Rob Kelly's Staff Application

Steam Community Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199021050560/

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:530392416

Discord User#: Zytex#6165

Country/Time Zone: Australia/EST

Do you have a working Microphone?: Yes i have a yeti nano that works quite well

What is your gametime? 2w 6d 19h (Now 3w 10h)

GarrysModScreenshot2021_10.09-01_16_15_20.thumb.png.6834b55eee25957c5a715955e3edf44d.png

How many warnings do you have? 1

GarrysModScreenshot2021_09.04-16_58_37_96.thumb.png.e3d32614616750914a9866bcb2a10264.png

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? 0

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? I have had many past staffing experiences on many different servers and games including a lot of minecraft servers including a server called Extremecraft with a big player base for 6 months achieving the senior admin role (2017), Minerverse achieving admin role (2017), Minerave achieving senior moderator (2017), Grandrp achieving senior mod role (2018), and a few other gmod darkrp servers i can't remember the name too but there was 2 i became snr mod and admin on in 2019, Aswell as moderator on the orbital swrp server for a week. Even with all this experience I still know I can become a better staff member and grow still.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?: I believe I deserve this staffing position as I am friendly, active, helpful and always follow the rules and have shown this over most of my nearly 3 weeks gametime. I have been playing this server for a while and have seen all sides of it and believe I could be more helpful as a staff member helping players and taking tickets. If I get this rank I will make sure I do everything to the best of my ability and help the server as much as I can. Aswell as recently alot of staff have stepped down and there arnt as many staff members are there should be and i belive i could be alot more helpful to the community as a staff member.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples): As well as all my other staffing experiences I also work as a commercial fisherman in the ocean and that requires a lot of teamwork and requires you to trust your team with your life as well. I also worked in a pizza store for 2 years and was always working as a team.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?: The qualities I will bring to the staff team consist of always being active, helpful, not losing my cool towards other staff and players, being able to communicate properly and being thorough and efficient at handling conflicts within the server. I'm always respectful of others' opinions and take all evidence towards my decisions, I am also never biased towards a certain player or party, and I am also very active within the discord and forums.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?:

I agree

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?:

I agree

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?:

I agree

Edited by Roberto Kelly
  • Like 2

Personally i think Rob Kelly would be a really good staff member with being so nice and helpful to people who just joined or have been her for a long time and for that i think he would be perfect fit for the orbital gmod server and hope to see him on the staff team soon. +1

Love, Lil Kitty

Hey mate

You've been around for awhile, for about as long as I can remember.

This isn't the reason ill be +1ing this app though.

You've had a few attempts at getting staff, each time, you took the advice the members of the community gave you.

I think I recall telling you to wait, as you were applying for too many roles?

Anyways, you have definitely let it settle a bit.. which is great.

Your playtime is good, you understand the rules well, you have previous staffing experience, you seem dedicated to the server, forum and discord activity is good and your application is well written..

Theres no reason why I shouldn't +1

I would like to see a bit more effort put into the app, maybe writing a few more lines, other than that it all good.

Good luck with your application!

Hey,

You are a great guy, and conduct yourself in a positive way all the time. Although I don't get on the DarkRP much anymore, I know that you'd be a great staff member. (Plus you have honored me in your name so I'm sorta obliged to say yes to this).

+1 from me :)

Hey Mate,

As stated by the comments above me, you have made a great improvement in every area of the community by taking notes and advice, and following through with them. You have been extremely dedicated to the server, PD included (- Well done by the way). You are on quite a lot every day, including times that some staff are not able to join, which is good for hours where there are many minges. You have actively demonstrated that you are determined to do your best in every way you can, and have great leadership skills as proven with your Commissioner role in PD. I will certainly give a +1, as you are well deserving of a shot at being staff. Good luck, I hope the best for your application.

Hey Rob,

First off, only 1 warn with 3 weeks game-time is godly work, well done! I have to say, I feel you have definitely proven yourself as deserving of the rank of staff through your extreme level of dedication to the server and the community. You're extremely active, and not just in-game, but in the discord and forums too. Of the times I have seen you on the server, you always socialize with people, role-play well, and have proven to show that you are very familiar with the rules.

