Walterburg's Staff Application Round 2

Walterburg

Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198395184996/

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:217459634

Discord User#: KahnDoge#9015

RP Name: Walterburg

Country/Time Zone: AWST (Western Australia)

Do you have a working Microphone?: Yes

What is your gametime?

Screenshot2022-11-03183249.png.ff14696b70593cf4735c79e34afc21a7.png

How many warnings do you have? Screenshot2022-11-03183357.thumb.png.5b78799da3cddcd3c9b5ae9e2b746ef1.png

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot): Above ^

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples):

3 Minecraft Servers

(OPprisons 2020-2021)

(Dirtcraft Pixelmon 2022-2022)

(Pokecraft Pixelmon 2021-2021)

4 Discord Servers.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?:

To be honest, I have been putting off this application for a while, and this has allowed me to scathe through countless applications and study what gets people accepted and whatnot. But mainly, it's shown me that this position isn't something that I need urgently or at all. From what I've heard from talking to others that have been moderating for a while, being an admin is more than just doing a job every now and then, it takes away the ability to play DarkRP as a regular person, and that is what strayed me away from it for a while; I wanted to enjoy the game a little while longer. And now, with almost 2 weeks of playtime, i feel as if my understanding of this server has grown, from more than something to just mess around on and propblock people, because that's what everyone does at the start (hence my early warns). I have exhausted playing the game at a surface level, and I'm realizing that I desire more from it. And now, I see being an admin as an opportunity, an opportunity to enjoy this game on another level. I'm not the greatest person on the server, nor am I the best in any way for this position. In my last application, i talked about my immense skillset, but this time, I just want to talk about my willingness to do the job in the first place. Who would go to an interview promising great PHD's and not even use them afterwards? I'm finally ready to stop putting this off over and over, and revive my interest in DarkRP as a whole. I'm not gonna lie, after my last application was denied, I was pissed. I honestly had though that they were stupid to not want to accept me, but now i cringe whenever I look at that application, thinking how stupid I was. I was arrogant, and the amount of torment it cause me to go back to it to copy my SteamID was horrifying. All in all, the reason I believe I'm deserving of this position, is the level of maturity I've come to know, and the ability to learn, just like everyone else.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples):

This question is hard, teamwork is very dependent on what you are doing, or what game you are playing. Garry's mod however, has provided me with teamwork skills that are almost unavoidable in DarkRP, Jobs such as PD provide ample amounts of teamwork experience, and while only being a senior constable, I have still participated in numerous hostage and raid events. In these events, adapting and working together is key to efficiency and the best possible outcome. So through this, and playing the game for a good amount of time, I can say that these traits are proof of my ability to work cooperatively.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?:

I've played on this server for a while, and have been in a lot of sits in my lifetime. Needless to say, I feel as if I've had an interaction with nearly every admin on the server, even if it is as minor as an RDM warning. Something I've noticed unanimously across all of these admins/moderators, is that they take each situation with no consideration for the events around it. This would be great, if you were an impartial judge in a court-room, but this is Garry's Mod for crying out loud. Now I'm not sure if there is a rule stipulating that you must act like this, but I feel as if this should not be the case when it comes to arguments in sits. The quality I feel I could add in this server is the ability to see a situation for what it is, and to empathize with a person's genuine mistakes if it is at all possible. Some people make stupid sits for stupid reasons, a lot of my warns are just from dumb kids at 3am that take the game seriously. I will take this specific type of event in mind and try my best to feel for the person that was just there to have fun, because at the end of the day, the goal is for both parties to be happy with a final decision, and that should be met whenever possible.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?: Yes unlike pharam

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?: Y e s

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?: Y e s

Oh and one last thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBwUxJbfobE:5

+1

You seem like a decent guy for the most part, but my main issue is your clear lack of maturity. I've also never really had an interaction with you in-game.

