Report on Ryl for failure to do his job

Straya sniper

Your in game name: Straya Sniper

Time of incident: 6:30 PM

Staff member(s) you are reporting: Ryl

Details of the incident:

Froakie and I were arresting this oil refiner named "ball handler" at the time we had him in custody and dragged him through the street and while doing so "Fokery" another oil refiner sniped him in the face while he was in custody. rdm'ing him and fail rp'ing. We reported the situation to which Ryl took the sit. He teleported fokery and we ended up getting him verbally warned for fail rp while he ignored the rdm and refused to add it. He claimed that those are separate offenses and need to be dealt with separately which was stupid. He then said we cant report rdm on behalf of others despite them being in our custody and in an rp with them. He then returned us to which we made another report regarding to when fokery rdm'd us and continued to attempt rdm after. as well as nlr. However, Ryl didn't comprehend that and was under the impression we were reporting rdm on ball handler when we were reporting rdm on fokery for a separate incident. He then returned us again after refusing to listen.

We then were frustrated and he approached us to which I said "IT'S THE ADMIN THAT DOESN'T DO HIS JOB" he then tp'd me to this upper garden area and said how our sit was about ball handler. "it was not" we were getting mad at this point and explained how we were not talking about ball handler and was talking about fokery rdm'ing us before that. he claimed we were changing the story despite not even hearing us out the first time. Once we got mad at him again for refusing to do anything he teleported us back and never said another word. We believe this is pure laziness and refusal to do his job. After all that he refused to listen and only gave him a verbal warning despite proof below of fokery rdm'ing us and attempting to rdm us as well as breaking NLR multiple times. Fokery didn't learn anything and escaped punishment due to Ryl's actions. Ryl also claimed "we do not have a right to report rdm on someone elses behalf" when we weren't we were reporting on our behalf.

Any evidence (If Any):

proof.png.0bc98c6e9df75c001c42233d661f82ec.png

Screenshot(391).thumb.png.087816350106d7bab6782ba56a1ba009.png

Counter Argument

I will provide counter argument below in green. Italic words are taken directly from above.

Froakie and I were arresting this oil refiner named "ball handler" at the time we had him in custody and dragged him through the street and while doing so "Fokery" another oil refiner sniped him in the face while he was in custody. rdm'ing him and fail rp'ing. We reported the situation to which Ryl took the sit.

The sit was called by you solely and never once in the sit did you mention another victim until Froakie directly inserted himself into the sit by teleporting to me. At this stage, the narrative then became a "we". I am aware now that you were both in a Discord call throughout the incident. Froakie continually interrupted the sit with his opinions on Fokery's wrongdoings and his punishments. To be absolutely frank, this is completely inappropriate and his bias is the primary reason why the rule of not taking your own sits exists.

He teleported fokery and we ended up getting him verbally warned for fail rp while he ignored the rdm and refused to add it.

I stand by the fact that FailRP was the appropriate warn to be given out. Against Froakie's "advice", the situation here is that a fellow fuel refiner ("Fokery") killed another fuel refiner ("ball handler") to prevent them from being arrested.

My understanding (and many staff members' understanding) of RDM is that the right for such an accusation lies with the player that is killed (in this case "ball handler"). If no report is made by the person killed, it is assumed to be consensual and thus no warns/punishments are to be given out. The reason for this is due to the multiple instances that occur every day where friends are killing friends. This in itself does not impact the server's other players and so we allow it.

When it does impact the server, such as the case here, a Fail RP warn is more appropriate as it interrupts ongoing RP. This understanding has not been challenged to date due to the Fail RP warn being more serious, should the offender continue to do it (soft bans instead of weapon blacklists).

He claimed that those are separate offenses and need to be dealt with separately which was stupid.

There is a misunderstanding here regarding the "separate matter". Midway through the sit, you mentioned multiple breaks of NLR by Fokery. This is what I was referring to when it comes to the "separate matter". Fokery's breaking of NLR which you have confessed to occurred multiple times, is a separate matter from the Fail RP warn. From your description, it was an ongoing occurrence which you have failed to report up to the point of the sit.

He then said we cant report rdm on behalf of others despite them being in our custody and in an rp with them.

Refer to the prior understanding regarding reporting "rdm on behalf of others".

I do not know what you mean by "being in our custody and in an rp with them".

He then returned us to which we made another report regarding to when fokery rdm'd us and continued to attempt rdm after. as well as nlr. However, Ryl didn't comprehend that and was under the impression we were reporting rdm on ball handler when we were reporting rdm on fokery for a separate incident. He then returned us again after refusing to listen.

