Seagulls Staff application.

seagulll

before you continue, please understand that i know i have a lot of warns and i understand that it will affect my application but hey you miss every shot you dont take, i joined the server with only trolling in mind for a long time but I have seriously come to enjoy the community and the people within it, I believe if you ask almost anyone that ive interacted with youll find that i really have made a big turn around with my behaviour.

Steam Community Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/sovietseagull/

SteamID: 76561198887168189

Discord User#: seagull#7277

RP Name: seagull

Country/Time Zone: Australia <strong>🇦🇺</strong>

Do you have a working Microphone?:

Yep!

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot):

1669558479675.thumb.png.3e88a9fc7c02bae4be354a95ac7225fa.png

sorry this is an old screenshot from the 20th of November, i don't have access to my computer as I am writing this, I have played since the screenshot so I am sure the time has gone up a few hours, maybe even a day.

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot):

1669558634181.thumb.png.56f4f52a9b55be702bac4e760609d42b.png

I have 20 warns, it has been 37 days since My last one.

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot):

!!Please refer to the screenshot above!!

I believe I have 5 Blacklists between prop spam and rdm.

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples):

No gmod staff experience, yet.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?:

I love playing on this server, I'll always try to help out where I can whether it be in chat or just with RP situations, I've become very familiar with the rules after all of my warns, I'm as active as I can be on the server and discord, although not a whole lot on the forums as I don't use forums in general at all besides this one so I'm not exactly sure how to use it, I personally think I'm well known in the community and I'm always making friends in the server in the most bizarre situations,.

I understand the server can be absolutely chaos at times and I think there needs to be people there to stop the bad eggs for ruining it for everyone else.

I believe i am completely capable to follow the rules and guidelines on this server.

I want to deal with difficult players on this server, whether it be from them trolling Or if there is a messy situation that just needs clarification.

I've played on so many DarkRP servers before and I am 100% sure this is the one I am going to be on from now on.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples):

I've been on several backstage teams for theatre productions (sorry, cringe I know)

Backstage teams require a lot of teamwork and coordination to be able to smoothly and keep things running all without anyone noticing that it's happening at all, I know this has nothing to do with a gmod server at all but i hope you can tell it shows I can smoothly fit into a team like clockwork, and that I am able to work independently within a group and with the team as a whole.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?:

I'm always open for a laugh, I love chatting shit and making friends so I hope I can be a good friend to everyone on the staff team!

I'm willing to do what needs to be done, if that means that I need to take extra sits so another admin can just play the game for a bit then that's what I'll do

I'm not a tight ass, people break rules sometimes whether it's on purpose or an accident, I believe instead of just dealing with sits like a robot I can instead use them to educate players and help them make better decisions so that they can have a good time on the server without it being at the expense of someone else

Ive said this before but i think it applies here too. I used to just be a troll, hopping on the server for a quick blast of mayhem, I know there are other people like that who still join the server now and then, I'm hoping that I'll be able to deal with these people and maybe show them that if they got to know the people on the server like I did they could have such a better and more enjoyable time all around

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?:

Yes

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?:

Yes

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?:

Yes

EXTRA TIDBITS BY SEAGULL

Thanks for reading my application, writing isn't my strong suit but I did put real effort into this application, if any staff needs clarification on anything I've written here to decide the outcome of my application please feel free to message me on the discord listed on the application

As i am wanting to +1 you have 10 softbans (Most of them being months ago) as well as 5 blacklists.

You are a well known person to the Community also being funny.

This app is very detailed and you put lots of effort in,

But im sorry its going to be a -1 for me

Goodluck seagull!!!!

• Like 1

Look, you're a great guy seagull, I see you around all the time and I've had a lot of positive interactions with you. When I look at staff applications, I create a tally of positives and negatives to decide on my vote, and as much as I hate to say it, there are too many negatives here.

Firstly, your application is well written and it is clear to me that you have put effort into it, however, seeing the recent warnings and blacklists, I would love to see more detail as it can almost act as a lifeline to show your improvement and dedication towards following rules and showing the qualities needed as a staff member. You provide some great points in there, but there just needs to be a little more.

