Nick's Ban Appeal

Nick

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:151576465

In-game name: Nick

Time and date of ban (Use timezone): 22/08/22 - 12:36

Name of the Staff Member that banned you: TerrA

Further details: Bit of a stab in the dark here. Few nights ago (roughly 4am in the morning) I joined orbital vc with gucci bag, angel, sinister and some others idk. After talking for a bit a convo with somebody sparked about orbitals anti cheat and I wanted to see if a certain cheat I had would be detected or not. I asked sinister "If I do get banned and it does detect the cheat can you unban me (because obv I'm not gonna join and try to cheat on a dark rp server lol, what you gonna do, use xray to see if someone is in their base <strong>💀</strong>) anyways. I asked sinister that and he said yes, if I got banned then he would unban me. So off I went and joined the server with cheats activated and I can tell you right now that the anti cheat didn't instantly ban me. Anyways, sinister hopped off not too long after and gucci bag, myself and angel just mucked around on the server for no less than an hour and then we all decided to go do something else or go to bed. Might I add whilst on the server I played around with a few different features that I thought the server would have some sort of checks in place to prevent such things.

Anyways, the day after I get a message from sin saying "welp, your fucked"

I asked him what had happened and apparently gucci bag had led on that I was "abusing" the cheats or something along those lines.

Now for starters, that doesn't make much sense does it "abusing cheats" like it is a server addon or smthn.

Secondly whilst we were on the server he was completely fine with everything that had happened, we killed each other and that was about it. He never got pissed or anything, he was fine.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it was 4am in the morning, no one was affected in a negative way from it (at least no one ever said anything to me), I didn't damage the server in anyway and sinister told me that it was fine to join with them. Now you could argue that yes, you joined, you didn't get banned so why didn't you just leave and not use them on people such as gucci bag and angel. Well I wanted to test certain cheats to see if there were checks put in place for them, e.g. someone being on the opposite side of the map and being able to kill them with a gun and by that point we were just messing around, just the 3 of us. Didn't hurt anyone's roleplay immersion at 4am in the morning.

And the final question you must be wondering "Why?".

Yeah idk it was 4am in the morning and I was bored and sin said sure. That's really about it.

My point here is, I didn't join and chuck a massy with it, I didn't join to gain any sort of advantage. You can't tell me pharam was not using scripts/cheats to bhop the way he did the other day. Maybe that is something integrated in the server that is accessible by him but even so, no different from me doing it.

I understand you can go "well you injected lua into the server which is against the rules case closed"

Like yeah I get it if you do that but what I am trying to say is that I didn't hurt anyone with it and didn't ever intend to, twas purely to test the anti cheat and I said that before even loading up the cheats. There's literally pedophiles on the server who have lured children and they are fine lol :|.

Not trying to throw you under the bus either sin, just saying what happened and what was said.

Also heard a rumour that a player got a free knife for "snitching" on a player that used cheats.

Perhaps this was a sad way for gucci to go to other staff who had no context of the situation and try and get free items?

dunno

Any evidence you can provide: ask sin

Have you become familiar with the rules?: still am

Edited by Nick
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

What I can say nick yes in my offence it was my fault for allowing you to use the cheats which I don’t have permission to give as admin which is not allowed I understand it was 5am and you were just messing around testing to see if the anti cheat would detect anything bad which it didn’t, but apparently at what guci has said in the ticket is that you were abusing it as soon as I left.

we were both at fault here me for allowing you to use anti cheat and you for “ abusing it as which Gucci “ said I don’t know if he has proof or can provide but in general I should take full responsibility for any cause or harm I have done.

I’ll let management deal with these good luck 🤞🏾

• Like 1

What I can say nick yes in my offence it was my fault for allowing you to use the cheats which I don’t have permission to give as admin which is not allowed I understand it was 5am and you were just messing around testing to see if the anti cheat would detect anything bad which it didn’t, but apparently at what guci has said in the ticket is that you were abusing it as soon as I left.

we were both at fault here me for allowing you to use anti cheat and you for “ abusing it as which Gucci “ said I don’t know if he has proof or can provide but in general I should take full responsibility for any cause or harm I have done.

I’ll let management deal with these good luck 🤞🏾

Yeah I understand sin, but what I don't understand is why gucci made a ticket about it... That entire morning he was encouraging me to try all these different things and stuff I didn't have access to, like "oh can you noclip or oh, can you shoot me from behind here." Never did he lead on that he was upset about it or anything in that regard. He kept asking me to stream my screen as well because he "wanted to see what it looked like" now I think he was just tryna get a screenshot or something idk.

DENIED

[JUSTIFY]Although Sinister consented to let you test your cheats on our server, which he shouldn't have done and was reprimanded for, you shouldn't have abused it after Sinister left. Regardless of whether Gucci Bag reported you, you still decided to use it, and your appeal doesn't even seem sincere when you claim that pharam is using bunnyhop scripts which he hasn't.[/JUSTIFY]

Also heard a rumour that a player got a free knife for "snitching" on a player that used cheats.

[JUSTIFY]This is completely false, and despite the fact that a ticket was created on our Discord in which the player Gucci Bag reported you and the issue was brought to light, he was not rewarded in any way. The bigger picture is that we don't know if you will use your extraordinary cheats if you are allowed back onto the server and spoil the players' experience, thus your ban will remain.[/JUSTIFY]