696922b4fb6cd8e9a6fc837be.png1626543157146.png.a52eaab7548fb63e07c0cdc45b4928e5.png

I know this is trivial but like why have the rule

It's a good system because it separates a majority of immature players from the rest (I'm not saying everyone over 15 is mature nor am I saying that everyone under 15 is immature). It sets the bar for what the server wants from an individual in terms of their age so that there is not a huge disparity between staff. Having an age limit prevents applicants who are far too young or immature to make competent decisions as a staff on the server. We give exemptions if we deem that a certain player shows a rare maturity for their age or shows characteristics we would like to build off in a staff member. While it may seem obsolete if we can just overrule the age limit, it makes younger players below 15 work extra hard to improve their reputation and overall attitude to the server and make the management team and staff team feel more satisfied with the younger applicant's staffing capabilities. If exemptions were removed or if the age limit didn't exist altogether then you would see a huge influx of applicants that are either far too immature or irresponsible. Having an age limit in my opinion has always created better staff teams because only a certain few under the age gap are selected and given an exemption to have their application posted.
  • Like 1

It's a good system because it separates a majority of immature players from the rest (I'm not saying everyone over 15 is mature nor am I saying that everyone under 15 is immature). It sets the bar for what the server wants from an individual in terms of their age so that there is not a huge disparity between staff. Having an age limit prevents applicants who are far too young or immature to make competent decisions as a staff on the server. We give exemptions if we deem that a certain player shows a rare maturity for their age or shows characteristics we would like to build off in a staff member. While it may seem obsolete if we can just overrule the age limit, it makes younger players below 15 work extra hard to improve their reputation and overall attitude to the server and make the management team and staff team feel more satisfied with the younger applicant's staffing capabilities. If exemptions were removed or if the age limit didn't exist altogether then you would see a huge influx of applicants that are either far too immature or irresponsible. Having an age limit in my opinion has always created better staff teams because only a certain few under the age gap are selected and given an exemption to have their application posted.

true, i get that it sets the bar but i just thought it didnt matter after those staff apps

understandable

The reason why the rule is there is prevent kids from making shit admins (which they do 100% of the time).

yeah facts but like it could be removed but still considered when staff apps are being looked at, it's just that the rule itself doesn't seem to be followed, i get u though

-1 if there are admins under 15 haven't met any, probably shouldn't have any imo.

Hormones are constantly changing until you turn roughly 17/18, and even then people can tend to make irrational decisions at times based on other factors. It's not appropriate to have people 15 and under as staff, despite how mature they may be (or think they may be) as you can't stop the chemicals in your brain from making you irrational from time to time (which may lead to unnecessary warns/bans that lead to unnecessary appeals and yadda yadda). Also if you're 15 and under someone 15 or under may perceive a DarkRP admin position as an at least part-time commitment which is fine during school holiday periods, but beyond that schooling should really take priority.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with this. After leading PD for a while I have seen people at the age 15 and under have positions of power, and a lot of the time they get emotional and abuse it or the power goes to their head and they abuse it, I know that this doesn't apply to everyone but the risk is too large. The PD applications are currently 15 and over and so are the Staff and I believe that it should stay that way.

-GHC Indigo

• Like 2

you dont get harassed for being 13 and a staff member

regardless if you have a higher pitched voice but a professional mannerism of staffing, you will get harassed

its both for the security of the server and the staff team

biologically speaking, you change everytime you age, meaning you will make irrational decisions (ty to bignooster) and probably mess up, giving a bad look for staff.

we once had a junior staff system, which was a system for those who are staff and under 15, which of course didnt work since it did not introduce a proper system of differing mannerisms between the two "branches" of staff. we also had a few mishaps along the way, and not because that they were under 15, but moreover as something being put on the plate for WHY the mishap had occured.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with this. After leading PD for a while I have seen people at the age 15 and under have positions of power, and a lot of the time they get emotional and abuse it or the power goes to their head and they abuse it, I know that this doesn't apply to everyone but the risk is too large. The PD applications are currently 15 and over and so are the Staff and I believe that it should stay that way.

-GHC Indigo

all people under 27 do is abuse admin, eat fry

• Like 1