Andrew Vape's Staff app

Andrew Vape

Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/14194147124213123/

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:168445611

Discord User#: killswitch#6353

RP Name: Andrew Vape

Country/Time Zone: AEST

Do you have a working Microphone?: Yes

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot):1664296010083.thumb.png.6463c3aa628412a0998ecd54808fe135.png

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot): 1664296067484.thumb.png.fc647710ba1617cbeee17b334d76559b.png

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot): 0, as seen above.

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples): I have no previous experience as a staff member on Garry's Mod.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?: At the start of my journey on Orbital I took the server for granted, I logged on to cause "trouble" I would say, by stabbing random players and trying to get a reaction for a laugh. When I was warned I didn't think much of it, I never thought I would ever stick to the server and find myself enjoying it any other way. I think most players start of like this, they hop on to cause trouble for a laugh. There's always going to be people that are like this, I was there myself. I never thought of the repercussions that it could have on my application or experience on the community/server.

I, Andrew Vape know that I would be deserving of this role as I have been within this community for a while now making long term friends and being apart of a community that is very welcoming. My warns may have a negative impact on my application but with time I would like to recount my actions and become a exceptionable member to the staff team.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples):

I've been working in a team devoted job for a few years now, working as a crew member at a restaurant. The restaurant has to have communication and experienced crew to run the store efficiently, an example of teamwork is between Front Desk and kitchen, such as front desk has asked for a cheeseburger that has gone missing, they have communicated that they need this burger to complete an order, we have responded back that the burger will take no longer then 20 seconds to complete. If we did not communicate to the front desk that we understood that they need this order completed first, the car waiting on his food could block off the other cars from receiving there orders and basically be a huge problem for the store

If the communication wasn't there all of the cars in the drive-through could have 5 more minutes for there orders which could easily leave us with a bad review. These reviews could result in new customers reading these reviews left from discouraged customers and could detour others from purchasing from us. A simple thing like teamwork can easily go wrong and add a ripple effect for a business, just for waiting on one cheeseburger.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?:

Teamwork - as ive stated above i believe strong teamwork is important when dealing with hard situations.

Communication - Communication is key within a team, without it a team will surely fail.

Empathy - I have strong empathy for everyone, I will always try to find the best solution for any issue, this also means I will not be playing favorites (everyone needs to be treated equally, no matter the relationship I have with them).

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?: Yes I understand

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?: Yes I understand if i misuse my powers they will be removed.

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?: Yes I understand

All of the feedback given to me will be used to perfect myself.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my application

+1

Great application but in the question:

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?

you didnt really answer the question.

i know what you mean when you say you joined the server for laughs i understand, i think im the person who has had that feeling racking up to 36 warns because i dont care, but ive changed so i believe you can change to.

best of luck: wallaby

i personally don't know you, so i will be relying on this application.

you have repetitive warns, you have two warns this month alone, no previous staff experience, i have had like one experience with you and it was a bad experience. "Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?" in this question you only said examples that may or may not relate to you, but that wasn't what the question was asking. "I think most players start of like this, they hop on to cause trouble for a laugh" on my time on the server most people actually play the server for fun, and not infact try to ruin other peoples time with your "fun". "Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples):" you only used one example for this question, it would have been better if you used more. "I, Andrew Vape know that I would be deserving of this role as I have been within this community for a while now" now two months is a bit of time but i wouldn't really say that its a "while", in orbital alot of people come and go, but a while would probably be someone who has been staying active on the server ever since iconic. you stated that you only joined orbital to minge and leave... i don't think this will help you in any sort of way?

your application is long but it can certainly be a lot better, you used very few examples in this entire app, and I don't know you well except for that one bad interaction.

all the best

-Mashed

• Like 1

+1

Andrew vape what I can say from my perspective is that you were kinda cringe in the start, but you admitted your wrongs and learnt from the past as I can see, you changed as an individual you started respecting the community more, started roleplaying more and being apart of the community by staying active on a daily basis, giving the community a chance to roleplay in a dark rp server, I see you play cops on serval occasions even build or even raid, and the best part is your Ometv nights it brings a life on the table.