Another aspect that definitely supports you in this application, is your work as commissioner. You show a-lot of positive characteristics in this role, such as great leadership/communication skills, ensuring everyone feels involved, as well as showing an ability to listen to others, take responsibility, and show great patience and maturity. From what I have seen, commissioner can be hard work, especially when events don't go according to plan, or certain officers refuse to cooperate/ just minge around, and you still manage to remain calm and deal with the situation. All of those characteristics are what I consider a requirement for a staff member to have, and you have clearly proven to have these traits.

There is one thing I feel I do have to mention though. You have had (2?) staff applications declined in the past, with most negative comments referring to your resignation from staff on StarwarsRP 1 week after getting it. I myself wasn't around during StarwarsRP time so I don't know how long ago this was or what things were like back then, but, I feel the need to say: please be certain that the role of staff is something that you want, and are willing to remain dedicated to. It sounds like a-lot of people put their trust in you then, and with me hoping that you do get staff now, I, and I'm sure the rest of the community, trust that it won't happen again.

Other than that, I feel you have earned, and have thus proven, that you deserve another chance at a staff role. I think you will make a great addition to the staff team. Here's a +1 from me.

because of this swrp business, I have decided to rewrite my +1 which is staying a +1 for these reasons first rob kelly never got demoted he resigned I also talked to him about the admin abuse situation and he responded with "I only spawned in a tank once because Pedro asked me to" I don't know if everything he said was true or not but from my personal experience with rob kelly I know he deserves a staff position.

gl with your staff app rob <3

Edited by froakie

Guest andrew

Hello, Rob.

To begin with, the comments above demonstrate that you have made significant progress and that you are listening to people's advise to enhance your application. I see you a lot in the server and discord assisting others, and your play-time is excellent with only one warning, so I will give you a +1.

Best of luck with your application.

Hey rob,

I was going to +1 your application until I heard the news on how you left SWRP staff. I feel as though abusing your powers like this causes a bad previous experience within staff community. Being demoted from SWRP then moving to DarkRP to go for staff on there is just not a good plan, I am sorry rob Kelly but with this act on your record makes me feel that this needs to wait so you may prove that you are eligible for this rank. For now, its a -1 from me

Hi Rob, just a few questions

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?:

I agree

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?:

I agree

Regarding this part, I find your agreements to these questions very hard to believe considering your past actions on SWRP. You were given a high rank and you were trusted with the role, however instead of using the rank properly you abused it to your own advantage and for a " Laugh ". At no point would this be allowed within the staff team; we promote a healthy staff environment where all staff are fair and equal. I personally find it quite interesting you decided not to mention your demotion or even the fact you were staff from Starwars RP considering it is not only apart of our community, but also involved with staffing. With all this said, I strongly recommend before applying for roles you are completely honest, its better to own up to it then people finding out.

https://forums.orbitalservers.gg/threads/rob-kellys-imperialrp-staff-app.608/#post-3636

Hi Rob, just a few questions

Regarding this part, I find your agreements to these questions very hard to believe considering your past actions on SWRP. You were given a high rank and you were trusted with the role, however instead of using the rank properly you abused it to your own advantage and for a " Laugh ". At no point would this be allowed within the staff team; we promote a healthy staff environment where all staff are fair and equal. I personally find it quite interesting you decided not to mention your demotion or even the fact you were staff from Starwars RP considering it is not only apart of our community, but also involved with staffing. With all this said, I strongly recommend before applying for roles you are completely honest, its better to own up to it then people finding out.

https://forums.orbitalservers.gg/threads/rob-kellys-imperialrp-staff-app.608/#post-3636

Hi Keenu

My actions on the swrp server were extreamly stupid of me and you are right its definatly not a good quality of a staff member and i assure you and the community i will never take advantage of any role i am intrusted with such as (comm or staff member), as for me being demoted i have no clue where that came from i left about 3 days after the server properly launched and became public as it just wasnt the imperial rp i knew and loved, as for keeping this information a secret its not i forgot to put it in my application and is now fixed and this has been discussed many times before in my last staff application.

DesktopScreenshot2021_10.09-19_07_06_94.png.6238e531d70f24f4a0ec4f0337754106.png

-Rob Kelly

Edited by Roberto Kelly

Hey mate,

I was going to leave you a +1 until i heard about what you did on SWRP as staff, you abused your rank, got demoted and then quickly moved into the DarkRP community again with (maybe) the same intent, I can't really trust someone who's already abused their powers. Therefore i'm going to give you a "-1" because i don't believe that you deserve the privileges to be a Staff member. You have been a lot more active which is awesome.

