Picking up a weapon as a cop, "(fail rp)

aflernando

Your SteamID STEAM_0:1:631640355

In-game name: aflernendo

Name of the Staff Member that warned you: tony

Further details: I was walking along and I see murk stabbing someone to death. At the time there was also a gun nearby near murk. Murk killed the person then I walked in and picked up the gun and I planned to shoot him all I was only PB and had no tazer. Murk then immediately stabs me and /demotes me for picking up a gun as a cop. The main reason why I picked up the gun is to deposit it back at the PD and remove the illegal weapon that could cause other issues with me dealing with murk. First of all, to be clear i didn't plan to use the gun for my own use as i already have many, i planned to return it to the pd. also murk shouldnt have just killed me as well.

First off you never told me and Wilhelm that you “planned to shoot him” until we brought it up that your priorities would be to take down the active attacker rather then picking up someone’s gun from the ground.

Furthermore your evaluation of the situation should’ve determined that you need to eliminate the active threat then secure the weapons…..but you didn’t so I have no other option but to assume you pocketed the gun for personal use rather then taking it to armoury and that would be classed as “FailRP”

When I joined in as Tony had requested someone to assist in the situation, you did tell me when I asked that you " had no taser so what was I supposed to do ", Myself and Tony then began to say " You shoot him he is an active lethal threat " and this had to be repeated a few times as you kept saying that because you had no taser you couldn't do anything, you then asked " Well if I hit someone with my fists can you kill me then " I responded by saying yes depending how low in regards to fists as you should try to tase first but all other weapons yes I recommend shooting to kill. You had told myself and Tony that you planned to grab the gun that the individual Murk Killed had dropped it while you were watching Murk kill him which prompted us asking why did you do nothing about Murk initially and why your prioritized the gun on the ground rather than Murk stabbing someone to death which to me doesn't make much sense, as you were more than capable of shooting Murk with your M4 then getting the gun off the ground after Murk was killed.

Denied

After checking logs and reading through the replies carefully, you already had an AK-47 equipped. This means you could have diffused the situation using your current weapon. You also didn't prioritise citizens' lives which is the main priority for law enforcement.

Alongside this, Government rolls are unable to drop weapons once equipped. To take it to the armoury, you must pocket the weapon. Meaning you couldn't drop it in the armoury and couldn't fulfil your desired intentions.

For the reasons stated above:

Your warning is valid and will stay

Edited by TerrA
  • Like 2