Yes you have a lot of warms in the previous month but I can see you changed by admiring your wrongs and you are unlikely to get warned as much as you roleplay and want to change your name in the community, I like you as a person your a great vibe even if people give you negatives they don’t understand you as much until they get to talk to you for a period and really get close to you.

Even if you don’t have that much staff experience we all start from the bottom, but practice makes perfect you will learn on the go you.

I wish you the best of luck in you’re application as I can see you being a part of the time.

<span style=❤️"><span style=❤️">

+1

Very chill and fun to play with, also is very nice to people. Not having any staff experience doesn't really matter too much as we all gotta start somewhere and how can you expect to get experience if you need experience to get staff XD. Very active in the community and not an extreme amount of warns for the large play time :)

+1

Absolute legend to be around in my books, despite not having any staff experience you do genuinely show a lot of the qualities for staff, you do have your moments I cannot lie where you can be toxic however I think that for the most part you have shown a display of maturity and have confided in others for opinions to improve, I believe you have a genuine shot at staff and would do great in a position in such, the application is average at best but I do believe that your activity on forums, ingame and on the discord is pretty solid.

Good luck man

- Osama

+1

My interactions with Andrew have always been positive and that he enjoys playing on the server. While he does have a lot of previous warns, I do think that he has the ability to adapt and connect with the community in a positive way and would make a good addition to the staff team.

I do have to agree that your answer to your ability to work as a team could have used more examples, but I do think the rest of the app is of better quality.

Best of luck to you Andrew, do not be discouraged if you don't get it the first time around.

-Mason

You're cool. I always see you around and and you're always making the roleplay experience more enjoyable. Your application is nicely written and really demonstrates how you can provide benefits to the staff team. Even though you do have a few warnings, having this many and accruing over 2 weeks of playtime on the server, it really shows how little you may mess up and break rules. A small bit of advice may be to re-read them on occasion to continue familiarizing yourself.

All-in-all, I think you would do a great job as a staff member and I hope your application goes well!

+1

+1

I see you around all the time on the server, you seem quite active. You're quite mature and I can tell you have good intentions for the server. I believe you could fit well into the staff team.

Your application is well written, you have great grammar and your writing is mature which is good for a staff member when it comes to forum posts and replies.

There are some things you can improve on though. I'm writing these things so you can take these into account and to become a better version of yourself.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?:

In this section, I would've liked to see more about you as a person. You explained your past in regards to your poor behaviour but the past is the past. I'd love to know more about you as a person, your weaknesses and your strengths and how you would go about improving those.

Your warnings are fairly recent. You have 2 warnings this month which isn't ideal. A staff member should have complete knowledge of the rules. Maybe touch up a bit on those.

It would be great having you on the staff team. Goodluck!

Zoe <strong>❤️</strong>

+1

Hello Andrew! Coming with a +1. Andrew is an active member and your forum activity is forgivable. Andrew is great to chat with and fun to play with. Your app is well written.

Your warns are something to be worried about, 2 warns from this month is not the best of looks.

+1

Andrew Vape has always been nice with every interaction I've as well as helping me with learning the game towards the start. The warns are a bit ehhh but from what you've written in your app I can see you have definitely turned around and I think u deserve this man.

GOOD LUCK!!!

+1 Great application and a very good amount of playtime. I see you on often and always have good interactions with you. Your warnings this month aren't ideal but you've gone a few weeks without receiving a warning and with all of the positives definitely outweigh the negatives when considering your eligibility to trial for staff. Good luck! =)

+1

Personally, I see your warns as the embodiment of your own learning experience, the fact that you have lowkey 'turned yourself around', shows that you have a good character. You're a funny guy, super charismatic and I think you'd be an amazing fit for staff.

Good luck man