HOWEVER, I think your application is detailed which is why I will be giving you this +1 and your significant interaction outside of GMOD, you're a funny guy to talk to and I see you chatting with others a lot. While I'd usually -1 someone's application for being immature (Very ironic coming from me I know) I believe that the detail you've put into your application proves to me that you truly want this role and would do well with it. I don't see why you couldn't have a shot at staff.

Good luck man

- Osama

Hey Walterburg,

Its gonna be a +1 from me

To start off the application itself is actually really good, you detailed the app very well explaining why you deserve this position, your forum and discord activity could be better but atleast you have some responses in there. You do have some recent warns in the last 30 days. You have some previous staff experience which is good to see even if it was on other games, it shows you always want to excel where ever the world takes you. Youve stated that you have made some mistakes and i can feel the same about that, i racked up a fair amount of warns for kind of the same thing but i changed so i cant see why you cant.

I would like to note that what Mr. Osama said, i do feel the same about the maturity level, i like you as a person but some changes will need to be in order as sometimes you can be a bit cringe.

However I do think you posses some qualities i would love to see in the staff team, I believe that you have the willingness to learn and become a terrific staff member so i dont see why you cant get a shot.

Best of luck Walterburg

-1 How dare you insult the staff team who work so hard!

+1

I think your application is very well made and answers the question how it should be and you have some humour in there too which made me actually want to read it as most applications can be a bit repetitive and boring you have a good sense of humour.

With the good there is bad, I feel like you could use your humour at better times and can come across as immature which can be a problem when your representing the whole staff team/server. As osama stated I have had close to no interactions with you I do see you in game but have rarely ever spoken to you a way to fix this would be maybe to engage some conversation with people you haven’t talked to and meet some new people.

You do seem like a likeable person and have experience staffing along with a good amount of game time, the warns are a bit worrying but judging off the improvement you’ve made and the way you answered the questions I can tell you are someone who learns from their mistakes and can take feedback in a positive matter which is certainly needed to become a staff member.

Overall I think you deserve it and would love to see you in the staff team as I think you would be a great asset, I know you will take all feedback positive and build off of it and I can’t wait to see you in the future.

Good luck man

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?: Yes unlike pharam

Who the fuck do you think you are? You really think you can just fucking say that to my face? Why the hell did you even say that? It wasn't even funny. Are you just trying to get attention? Is your life really that miserable? Are you trying to get a reaction out of me? Well, guess what? You fucking got one. I've never been more pissed at anything in my life. Never fucking speak to me again. Actually, just don't speak to anyone ever again. The world is better off without your verbal diarrhea.

+1

+1

I have not had much interaction or seen you on the forum much so that could improve plus the blacklists aren't the best look.

I have heard many good things about you and even though we have had little interactions I cannot say any have been bad, there is a lot of effort put into this application and that is really good to see because it shows the amount of care you have for the role which I can appreciate.

Stay safe

-Cooper

+1

Hello Walterburg! Giving a +1. I've seem you around here and there. Anytime I've talked to you, it's being positive. Active on the discord, also you have gotten the Content Creator role, which in itself shows some interest to the community. Your app is detailed and I liked your responses to the questions. Last warn you got was close to a month ago now, which shows an improvement in understanding the rules.

Your forum activity is on the lower end, but in time it can be improved on.

+1

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to meet you in game but based off this application and other peoples reply's I can say you'd make a good fit for staff. You have experience in staffing on other platforms and this application is fairly well written, your warns are from months ago and I believe you can develop the maturity to handle staff sits.

Good luck I look forward to staffing with you in the future!

I was hoping I could give you a plus one for this, as I like your application. Felt like I was reading a novel or a biography of some sort. You have answered the questions well, and I believe you have matured since your last application.

My issue is although you might have the qualities for a staff member, I'm unsure of whether you have the time or the commitment as of yet to do so.

Like others, I haven't seen you on much, and it seems as though you have been on once every couple of days for only an hour, and as far as I can tell, you posted this application and then didn't touch the server for the entire weekend.

