What's something that you believe is missing from the server?

Mr Osama

What I mean by this is something that could be added, implemented or changed on the server that could make it a lot better or a lot more fun,

Personally, I believe adding a levelling system to PD would be a good idea, instead of just hopping on for an event or two and receiving a promotion, you would have to reach a certain level to be eligible for said promotion. Having a milestone of some sort every 5 or 10 levels offers up a better weapon in your spawning arsenal or more kevlar as shown when you go up the ranks.

Whilst PD is one of the more advanced jobs I believe having some sort of grind to be the absolute best you can be or having an objective or progression would be really fun to play around with.

personally i think crack and heroin should be fixed and brought back, they felt a lot cheaper to make and were much simpler, which would help, because none of the drugs in the server right now feel cheap. i feel like a low price, low sale job would be great for RP, since it would more of a focus on selling drugs to players, and actually RPing as a drug dealer, not just leaving your base to sell. It would also be great for new players, due to crack and heroin's simplicity.

doesn't have to be specifically crack or heroin, just a cheap, simple, low reward drug that can be done by players so that drug dealers can make more money off players, encouraging them to sell to people and RP.

The cocaine job we had ages ago was pretty good, would be nice to have back and it could maybe replace moonshine as nobody really plays moonshine at all. From what I remember it didnt cost too much to set up and each batch was fairly fast to make so it should probably make a little less than what meth does. It obviously wouldnt be played as much as weed or meth but would definitely be played more than moonshine.

Any form of incentive to roleplay a character. There's 0 reason to actually play a character and talk to people as said character. its all a game of money and knives at this point. With minges and metagamers being stock standard, People don't want to roleplay. they purely come to the server for a public event. Weed dealers aren't incentivized to sell product to players, Roles like any of the city jobs are played very minimally (Though I still think they're a good idea) And Everyone and their mother just wants to be resized or model swapped. I can understand its a game and not realistic but you can see how gta5 rp thrives off of playing a character for the point of rp. But gmod darkrp has regressed to sitting in corners of the map in a dark room til the economy's broken.

I get the limitations of Garrys Mod and that the cast of 11-17 year olds makes up 90% of the playerbase where suggesting having 2 bases means that someone will take advantage of it and no one can play fair without being restricted.

There is no trust in any of the players of this video game to the point of insanity. Trusted isn't a role. Its just a nametag

Any form of incentive to roleplay a character. There's 0 reason to actually play a character and talk to people as said character. its all a game of money and knives at this point. With minges and metagamers being stock standard, People don't want to roleplay. they purely come to the server for a public event. Weed dealers aren't incentivized to sell product to players, Roles like any of the city jobs are played very minimally (Though I still think they're a good idea) And Everyone and their mother just wants to be resized or model swapped. I can understand its a game and not realistic but you can see how gta5 rp thrives off of playing a character for the point of rp. But gmod darkrp has regressed to sitting in corners of the map in a dark room til the economy's broken.

I get the limitations of Garrys Mod and that the cast of 11-17 year olds makes up 90% of the playerbase where suggesting having 2 bases means that someone will take advantage of it and no one can play fair without being restricted.

There is no trust in any of the players of this video game to the point of insanity. Trusted isn't a role. Its just a nametag

I genuinely think it's because of the way the server is branded, if you look at a server like NoPixel for GTA, the server is branded in a way where if you are not serious and you are not partaking you will not be welcome and accepted. GMOD servers including orbital aren't too fussed about this as long as they are following the general rules. I definitely do agree though I haven't ran into a serious RP server for GMOD in years and it'd be really good if it still did.

Something to take into consideration is definitely the limitations in comparison as well as the overall passion for having a serious roleplay server as I assume. even having some of the players and even higher-ups say to me that certain members take PD too seriously when in reality, for a roleplay server, seems pretty fair. Bringing up NoPixel again, there is literally zero information on anything, if you want to know how to make money, you gotta find someone in the game and ask and hope they tell you, the experience is made so realistic and I love that and wish GMOD could be something similar.

For the most part though at the end of the day I don't believe GMOD has the audience for this anymore as most people I interact with don't play the game for it to be as serious as possible and just to have a little fun at the end of the day.

EDIT: Yeah even if you look on the forums even management sees serious roleplay as a negative thing.

Edited by Mr Osama

This could be a stupid suggestion, but...

A lot of jobs are being neglected due to the amount of money you can make in comparison with a job such as Glorified Gardener. So implementing a system that somewhat forces a player to interact with more neglected jobs could be interesting.

For example, adding a hunger bar that isn't as detrimental to a player as damage might be, so that a cook could become a more visited job as there would be more demand for it.

Just essentially more incentives and reason to use the very obscure and less used jobs, whatever the method may be.