Secondly, which has already been mentioned above, your warnings/blacklists are a concern. I understand people can change so I can look past the warnings from months ago, however, the 96H blacklist for MRDM and RDM in a sit is a huge worry. This sort of punishment isn't light, and being only a month ago shows me that either you don't fully know the rules yet, or there's only been a short period in which you have decided to change your attitude towards the server. I believe the attitude change is the case, which means personally I think you need to wait a little longer before applying for the position, or maybe trying for the trusted role first to prove that you're on the right track.

Lastly, which is minor but needs improvement, the forums and Discord activity. If you like, I'm happy to jump on a Discord call with you sometime and run through how the forums work to get a better understanding of how to make posts and whatnot, but overall, both areas need improvement as it helps to create positive exposure within the community.

I have a lot of respect for you, though, I think it's just a little too early for this application, however, I wish you the best of luck and I do hope to see you part of the team at some point in the future!

• Like 2

You have a total of 105 days worth of bans (and 1 hour on top of that) in addition to a literal shitload of blacklists I do not think there is any realistic chance of you ever getting mod on this server because of this fact.

I have nothing against you and I think you are a great and active player (currently), however, due to the sheer amount of bans/blacklists it will be a -1 from me.

Try applying for trusted first and see what the community/admins think of that before applying for staff again. I would personally give you a +1 on trusted because it has been 37 days since your last warn on the server and I have seen you on the server consistently. I do not think you are quite ready for staff yet.

Wish you the best luck for later man.

• Like 1

Seagull, i know who you are and i know what its like to have a bad warn reputation, (Myself having 36 warnings (Perma ban, 1yearban ect.)

But i fell some of your warns are to recent, Your application is Pretty good, and your activity is alright, i belive that you can and will some day in the future become staff but i do not think it will be now. I think you should get more reconised in the community, (You are already but nice to be known by a lot of people) and have a couple more months not getting bans/warns then i suggest make another application to see how we respond. from tehre you woudl either get staff or more feedback to work on.

Just remember it is possible.

Best of luck: Wallaby <3

• Like 1

Listen, seagull you are a really cool guy to play with and as much as I want to plus one you, unfortunately, I just think that you have too many harsh warnings that are somewhat recent, I also believe that it is a little too early to apply because of this. I recommend waiting a bit longer before trying to obtain a staff position, using that time to prove that you are worthy of receiving a rank. Goodluck seagull

- ZomZie <3

• Like 1

seagull I love you but what the fuck? Did you honestly think staff was a good idea??? Your warns are ass, and your playtime doesn’t help atleast wallaby has been on the server forever and he hasn’t gotten a warn in over six months.

Seagull just go for trusted bro staff is too much man I reckon you should wait another few months or whatever it’s just way too soon man.

• Like 1

Hey Seagull,

Its gonna be a -1 from me,

To start off your a good guy but i feel as if you are not suitable for this role yet. The application itself is actually quite nice, very well written, many great factors in there aswell. But the negatives do outweigh the positives within this application. You have very little forum and discord activity. You have a lot of warns, i understand you have some good distance from them but because there is so many it is concerning, Id reccommend maybe reapplying in 1-2 months as id really love to see an even bigger distance from those.

You have almost the bare minimum playtime required, i understand you have a day over this but i like to see a little over a week when deciding my vote.

Id reccommend gaining some more activity outside of the server as well as within, by responding to threads, applications, chatting within the discord servers and just being apart of the community as a whole.

i dont doubt you have some qualities id like to see on the team, but as of right now you are not fit for this role.

Best of luck, dont be discouraged if you dont get it the first time around.

• Like 1

There's not much to say that hasn't already been said, improve on your attitude and wait a bit longer as your warnings are too recent to be a staff member. I understand that people can change and I do believe that you can, but it takes time and trust to be gained by the staff team to be added.

Nicely written application but could be added detail.

Try applying for trusted first as a step closer to staff.

Zoe

• Like 1