Update Prop Whitelist

Vodka Lara

What category does this suggestion apply to?:

Ingame / Forums

Details/Information about your suggestion:

Currently, the prop whitelist is *restrictive* to a certain degree, props seemingly blacklisted for little reason, especially the plastic props. Other notable examples being the hotdog, hamburger, skull, all that small stuff.

With the removal of the wire_button_model exploit, build's have lost certain elements of creativity. (Such as the gun shops with guns on the racks, banks with fake printers along the walls), which updating the whitelist to introduce more decoration props can somewhat fix.

I suggest introducing a forum thread where players can paste the prop ID to be added to the whitelist. (A lot of effort)

OR

I suggest bringing back the wire_button_model feature and introducing some rules surrounding it, such as abusing it will be met with a toolgun blacklist, since only trusted/donator's can use it anyways. (Very little effort, and way easier to manage)

How do you think this will benefit the community?:

A new level of creativity to the roleplay side of builds, aswell as being able to create builds with props never seen before.

All we want is the wire model exploit back, It seems stupid that it was fully taken away after one or two people abused when there is an extremely easy way to handle it without punishing all of us. If you abuse it, you lose wire privileges, easy fixed.

The rp opportunities provided by the exploit vastly outweigh the abuse, tickets are already made for prop abuse so there is no legitimate reason I can think of for not giving back the exploit. If the staff team is up for it, I'd like to hear why removing arguably one of the best additions to building is a better solve than the prop/toolgun blacklists already handed out to abusers

Edited by Mythic_Gears
  • Like 2

We work with a whitelist rather then a blacklist; also the wire_button was completely unintended however we kept it in because people enjoyed it. It got to a point where it was being abused daily by multiple people, hence its removal. If you'd like some props to be whitelisted please make a list and we'll add it, as it may have not been added to the whitelist.

We work with a whitelist rather then a blacklist; also the wire_button was completely unintended however we kept it in because people enjoyed it. It got to a point where it was being abused daily by multiple people, hence its removal. If you'd like some props to be whitelisted please make a list and we'll add it, as it may have not been added to the whitelist.

So we can request the models we used with the wire model thing? If it's an entity in game, we need a model of it. I miss gunstores with models of the guns and cool shit like that

That’s why we should set out some rules for it and punish the rule breakers, Instead of punishing the whole community.

Rules like the ones that already exist, with punishments that already exist, like toolgun blacklists. It seems like getting specific props whitelisted is way way more effort and work then just letting us use the wire model exploit. Everything is in place to punish abusers, we just need the wire model back

• Like 1

Rules like the ones that already exist, with punishments that already exist, like toolgun blacklists. It seems like getting specific props whitelisted is way way more effort and work then just letting us use the wire model exploit. Everything is in place to punish abusers, we just need the wire model back

Couldn’t agree more, i find it interesting that even though the tool is restricted to trusted and donator that people still abuse it and ruin it for everyone else. A possible solution would be to make the punishment more severe as a deterrent.

Couldn’t agree more, i find it interesting that even though the tool is restricted to trusted and donator that people still abuse it and ruin it for everyone else. A possible solution would be to make the punishment more severe as a deterrent.

ive given glitch a heap of models id like whitelisted so lets see what happens. adding specific models seems like so much more work than simply wire blacklisting people who abuse it

list has been given to keenu as ive heard nothing from glitch since giving him the list

Edited by Mythic_Gears

• 1 month later...