Of course, I wouldn't expect someone to be on every single day, but I feel as though you could be taking on feedback in which others have mentioned and improving on your server presence, which you aren't doing and this is where my commitment issue lies. Furthermore, your last application was denied due to the lack of community presence, and it seems as though you haven't had an improvement since then.

My other concerns were related to your warnings/blacklists and forum activity, which have been mentioned above so I won't repeat what's already been said.

At this stage, as much as I think you're ready for staff in terms of maturity and expertise, I just can't confidently endorse you for the role, although, I would be happy to change my opinion if I see activity improve.

I wish you the best of luck with your application.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, it is going to be a -1 from me.

I personally do not know who you are or recall having any interactions with you in-game, which is the main reason for giving you a -1.

The application that you have written is good and well thought out; however I think you could have a little more forum activity and should actively work on that like others have suggested.

It is good to see that you do not have any recent warnings which shows that you have learned from previous mistakes and have taken the time to get to fully understand the rules.

Good luck to you though,

Mason

• Like 1

-1, unfortunately this application lacks detail into why you hold qualities into being a staff member. It severely lacks any justification of any qualities that are essential to being a productive staff member. You openly admit to insulting the entire staff team and I quote “Something I've noticed unanimously across all of these admins/moderators, is that they take each situation with no consideration for the events around it.”

Perhaps these are your thoughts, however I would suggest keeping this out of your applicaton as insulting and criticising the team in which you will work alongside (and these staff will be your senior mentors moreso), is what I see puts a bad taste in my mouth personally.

Furthermore this quote “a lot of my warns are just from dumb kids at 3am that take the game seriously”, almost seems like a justification for breaking the rules. The rules always apply even for staff, and you must uphold the rules at all times regardless if you don’t believe the should be in place for that moment.

All the best for your application nonetheless! :)

Honestly had unfortunately l don't know you as much as would like to, and as well as most of the feedback you have received isn't looking so good for you, the warns you have received recently displays that don't how roleplaying works and just how not to get in trouble, also that you app is full of words and details but as l read through it, it doesn't really display much towards you being apart of the staff team. 200.gif

mate just try to improve your position and become more aware on what it takes to become a admin, also dont lose hope on becoming a staff member use all the information that is given to you as well as the tutorial on righting a staff app and just think up of better ideas and just don't make the app real lengthy try to create inspiring sentences tht people will enjoy reading

[iSPOILER]from Ruby Bartosh[/iSPOILER]

[JUSTIFY]DENIED

Although it hurts me to deny you, I am forced to do so due to your inactivity; your forum, discord and in-game activity are terrible:

Let's start with your FORUM ACTIVITY; your last post before applying was on October 15th, which says a lot. I want my future staff or any applicants to stay active on the forums as it is part of their quota and shouldn't be that difficult, to be honest, so please work on that anytime you can.

1668082369238.thumb.png.6b1fea02a345f9f84cb3970f3b5d2b25.png

Although your DISCORD ACTIVITY isn't the worst, it isn't consistent, but don't worry, this shouldn't be too difficult to improve; just try to engage in conversation with the community whenever you can or provide feedback on the server, for example.

1668082895533.thumb.png.374d68978cf6e172d682da0845652301.png

Last but not least, based on the screenshot below, your IN-GAME ACTIVITY isn't the best whatsoever, I know it's not the absolute worst but consistency is very important and most of the -1 on the replies state that they have never interacted with you so you could work on that by getting on and engaging with the community through OOC chat or increasing your presence among staff members by making tickets and reporting rulebreakers.

1668083605515.png.4571c9083a27c340963c83ae0e314ff9.png

Important Note: Please do not misinterpret this and instead use it as constructive criticism; you are a very good person and the staff team respects you; work on the inactivity and I am confident you will be accepted very soon; do not give up in any way and refer to the feedback and -1 provided by myself and the community.[/JUSTIFY]

• Like 1