I distinctly and clearly remember that the sit began with the outright accusation that we should now deal with Fokery's RDM of "ball handler".

Based on Straya's previous sentences, about:

- disagreeing with my ruling where I only warned Fokery for FailRP and not RDM, and

- his misunderstanding of the
"separate matter"
regarding Fokery's RDM of "ball handler",

I do
not
doubt my memory in this instance. Froakie has attempted to convince me otherwise and again, my memory in this instance is
very clear
when it comes to the reason for the sit.

We then were frustrated and he approached us to which I said "IT'S THE ADMIN THAT DOESN'T DO HIS JOB" he then tp'd me to this upper garden area and said how our sit was about ball handler.

The teleport was some time after your comment to me after I had time to think and re-assess my prior sits with you. I did not see anything wrong and understood you to be frustrated on why RDM was not added to Fokery's warn in the second sit. My intention was to nicely explain to you my above understanding of RDM and why I elected to warn him for FailRP instead.

"it was not" we were getting mad at this point and explained how we were not talking about ball handler and was talking about fokery rdm'ing us before that.

I assume "we" is used here as Froakie remained in a Discord call with him. In-game, I only brought Straya and there was nobody else present.

he claimed we were changing the story despite not even hearing us out the first time.

The story did change. You have changed it for this post and your spun narrative does not flow coherently.

Once we got mad at him again for refusing to do anything he teleported us back and never said another word. We believe this is pure laziness and refusal to do his job.

Again, I attempted to explain the reasoning for my ruling. You ignored me and continued to:

- change the accusation

- stack on additional accusations that were previously not brought up

- not answer questions when asked (I assume this was because you were in a Discord call though I did not know this at the time).

After all that he refused to listen and only gave him a verbal warning despite proof below of fokery rdm'ing us and attempting to rdm us as well as breaking NLR multiple times.

Again, I would refer you to the above. The RDM against the PD was never brought up until much later when they were unhappy with the warn provided for failRP to Fokery. I reviewed the logs at the time and only saw Fokery's deaths that were numerous. This is definitely an indicator of NLR and at the conclusion of the Fail RP warn I did ask if you wished to address the NLRs. You had all consented to being returned and so I returned all parties.

Fokery didn't learn anything and escaped punishment due to Ryl's actions. Ryl also claimed "we do not have a right to report rdm on someone elses behalf" when we weren't we were reporting on our behalf.

Refer to the above. Below sections are separate to the above.

Personal impressions of the initial sit

From the very start of the sit, the behavior from Straya's side was malicious (for a lack of a better word). Fokery was behaving amicably in the sit and was genuinely confused about the accusations thrown at him indicating to me that there was some sort of miscommunication and/or misunderstanding of the unsaid consent provided by either party.

On the other hand, both you and Froakie were, as mentioned before, malicious in your behavior. Not only did both individuals talk over me numerous times; you were outright laughing at Fokery's confusion as you continued bringing up numerous claims. I believe what occurred here was that Fokery was led on the belief that you and him were having fun battling each other and when it came time, you used this against him.

Exclusion and Review of Froakie

I do not believe it is ethically correct to include Froakie in this matter and propose for a review of his conduct.

He is a staff member and he has already tainted the first sit by directly involving himself and partially taking over the sit. The final decision of the giving Fokery the FailRP warn lies solely with me. I stand by it and I accept full responsibility for this decision.

It should be known and considered for this matter that Froakie has personally attacked me in staff chat after the incident for my decision and while I understand he may be personally friends with "Straya", I do not believe this is an appropriate way to behave especially for a staff member of his rank.

I am calling for a review of his conduct mainly due to my concern that there may be further incidents where he has abused his influence and position on the server in this manner that led to an unjust decision.

I am here to purely respond to the review of me

I do not believe it is ethically correct to include Froakie in this matter

why is it not ethically correct to include me? i did not enter this situation as a staff member i entered it as a victim as i was there when it happened and it affected my rp.

He is a staff member and he has already tainted the first sit by directly involving himself and partially taking over the sit.

like i said above none of my actions taken here was "as a staff member" i entered the sit as a victim to also give my view on things and to clear up any misconceptions that may ocurr. clearly that didn't help and instead made things more complicated as you thought i was trying to take over the sit (which was obviously not my intention).

The final decision of the giving Fokery the FailRP warn lies solely with me. I stand by it and I accept full responsibility for this decision.

i'm just gonna say this now i didn't once disagree with your decision of giving him a failrp warn at first i questioned it but once it was explained to me why you made that decision both me and straya understood and never once brought it up again as we thought it was the correct decision to make.

