Sook Staff Application

pog

Steam Community Link: Sook (link)

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:85482179

Discord User: rofl#4817

Country/Time Zone: Australia (AEST)

Do you have a working Microphone?: Yes, I have a good quality studio microphone.

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot): (I had more but I have no idea whats happened to it, also played the old server Idk if that counts.)Screenshot_9.thumb.jpg.ca2b316d9cbdc2211245204df45624e8.jpg

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot):

Screenshot_5.thumb.jpg.2d2d7a93f7725b4ee474fa76791e0c53.jpg

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot): 0 of both.

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples): I have nearly 6000 hours on various Garry's Mod servers which gave me a huge variety of communities to become a part of, which led to me dedicating half of these hours purely to staffing. Keep in mind I could list a lot of servers but I will only stick to the most relevant ones.

GGS.SX - Super Administrator

Supremacy Networks - Moderator

AU-GN - Senior Moderator

Elitelupus RP - Moderator

Monumental Gaming - Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?: With my years of Garry's Mod staffing experience, and my teamwork skills developed from sports clubs, and years of working outside of gaming, I see myself fit for being a part of the staff team. My playtime is low, but I have gotten to know some of the community in such a short time and have grown to have a passionate view towards the server, and can guarantee efficient outcomes to my role. I can be intuitive and can switch gears in an obsequious manner. I also understand how the staff role should be handled and am aware of the responsibility it carries with it. I also consider myself nonbiased in any situation especially when it would come to staffing. Helping players and making sure all situations are handled correctly, and also making sure both sides have a positive outcome is something I would push towards.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples): Being captain of my cricket team for 2 years really taught me how to; act in a lot of different situations, deal with many different types of people and always show them respect no matter what, and conditioned me to also be able to coordinate and make decisions under pressure, keeping everyone happy to get a good cricket season in.

I'm also a year and a half into my paramedic course, which heavily focuses on working together and using good communication skills to get the job done as efficiently and reliably as possible. We undergo various tests to see how we act under pressure, and how we can use teamwork to make things smoother. In each scenario we are always with a new face we haven't met before, so we learn how to treat every situation the exact same no matter what.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?: I am eager to help people on the server and be as active as I can, so people don't have to wait so long when making a ticket. I understand that using my experience in staffing will benefit me a lot and I can only guarantee that the job will get done properly.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?: Yes I do, I understand the responsibilities and the trust you guys give us to use such powers.

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?: Yes.

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?: Yes.

Personal Note: If anyone feels as if I am not fit for the role, please leave some feedback so I can maybe reflect on it. Thanks for reading

(lui ill give u a bag)

+1

Usually have at least a couple interactions with him on the day to day and have never needed to call an admin for rule breaking, seems like a chill and respectful guy and seems to follow the rules pretty well.

• Like 2

-active

-has allot of prior staff experience

-it has been brought to my attention that you did some not good things last night and over time which has made me change my mind and if you can prove to me that you have changed to a better person this will stay as a minus 1

Edited by froakie
  • Like 2

+1

-Very experience

-Active and helpful

-Pretty good guy from what I’ve seen

Sook is an amazing member of the community, the only thing is you don’t see him roaming the street much as a Civ, officer etc. he’s usually hard at work in the mines or growing weed. In saying that, I’ve seen him help newer miners on more than one occasion so good on him. Solid 1+ all round.

• Like 2

Unfortunate -1

After a careful look at you and your actions In game, I do Not believe you are ready / an adequate fit for the staff team. My experiences with you have been mostly neutral, from memory, more bad than good. You are an extremely manipulative player and try too hard to get out of situations. You use a variety of excuses when in sits, having your most occurring one be "If you warn me I'll tell keenu." Proven by this pathetic way of getting out of trouble, I do not believe you should be staff until you prove yourself better. You show little respect to some people in the community, myself too, of which proves you are not a welcoming and friendly player of the community. You have also been warned for Lying in Sit, which you have done before, clearly showing you are an untruthful and manipulative.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Unfortunate -1

After a careful look at you and your actions In game, I do Not believe you are ready / an adequate fit for the staff team. My experiences with you have been mostly neutral, from memory, more bad than good. You are an extremely manipulative player and try too hard to get out of situations. You use a variety of excuses when in sits, having your most occurring one be "If you warn me I'll tell keenu." Proven by this pathetic way of getting out of trouble, I do not believe you should be staff until you prove yourself better. You show little respect to some people in the community, myself too, of which proves you are not a welcoming and friendly player of the community. You have also been warned for Lying in Sit, which you have done before, clearly showing you are an untruthful and manipulative.

This was sad to read. Been in a sit with you once and you were gonna warn me for leaving to avoid printer loss when it's a verbal, thanks for the feed back though will make sure to work on these things. 👍🏻

+1

Very experienced staff member so it's obvious you know what you are doing. Some may believe that your humour is different as you like to joke around a lot, I take a liking to it. You have an obvious dedication to the server with your activeness across all platforms. I truly believe you are ready to start your trial period.

You should work on your maturity in sits as you have a history of lying. Staffing is about working as a team and if this continues, your fellow staff team may not take your word for things or entirely trust you. If you do believe you have done something wrong, this is also if you are a staff member, you need to improve and show to your team members that you can take that feedback maturely.

Keep helping out in OOC and being a useful community member. It is not all about the role as a staff member with power, its all about wanting to help out and be there for newer players. Knowing the rules extensively also helps majorly when it comes to being a staff member. I do believe you know the rules which is a good factor to keep in mind.

tldr;

Things you are doing good:

Highly experienced, great humour, dedication and activeness.

Need to improve:

Maturity, professionalism, trust, feedback.

Other notes:

Show your usefulness in the community always. Always go through the rules.

Thanks for reading,

Zoe.

While i am aware you are a somewhat active player i dont believe you have the maturity and/or attitude towards the server that would suit the staff team. I have had admittedly few interactions with you however not many of them have been positive.

My advice would be to work on your ability to assess a situation and the maturity level required for it in order to act accordingly (reference to the lying in sits etc.)

While i am aware you are a somewhat active player i dont believe you have the maturity and/or attitude towards the server that would suit the staff team. I have had admittedly few interactions with you however not many of them have been positive.

My advice would be to work on your ability to assess a situation and the maturity level required for it in order to act accordingly (reference to the lying in sits etc.)

I agree with this.

Maturity is one of the traits that is needed in a staff member, and personally, I don't believe you are quite there. Though you tick a lot of the boxes, based on the experiences I've had with you in-game don't really show this maturity we look for.

Nothing against you personally man, I think you could do better if you apply again later, and work on mentality in the meantime. Then, I'll happily +1 you, but for now,

Sook you're a really nice person, I've known you for a little bit and you are very nice.

The main reason I don't think you would be fit for staff is because the amount of effort you put into the server does not come close to the new expectations of staff. For example, Tony's staff application was extremely detailed. It raised expectations dramatically. Your staff app is indeed detailed, but it does not show that you really care about a role this major. In game, you are active, in the discord and forums however you are not as active as you should be as a staff member.

I have not heard you use your mic or voice too often, Yeah I understand that its not entirely necessary, but it is important to communicate. Especially when going for a role this big.

From reading your replies, your reactions are mixed. I don't really have an opinion on the maturity part, but as a player on this server, I like seeing staff be professional. I have a feeling if you were to be staff you would not take some situations serious.

I wish you luck though.