SteamID:

Discord User#:

seagull#7277

RP Name:

seagull the truthful

User rank:

trusted (donator expiring to trusted)

Do you have a working Microphone?:

yes, and whenever i'm online I always use it.

What is your server time? (Post a screenshot):

1674830446484.png.6370552a2dec18f872cc5a031c257d05.png

2 weeks 14 hours

What are your active days/times on the server?

from Monday to Friday nights around 10pm to 1 or 2am.

on weekends I am on usually a little earlier than that, around 6 or 7pm.

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot):

1674830959066.thumb.png.05fa97872d3a2a84fc45a44513cdd38b.png

i have 21 warns and 10? soft bans

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot):

please refer to the image above.

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples):

I do not have any garry's mod admin experience, I do however have experience moderating a medium sized Minecraft server of around 30 people during the 2020 lockdowns, during which I managed toxic players, suspected cheaters and general moderation.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?:

I believe that I deserve this staffing position because I am dedicated to the server and its community. I help others and ensure that everyone has a positive and enjoyable time on the server. I am committed to following the rules of the server, and I am willing to put in the time and effort to ensure that the server is an enjoyable place for all players. I believe that my dedication, determination and willingness to help others make me a strong candidate for this staffing position

i have applied for staff a few times already as I am dedicated to the server and I feel with a staff position I can improve the community by creating a recognizable face on the staff team while also dealing with difficult people.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples):

I work at a local grocery store as a janitor, I have worked with a team of coworkers in order to maintain a clean and organized store. One specific example of teamwork is when we were preparing for a store-wide inventory check before the state managers came in to check our stores performance, We all had different tasks to complete, but we worked together to ensure that everything ran smoothly and efficiently, our team's hard work paid off and the inventory check went smoothly ranking us one of the best stores in the state, This has shown me the importance of communication and collaboration in order to reach goals as a team.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?:

I am always making friends on the server, which makes me a friendly face for a lot of players, this would make staff sits much easier as players don't want to deal with a random admin they don't know, instead I can deal with troublemakers in a friendly, but serious manner I am fair and unbiased and I can handle difficult situations with a professional tone. which hopefully can ensure players find the server more enjoyable, preventing them from becoming repeat offenders and eventually becoming regular players who also provide a good RP experience.

Adding to this I would be very dedicated to being a member of staff as I have shown It is something I want to be involved with due to my many staff applications.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?:

I agree to only use the powers given in an appropriate and sensible manner.

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?:

yes I understand that misuse of the powers given will result in them being stripped completely.

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?:

yes I agree to follow the expectations set by staff, i understand being staff is a serious role and i will do my best to meet the expectations given to me, I understand that if I were to not follow the expectations given I would have my role removed.

EXTRA BITS

i understand i have a lot of previous warns, but please do not judge me based on them as i have become a better member of the orbital community since then, i would hope most of you would agree too.

looking forward to reading all of your +1s and -1s

signed, seagull.

1674830818565.png.552ff3be9675e07e558981fd28b3be27.png

• Haha 1

+1

I think seagull is very deserving of staff and as some other admin said, he is persistent which to me, with all the writing to contain new info and such, is good, it doesn't seem like just wanting power, it seems like genuine interest in helping people, like he's always done. The warn history is definitely not good and i think he should've waited longer (like another month, probably), and i think he may need a little more/extra training and observation before being allowed to freely take sits, if he passes the app, mainly due to him usually being pretty lenient and patient with people who do the wrong thing

Seagull is one of the greats in this server, he is always surprising me with his humor and excellent social skill, he hasn't received any warns this year which shoes he has changed a lot over the time he's spent on the server and it really does reflect on the person he is today, I would love to see him in a staffing position and that's why i will be giving seagull a massive +1

I'm still not confident with you being staff just because of how immature you are, you still consistently whine about not having it and joking about it which I just cannot see as a good trait in a staff member. Whilst you might help others in game I've seen multiple instances of shady shit, such as writing ban appeals for other players. I do not believe you show great qualities to be a staff member because of this.

Good luck man

- Osama

• Like 1

Seagull, I honestly don't know where to start with this application once again. I'll start with the obvious as from what I have seen. Once your last application was denied LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AGO so once again you have not waited the stipulated time to re-apply. 1/2 of your application was copied and pasted from your last thread. I haven't seen you on a whole lot recently so I cannot vouch for your supposed character development, nor do I believe has it been given enough time to change and prove itself.

