Serial Killer Role

Ragnar

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other): Addon

Details/Information about your suggestion: Before you downvote hear me out! I'm not proposing another RDM role! I'm proposing a way to incorporate a role that could work exceptionally well with several other roles and a role that is very easily implemented and enforced!

First of all this role would only be accessible by Trusted, so only the best of this communities players may play this role and introduce some darker roleplay!

The serial killer would not be allowed to use any weapons apart from there spawned in one (Maybe a special knife, axe machete something!)

The serial Killer could only kill in areas where there is no more than 2 witnesses, and every 20 minutes.

Now, here's the fun part! when killed by the serial killer some kind of indication of the murder occurring would be at the place of death for say, 30 minutes. If a detective interacts with this indication of murder they would have access to a combat log of sorts that shows the time of death and the positioning of the killer (staff will know what I'm talking about). Using this the detectives would begin building a case and eventually catching this killer!

Now I'm not saying only detectives can catch them! if a killer is sloppy enough anyone could! But the detectives would have the functions and ability's too!

How do you think this will benefit the server?: I believe by restricting the Role to only Trusted players this will ensure that players aren't using this to RDM and will infact use it to further the roleplay of others!, furthermore Radio hosts, the gov and other citizens could begin talking about the killings and start to get the whole server involved in the fun.

Finally it will hopefully revitalise an under utilised role within the PD being Detectives!

Through only allowing Trusted members to use this role, and restricting the killings to a 20 minute cooldown ontop of them only be able to use there spawned in weapon this can become a very unique role to the server and promote more organic roleplay

Cool concept but I’m not sure it could practically work out

Do you have any actual counter measures that could be enforced?

If a serial killer is caught, what repercussion do they have other than getting arrested?

Should they have a temporary citizen cooldown similar to a hitman dying to their own target? Should they be suffer from heavy charges depending on the amount of casualties they caused?

Sure the idea might be fun, but I can imagine people will get agitated because they happen to base in a serial killer location and get killed for a roleplay purpose that provides nothing on their end.

Cool concept but I’m not sure it could practically work out

Do you have any actual counter measures that could be enforced?

If a serial killer is caught, what repercussion do they have other than getting arrested?

Should they have a temporary citizen cooldown similar to a hitman dying to their own target? Should they be suffer from heavy charges depending on the amount of casualties they caused?

Sure the idea might be fun, but I can imagine people will get agitated because they happen to base in a serial killer location and get killed for a roleplay purpose that provides nothing on their end.

maybe if they're caught its a longer jail time then normal

I think this would be better as an occasional (pd) event, or the one rdmer who rps.

I have a few issues with serial killer being a job:

- If it's a job does that mean detectives can metagame by looking at tab menu / at them?

- we already have 2 rdm roles to annoy the server

- the whole look for clues / logs detective thing is fun, and I think it would be better if it was integrated everywhere rather than for one job (investigating murders by hitmen etc) [suggestion suggestion 😳]

I agree with the part that detectives need more practical use, however I think that this job would be more of a pest than it's worth. Would rather this for events as stated at the beginning.

• 4 weeks later...