ThyKing's Commissioner Application

thyking

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:559903686

Age: 13 I turn 14 in july (I got an age exemption from Tuppy)

Discord User#: ThyKing#5184

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot): 20220418110942_1.thumb.jpg.67d9acaf82d23c1619ab02c511a8711c.jpg

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot): 20220418110953_1.thumb.jpg.dea7714fcee702c26d5ee4385319b487.jpg

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot): Shown above

What is your current Police rank?: Chief Superintendent

What is your current SWAT rank?: Command Sergeant Major

What are your other ranks? (Detective, undercover, etc.): Detective Superintendent

Why do you believe that you should be a Commissioner or Commander?: I'm a long term and trusted member of the OCPD, I'm an ex comm showing I can achieve the role of commissioner successfully, I'm active within the pd discord, as a cop in game and I always reply to other comm/cmdr apps, I have a great attitude toward PD, I have an extreme knowledge of the rules and I'm always willing to listen to other people's opinions, I'm a probie trainer currently and have been one before even before I became a comm, I have a great work ethic and I always listen to figures of authority within the PD ranks, I know the answers to most questions people will ask, I love to have a lot of fun while still keeping it respectable and making sure people are in line while doing so, I've put a lot of work into PD trying to make changes for the better, When I left PD it was due to it being the same old thing but since then it's become more refined and much better to be a part of which inspired me to make a return.

Explain what you would be giving to the community, once received this role: I can give a great knowledge of rules and an extra hand to ensure PD is ran smoothly, I always make suggestions with cool/interesting idea that could possibly better PD, I would like to try and refine PD by making sure it's organised and less chaotic in game, I'm willing to take feedback and improve from it to make changes, I try to guide people to do their best at everything to ensure they make it in PD, I want to make new events and assist other people in their events, I will make sure to patrols out of no where to test people and I'll make sure to look out for people doing good work to recommend that they be promoted, I do 100% of the work and nothing less to ensure it's always done properly for best results.

What are some qualities that make you stand out from other Police Officers? When I was 2IC I made a guide to writing a DNP for new 2IC's, probie trainers and new Comms/Cmdrs, I was one of the first people in the server to get Chief Superintendent without being a Comm prior and I'm one of a few people who have Command Sergeant Major without being a Cmdr prior which is showing a lot of time and dedication put into the PD, I take feedback and use it to improve and make changes, I know what I'm doing with training probies. I've passed every test for the ranks in the PD showing how much I know and how long I've been doing this for, I have so much time dedicated to PD, I'm fine with spending time typing long reports and things and I won't get bored and run off, I have a great sense of leadership and I understand communication is key for team work.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given?: Absolutely

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?: Certainly

Do you agree to follow the Commissioner & Commander expectations once given?: Yes

• Like 1

+1

While you have been inactive for some time, I can confidently say your commissioner presence within PD had been missed. Thyking not only shows good initiative, he does everything by the book, isn't afraid to speak up when he firmly believes something isn't right and gains staff attention immediately. He did exceptionally well on his first run as commissioner and I thoroughly enjoyed working under him when I was mainly playing PD. He regularly hosted and attended events and patrols, and as a new PD member at the time actively engaged me, and many new and now current PD members.

Unfortunately you have been inactive for a few months (Not over a year :geek:), from what I heard you admitted that you weren't going to be as active in the community, and voluntarily resigned, offering the position to someone whom was more active, essentially not hogging the role, so I can't help but to turn that note into a positive. Age comes into mind also when thinking of the drawbacks, however despite your age, you're still more mentally mature than half of the server (From personal experience), and well spoken. As far as your temper and reputation surrounding it, I can understand that you did have a 'name' regarding it, however I am yet to see you act inappropriately as of late. Whistleblowing isn't a negative trait when it's actively damaging the server or your (and others) DarkRP experience. It isn't a worry for those who hold grudges from years ago, because those whom hold those memories dearest are those who are unwilling to let go.

While you are still new to returning to PD, you have previously shown you are extremely capable of the position and would most definitely excel in the role, as you once did.

Overall, I can't help but to promote you as an extremely viable option for PD, and I wish you the best of luck on your application

I believe that you have committed the most time to the PD out of anyone on the server. You have been active basically since server launch.

As far as I know, you’ve been able to handle trainings and inferior ranks effectively and fit the prerequisites required for Commissioner.

My only issue would be that you resigned from being bored. You need to make up your mind whether you’re going to commit to it or not. If you get accepted and resign after a short time again, I think you should be blacklisted.

+1

Hey ThyKing.

Your main problems to returning to the Command team is the extreme amount of drama you cause wherever you go and your attitude/mentality to gaining roles in the PD.

The amount of controversy you cause in the Orbital community is has to be mentioned and this isn't just because of people holding onto old grudges against you. This controversy follows you and as seen on your staff app many would not like to see you in this role or that one. The main issue is that you can't give up these old grudges and you would continue them into Commissioner. Many would call you power hungry when you received this role in the past and you had a short temper. The mentality you took to Commissioner led to many to develop a negative opinion of the Command team and of PD as a whole. We don't want to be seen in a bad light in a time where we are adjusting to respond to the community more and more.

Your attitude to returning to this role is also poor. One example of this is your attempt to become DT-XO. You went beyond the point of simply informing Detective Command of your interest in the position to believing that you were entitled to the position to an extent. For example, you wondering when Ragnar would get on so he would presumably give you the role, with no confirmation from him that he would give you it. This attitude of entitlement and the previously mentioned by many lack of interest and focus you showed once getting the role. You also seem to be running straight to Commissioner right after your Staff app was rejected, with no signs of improvement. Staff and Commissioner share many of the same qualities needed to be respected in that role and these same issues have not been addressed by yourself since your Staff App.

For the future, please improve your mentality when approaching such roles and how you act once you get them. I believe many of the critiques that you get are unformulated and I wished to put depth into my post. Good Luck with future endeavours.

• Like 4

-1 hey thyking sorry for the -1, but to be completely honest you are toxic, I don't see you being helpful in ooc chat and group chat , you haven't tried to get 2ic or dt xo and you were commissioner for a short time and then got bored. If you got bored of commissioner then why would you like it now?

Edit: about half the people that -1d you you are stupid reacting which makes me think you are even more immature

Edited by Richard F.Lord

Thyking, In my short time of knowing you its been great but I've noticed you cause a lot of drama. I believe you would make a good DT-XO but with such responsibilities and high standards as commissioner I believe it would be suited better for someone else. You resigned when you first got Commissioner because "You got bored". I'm confused what would be different this time around. It seems you have told yourself that you are getting DT-XO and Commissioner. The other day you spoke to someone about becoming a Detective and you told him to speak to you and you will consider him on becoming a detective. You argue in chat and seem to have conflicts every time I see you. In my opinion you should take a break, You've been back for 4 days and you seem to be rushing things.

• Like 2

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤDenied

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤDue to poor community feedback.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤReapply in 2 weeks.

• Like 2