Self defence should not count as assault or murder

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Discord, Forums, Other):

In-game

Details/Information about your suggestion:

When I'm a cop I constantly feel bad for the people that I have to arrest for self defence. If I'm trying to arrest someone that's hitting them, It takes a while because of the really bad taser range. In these cases it often leads to the person that's being assaulted pulling out a gun and shooting. Then I have to arrest them. I feel like its unfair because that person doesn't have a choice. If not, maybe reduce the jail time and give their gun back.

How do you think this will benefit the community?: I think it will benefit the community by reducing the frustration of losing your gun because you had to defend yourself.

• Like 1

It's just that what we're they supposed to do? Sit there and die?

I guess the idea would be to run towards law enforcement or to talk to the person assaulting you trying to get them to stop. Correct me if I’m wrong but the only time this applies is during rp situations and not rdm/fail rp incidents

It's just that what we're they supposed to do? Sit there and die?

No, they run away unless being fired at. The self defender must abide by all laws even in the real world. Only in court cases they are not found guilty for self defence.

I guess the idea would be to run towards law enforcement or to talk to the person assaulting you trying to get them to stop. Correct me if I’m wrong but the only time this applies is during rp situations and not rdm/fail rp incidents

Rdm Situations happen alot more than you might think; there's a lot of people with knives and they can kill in one if not 2 hits. You barely have any time and you cant escape someone punching you.

Rdm Situations happen alot more than you might think; there's a lot of people with knives and they can kill in one if not 2 hits. You barely have any time and you cant escape someone punching you.

They wouldn't be rdming with a knife, they would hitman

If rdm is happening a lot to you, I would recommend reporting that to an admin because that’s not the sort of attitude the server promotes

Killing someone is always illegal, it goes by the default laws. Any sort of Murder or Assault is a criminal offence. For example, in real life: If Police arrived on a murder scene and someone is getting assaulted (Punched, etc.) and they killed the assaulter, the police wouldn't just leave them be, they would be arrested and sentenced to jail. It just is not realistic, sorry.

• 2 months later...

Reviewed

Unfortunately, your suggestion will not be implemented due to the fact that it is still murder and it is against the Default Laws despite any situation. As stated above, if you were getting RDMed or see anyone else get RDMed unintentionally, you should call a staff member and shouldn't worry about taking matters into yourself. Hope this helps, thank you!