Seagull you are a fantastic member of the community, and there's no doubt about it. If you truly believe that you are fit for staff simply prove to us that you are capable of being a professional, outstanding pillar within the community, and don't just prove it to us, prove it to the community as a whole. Instead of re-applying immidiately after being denied, take some time, connect within the community and strive to develop fantastic interpersonal skills that can also be used in your day-to-day life outside of the server. The lack of professionalism seen within the past week alone has left a distasteful feeling in my metaphorical mouth about your conduct and capabilities of being a staff member.

I wish you all the best nonetheless! :)

I will not be commenting on the written application nor your character. You have failed to comply with the application cooldown rule of 2 weeks making this application entirely invalid. Your denial date was the 16th of January (see Reference below).

No assessment nor feedback should be provided in my opinion for when an applicant for staff fails to even comply with the rule of application cooldowns.

I look forward to seeing your next application in 2 weeks and thank you for the time taken to apply for the role.

Reference: https://forums.orbitalservers.gg/threads/seagulls-staff-app.2702/post-19517

• Like 1

I will make this short and simple.

Didn't wait two weeks after having your previous application denied.

Not much else to say here, I will leave everything else for your next application (If you delete this application like your other ones I will -1 every app you make for trying to exploit a loophole).

Better luck next time

Sincerely,

Fetus Milkshake

Edited by Fetus Milkshake
  • Like 1

Evening Seagull,

I haven't had the most interactions with you over the past 2 weeks upon somewhat re-joining staff, however I can still recall seeing you on the server and having a conversation with you every now and again. From my viewing of your interactions with the community, I can certainly see that you try to maintain a very friendly and fun character to be around, however there are a couple things I wish to note down also.

Firstly, I have noticed you have been AFKing quite a fair bit recently, in fact I have seen you AFK more than I have seen you actively playing. I'm assuming this is to boost your server time so it looks better on your application, however time on the server does not matter if you are not even there to engage with the community.

Additionally, when you are AFK, I have noticed you often set up a base on main street specifically to AFK, often having signs out the front of or in your base saying how you 'beat the allegations,' seeking amusement out of escaping a warn through an appeal.

I understand that you are determined and entertained by the idea of becoming staff and helping benefit the community, however I have not seen you actively portray staffing traits in your time on the server - mostly because you're always AFK. This could easily be fixed by playing more and helping other players.

Furthermore, I believe that even if you do happen to get staff, that you would appear to be a decent staff member at first, but I feel like you may stray from the punishments a bit and/or show bias - purely based off of your portrayed personality that I have seen so far.

Given the above reasons, I feel I must give you a negative reply on your application. Until you interact more with the community (and stop AFKing so much), as well as prove to be a genuine and helpful member of the community, through interactions in discord, OOC and in-game, my reply will remain the same. -1

• Like 1

I know at this point i am shouting into the void at this point, but if we were to ignore the 2 week cooldown violation, i think seagull is genuinely deserving of staff, perhaps in the next staff application.

Now the application isn't overly detailed, but it's clear to me that he genuinely cares about the role that he is applying for, and on the server, he constantly reminds me of how much he wants this role, and how he genuinely cares about helping people and making the server a better place, which i believe he has more than explained in the application.

I would like to add that many -1's that have been given are through his old character, and while he can be pretty immature at times and sometimes go a bit too far, he has thoroughly improved his character over the last couple months and has clearly shown that he has the potential to learn from mistakes and constantly improve during his time as an admin.

One more thing however, his tolerance towards new players is slightly over the top, which is one of the main reasons he gets such a bad wrap.

I will be giving you a +1, i know this wont change much, but i would love to see you apply again while also remaining on the server to improve for just a while longer. Please dont rush to make another, i can guarantee that player feedback will be a lot more different if you dont. You are a very awesome guy, and i want the server to see that.

Sincerely,

Walterburg

• Like 1

I have changed my mind,

All of the staff have noticed you, all Negative 1ing you, but i think its time we give you a chance ,

To me you have shown dedication to the server, even if you have deleted your staff apps, and pissed of staff with your overreacting to bans and warns, you have come back again and again. Nothing is putting you off orbital always joining no matter what people say or do to you, you always come back so i think its finally time for us to give you a chance.

So i guess its a +1