Suicide abuse

Augusto

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other): other

Details/Information about your suggestion: Having a 30-60 second timer to respawn after suiciding.

How do you think this will benefit the server?: It would prevent people from suiciding during rp by making them wait as a repercussion. Of course sometimes suiciding is useful such as when you get stuck in a prop but most of the time that can be gotten out of easily, suiciding is used a lot for avoiding a hit being taken, kidnapping, a mugging or to avoid arrest. Sometimes people just suicide to regain health but having a timer would encourage medics as people would no longer be able to instantly regain health at the press of a button. To my knowledge suiciding can and has caused a lot of admin sits and it would be good to implement some way of stopping them from happening to allow admins to focus on other things. I'm honestly not sure why suicide isnt disabled as it mostly does more harm than good.

Links: N/A

• Like 1

I don't see how suiciding could be abused? The server has correct ways to keep people forced into roleplay, example when cuffed, tased, restrained. The suiciding ability I would rarely see abused and if so, depending on what situation it would be FRP which can be solved with a admin ticket.

At first I was inclined to agree with this but there are a few issues that could arise.

As Krobby said, suiciding in RP situations is FailRP which becomes an admin situation. It’s counter intuitive to add the 30-60s timer since a staff member would actually have to wait for them respawn (unless they use force respawn). Pretty much doubling the time it would take to handle the ticket.

If a player is in a situation where they have no choice but to suicide (stuck without staff online for example), they have to now wait a timer before getting to initiate roleplay again.

This backs onto late night, where a lot of prop blockers will trap players who generally rely on suicide to get out of their mess. If the timer is incrementive, then that might create more issues.

If a player is suiciding to reset their health, it’s not that bad as long as they’re not in an active RP situation. If you have to play on 10% health just because a medic isn’t online, your chances of successfully defending a raid for example will be much lower.

• 6 months later...