RP Name:

seagull

User rank:

trusted (donator expiring to trusted)

18+

Do you have a working Microphone?:

yes and I use it constantly

What is your server time? (Post a screenshot):

1w 4d 5h 7m 29s (as of 3:40am, January 11th.)

1673369149823.thumb.png.f1b60cd6aa0704ca192e3c4079b7de88.png

What are your active days/times on the server?

from Monday to Friday nights around 10pm to 1 or 2am.

on weekends I am on usually a little earlier than that, around 6 or 7pm.

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot):

1673368650739.thumb.png.bad3e702d854b6546cbf728d2cf417d5.png

21 warnings, most recent warning was not intentional, I had stacker tooled a prop into someone's rooftop stairwell by mistake. other than that I have been 3 months clean of malicious warns.

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot):

please refer to the image above.

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples):

I do not have any garrys mod admin experience, I do however have experience moderating a medium sized Minecraft server of around 30 people during the 2020 lockdowns, during which I managed toxic players, suspected cheaters and general moderation.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?:

I am very active on the server and moderately active on the discord and forums, I believe I am well known and have a good reputation since I have put my minging ways behind me to focus on building a better relationship with the community within the server, I am always helping other players when they need help and I am always finding ways to create community builds for people to enjoy, I have grown to care about the community and the people within it so I would like a chance to become staff to help keep the server enjoyable by dealing with difficult players, helping new players and creating a positive environment.

My willingness to help new players and regular players like, along with my positive community interactions are why I believe I deserve a chance for staff.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples):

I work at a local grocery store as a janitor, I have worked with a team of coworkers in order to maintain a clean and organized store. One specific example of teamwork is when we were preparing for a store-wide inventory check before the state managers came in to check our stores performance, We all had different tasks to complete, but we worked together to ensure that everything ran smoothly and efficiently, our team's hard work paid off and the inventory check went smoothly ranking us one of the best stores in the state, This has shown me the importance of communication and collaboration in order to reach goals as a team.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?:

I am always looking to make friends on the server, I believe I have accomplished that which makes me a friendly face for a lot of players, this would make staff sits much easier as players don't want to deal with a random admin they don't know, instead I can deal with troublemakers in a friendly, but serious manner I am fair and unbiased and I can handle difficult situations with a professional tone. which hopefully can ensure players find the server more enjoyable, preventing them from becoming repeat offenders and eventually becoming regular players who also provide a good RP experience.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?:

I agree to only use the powers given in an appropriate and sensible manner.

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?:

yes I understand that misuse of the powers given will result in them being stripped completely.

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?:

yes I agree to follow the expectations set by staff, i understand being staff is a serious role and i will do my best to meet the expectations given to me.

Edited by seagulll
  • Like 1

Massive +1 to this bloke, always seeing him ingame helping out players, creating great roleplay and overall a huge positive presence on the server. Seagull is very well known in the community and he has also assisted me a great amount with connecting with the orbital community also, I strongly believe he will be a great fit into the staff role and I hope to see him in my admin sits.
  • Like 2

Seagull you are a wonderful person with almost wonderful attitude towards the community of orbital severs and you a most recent very active person as well, your Detail with your staff application is well wrote just could with some more detail, Viewing Your Warns shows Me that after a Year you have gathered 21 warns in one Year and most recent warns are Quite close from 5 warns in 2-3 months and Most of your warns are little bit serious but the one problem is that you have done Multiple Propabuse(Moderate) and a few MRDM and ARMDM so unfortunately this will Be a -1 from me a I dont really see you learning your lesson even after so much time

Best of luck in the future kid - Ruby Bartosh

• Like 1

Hello Seagull. There are some things which trouble me with your current staff application. You have downplayed your recent warn when it was quite an obnoxious event for the people it affected. From the time period of your last staff application to now you have played a total of 82 hours on the server (I did the math). This would not normally be an issue, however, this tells me that you are unlikely to be an active member of staff on the server. Your last application was about a month ago.

And more recently I have only seen you on the server once or twice. I do not currently believe that you are active on the server.

On a positive note, your application is very well made and shows a high level of quality and your interest to become a staff member. You have a high amount of presence on the forums and the discord.

IF you showed change by playing on the server more I will be willing to change my response and give you a +1.

Until then Seagull you will be getting a -1 from me.

Best of luck!

Sincerely

Fetus Milkshake

EDIT: If you delete your application again I will -1 every other aapplication you make in the near future as it looks extremely bad for a staff member not to understand and work through their failures/mistakes.

Edited by Fetus Milkshake

My willingness to help new players and regular players like, along with my positive community interactions are why I believe I deserve a chance for staff.

This is extremely true and seaga- seagull is very welcoming to everyone on the server.

having 82 hours on the server in a one month period is quite an amount of time and I don't see a problem with that? I see him nearly every night, and during the hours there are often no staff online. Having a clean track record of warns for 3 months (the propabuse one doesn't even sound like it should be valid or moderate from what I heard the situation was)

But other than that, seagull seems like he would be a well-fitted member of the staff team and I can see that he really wants it and is trying to prove himself at every point he can. I don't see why I shouldn't give this a +1.