Good luck on your application.

Edited by PressedCharges

Hey man,

I can see that you abused your powers on SWRP and you moved back to Darkrp because you got demoted i would say, but saying that you would be given T-Mod to see how you behave so i dont see a reason why you shouldn't get a chance if you did anything stupid like abuse your powers someone would report you to pedro and it would be instantly removed. You are a good person and i have played and staffed with you for 3 years and you were pretty good at it but i didn't see you abuse your powers back then. You might have just applied on SWRP just for fun and mess around but when you come to the Darkrp i would say no one will tolerate that kind of stuff but because i want you to get a chance to see you staff again and i really hope you dont abuse your powers im giving a +1

good luck with your app

Aspect

I'm not too sure what has happened in the past in regards to your experience on SWRP, however based on the other replies, this definitely seems like a concerning factor.

With this being said, I'm only going by the experiences I have had with you, your activity throughout the community and what you have written in your application.

Firstly, almost 3 weeks with a single warning that occurred several months ago is impressive. Your activity throughout the Forums, Discord and in-game is great. It definitely seems as though you are dedicating a lot of your time towards the community and this is definitely something that is needed to become a great staff member.

Secondly, you have a lot of staffing experience, throughout Garry's Mod and Minecraft and alongside 3 weeks of in-game knowledge, I believe this is a great quality to have as a staff member. It seems as though you understand what it takes to be a staff member and I believe I can trust you to do the job well if you were to be accepted.

As I mentioned, I don't feel like I can judge or comment on the SWRP situation, however I will say, if you are accepted into the staff team, just make sure you are following your staff guidelines, server rules (as usual) and not abusing your powers.

At this point, I feel comfortable giving you a +1! I wish you all the best with your application!

Hey, so although the SWRP actions seem like a problem I'd say I can trust you in being a mod and you've learnt from your mistakes.

You have hosted several pd events and your role as commissioner shows your ability to lead and act as a role model. You are a good leader and you know how to manage players so that's a good quality. And 1 warn for about 3w playtime is very good, showing your understanding of the rules. In game your are always chill and I personally think you would take sits well.

Like aspect said I believe you deserve another chance and I hope to look see you on the staffing team!

Good luck!

Hey mate, the comments on here so far seem to be quite mixed. It seems there was an issue on the orbital SWRP server. I'm not sure what happened and I don't really need to know.

I do however believe in second chances....

You've been great for the DarkRP server in my eyes. Your work since becoming commissioner has been amazing, keeping incredibly active and hosting events. Based off my experiences with you I think you would make a great staff member. So +1 and good luck.

Half-hearted +1

Despite the stuff that happened on the SWRP server, I believe in second chances and I think you deserve a shot in DarkRP staffing. You are a great Command member and I am hopeful that you can transfer that engagement and motivation to staffing (but don't lose it on Commissioner though, maintain it - I believe in you). In terms of activity, you are very consistent and I always come across you in-game, forums & Discord wise, it is very good and I have no complaints whatsoever. All in all, I believe you deserve it, buddy, please don't mess it up, we believe in you!

• Like 1

Hey Rob, how are you?

Let's address the biggest concern regarding your application.

Despite your past experience on the SWRP server that's all in the past, a lot of the people weren't present at the time during the duration of the SWRP server and have jumped on a band wagon. This response is coming from someone who played on both servers at the time. You've already payed the price for your "abuse of power" and despite all that you're still adamant of joining the DarkRP team even though many people would of left completely if they were put in your situation.

You're one of the longest existing members of the community, you were here well before i had joined the server. I've had the pleasure of interacting with you many times during my time on the server or even in the discord. You've shown your commitment to the server as an acting commander on the PD, always trying to run events for them and trying to constantly improve them as a whole. Your playtime is 2W + on the server with 1 warning and even that warning itself is very minor and happened awhile back. Clearly you're very well versed on the rules of the server.

I'm a strong believer of giving others a second chance, which is why after consideration i will be giving your application a +1 for the fact that i believe that you will be a very fine addition to the staff team. This is a good opportunity for you to redeem yourself in the communities eyes.

All the best with your application. I look forward to seeing the progression of this application.