Oh boy, I'd like to say this really took genuine time to think whether I wanted to +1 you or not, however, I hope you understand my final verdict after reading.

I really do think you're a decent lad, I've had many many interactions with you that have overall been very nice, you're a respectful person when need be and I haven't had an issue with you yet. In saying that, my main reasoning for my -1 is because of your overall maturity, there is a time and a place, which for the most part you stick in line to, however a few of your posts on the forums show that you are consistently almost begging for the staff role, as much as it can be seen as a joke, to me it simply doesn't present maturity and someone I'd want in the staff team. I know it may seem almost petty to -1 you just for that but from what others might see I believe its perfectly valid as the maturity factor simply does not just apply in game, and it can be easily put on. As staff we hold ourselves to the best standards possible and to a professional degree (ironic for a gmod server I know). So I hope you understand my decision.

Good luck as always man

- Osama

• Like 1

Gonna keep this short but seagull your attitude to striving for staff is all wrong I have a suspicion you don't really want staff to better the community but really just want the status and perks that come with being staff and the warns you have are extremely serious and need A LOT of time to become history much like wallaby has done I simply don't think you meet the staff expectations and from what my fellow staff members have said they seem to agree. Keep playing the server and keep yourself out of trouble for a good long while to really prove you want to be staff not just to abuse it but to actually better the community.

Good luck.

• Like 1

+1

no problem with becoming staff for the perks (aka 3/4 of the current staff team presumably) !

as long as you waste your youth telling 3 guys having fun they are bad and typing !wban randy 5w you will be fine

Very chill, would recommend!

(Although I would not recommend falling into the bottomless pit that is staffing a gmod server for internet power!!! Go make mods for games etc instead x)

Seagull for headadmin

Hey Seagull,

Its a -1 from me,

Look I love that youre trying man, but I think your way is all wrong. You cannot keep deleting your applications so that you dont have to wait the 2 weeks for it being denied and make it so there is no history of these applications in questions. Your applying for this role way to early, every week you have a new application and im convinced your not ready for this role with the methods you are taking.

Im gonna say this again from the last application. Make yourself the best possible person you can be by giving it a good 6 months with nothing but effort and strive for this role. Have a clean record for that time with being active within all branches of our community, be friendly and a loveable character for everyone to see and meet.

I do think your a good person and never had an issue with you but I will add on what Mr Osama said, there is a time and place for everything and majority of the time you have no concept on when that is.

At this point in time you posses nothing of value to our team you need to show us what you bring to the table and how you can value this community all together.

best of luck seagull, one day will be your day>

Kind Regards

• Like 1

-1. Seagull you've been extremely inactive on the server the past few weeks and I can't say I've seen you once. Therefore I can only extrapolate my feelings about your application from your previous attempt. Seagull not only are all the points above valid, I just can't see you taking the critisim from your previous applications seriously when you delete it after a set amount of negative replies, just so you can re-apply without waiting the mandatory 2w cooldown after being denied. I cannot vouch for your character change as I haven't seen it yet, and activity is a massive issue. Sorry man, but I'm willing to have my mind changed :)

Hello Seagull.

As Mike said you've been inactive for the past few weeks now. And as other staff have put it you are going about this very wrong, you've deleted two staff applications leaving a bad taste within current staffs mouths. Your warn history is improving however there are still serious warns and as Andrew said, you should go 6 months without a warn while being active and helping the community as much as possible.

• Like 1

Look man, I've waited for as long as possible as I wanted to see other replies and I just couldn't decide on what I should give you. I went back and forth between positives and negatives, trying to figure out the best way to write this. I think you're an amazing guy, I have enjoyed interacting with you, and your overall personality is fun to be around. I think you're definitely on the right track toward becoming a staff member, however, based on a few things, I just don't think it is the time just yet.

Firstly, I believe the small break you took over the last few weeks has been detrimental to your community exposure. Going from being active daily to being inactive for two weeks is something people notice, and that is very apparent throughout several replies on this app. Again, I think you were a little too rushed to apply as soon as you returned.

Secondly, your maturity is still a little concerning. I still notice you portraying yourself as a staff member in Discord, deleting your applications when they receive many -1s etc. I think you're on the right track and I have noticed some level of improvement since your last few applications, however, it's not enough for me to endorse you as of yet.

Thirdly, I think you need to just accept the warning from Fetus and try your best to move on from it. It has been over a month since that warning/blacklist was issued and personally, I don't think it's as big of a deal as you might think it is. Yes, people may mention it in their replies and yes, it still might look bad on an application without context, however, the more you try to justify it, the worse it looks. If you accept you made a mistake, it shows that you are willing to acknowledge your mistakes and improve if you were to be a staff member, which is always a good quality to have.

I think you just need a little more time. Whether it be 1 month or 6 months with an extremely clean slate, I believe you just need to work on showing improvement, being active regularly, and working on maturity. If this were to be denied, I'd suggest taking the time to re-read through every reply, take notes on their feedback and start working on them as I can see you becoming a great staff member one day.

I wish you the best of luck!