It should be known and considered for this matter that Froakie has personally attacked me in staff chat after the incident for my decision and while I understand he may be personally friends with "Straya", I do not believe this is an appropriate way to behave especially for a staff member of his rank.

like i stated above i did not "attack" you for the decision you made for the failrp warn i was confused and questioning why you did not take the rdm sit that straya had made, though i do agree that the way i did so was very unprofessional.

also i do not consider myself a "staff member" i do not do any staffing i do not know any of the new rules or guidelines that have been implemented so as such i do not want to be treated as a staff member every action i make is not as a staff member but as me.

due to my concern that there may be further incidents where he has abused his influence and position on the server in this manner that led to an unjust decision.

i'm not sure if you know this but i hop on the server only around 3 times every couple of months to see how the community is going i never take any tickets or concern myself with staffing unless i am the only person on and there are easy sits that don't need the use of the rules or guidelines (since as said above i am not caught up with any of the new ones) only very rarely do i ever take any sit if there is even 1 other staff member on. secondly i have never once used my position or influence to change the outcome of a sit whether it was when i was an active staff member or now and i honestly do not appreciate you throwing out these accusations that i have been because i made a hasty decision when i was pissed that a staff member would not take mine and my friends sit.

Counter Argument

I will provide counter argument below in green. Italic words are taken directly from above.

Froakie and I were arresting this oil refiner named "ball handler" at the time we had him in custody and dragged him through the street and while doing so "Fokery" another oil refiner sniped him in the face while he was in custody. rdm'ing him and fail rp'ing. We reported the situation to which Ryl took the sit.

The sit was called by you solely and never once in the sit did you mention another victim until Froakie directly inserted himself into the sit by teleporting to me. At this stage, the narrative then became a "we". I am aware now that you were both in a Discord call throughout the incident. Froakie continually interrupted the sit with his opinions on Fokery's wrongdoings and his punishments. To be absolutely frank, this is completely inappropriate and his bias is the primary reason why the rule of not taking your own sits exists.

He teleported fokery and we ended up getting him verbally warned for fail rp while he ignored the rdm and refused to add it.

I stand by the fact that FailRP was the appropriate warn to be given out. Against Froakie's "advice", the situation here is that a fellow fuel refiner ("Fokery") killed another fuel refiner ("ball handler") to prevent them from being arrested.

My understanding (and many staff members' understanding) of RDM is that the right for such an accusation lies with the player that is killed (in this case "ball handler"). If no report is made by the person killed, it is assumed to be consensual and thus no warns/punishments are to be given out. The reason for this is due to the multiple instances that occur every day where friends are killing friends. This in itself does not impact the server's other players and so we allow it.

When it does impact the server, such as the case here, a Fail RP warn is more appropriate as it interrupts ongoing RP. This understanding has not been challenged to date due to the Fail RP warn being more serious, should the offender continue to do it (soft bans instead of weapon blacklists).

He claimed that those are separate offenses and need to be dealt with separately which was stupid.

There is a misunderstanding here regarding the "separate matter". Midway through the sit, you mentioned multiple breaks of NLR by Fokery. This is what I was referring to when it comes to the "separate matter". Fokery's breaking of NLR which you have confessed to occurred multiple times, is a separate matter from the Fail RP warn. From your description, it was an ongoing occurrence which you have failed to report up to the point of the sit.

He then said we cant report rdm on behalf of others despite them being in our custody and in an rp with them.

I do not know what you mean by "being in our custody and in an rp with them".

He then returned us to which we made another report regarding to when fokery rdm'd us and continued to attempt rdm after. as well as nlr. However, Ryl didn't comprehend that and was under the impression we were reporting rdm on ball handler when we were reporting rdm on fokery for a separate incident. He then returned us again after refusing to listen.

I distinctly and clearly remember that the sit began with the outright accusation that we should now deal with Fokery's RDM of "ball handler".

- disagreeing with my ruling where I only warned Fokery for FailRP and not RDM, and

"separate matter"

I do
not
doubt my memory in this instance. Froakie has attempted to convince me otherwise and again, my memory in this instance is
very clear

We then were frustrated and he approached us to which I said "IT'S THE ADMIN THAT DOESN'T DO HIS JOB" he then tp'd me to this upper garden area and said how our sit was about ball handler.

The teleport was some time after your comment to me after I had time to think and re-assess my prior sits with you. I did not see anything wrong and understood you to be frustrated on why RDM was not added to Fokery's warn in the second sit. My intention was to nicely explain to you my above understanding of RDM and why I elected to warn him for FailRP instead.

"it was not" we were getting mad at this point and explained how we were not talking about ball handler and was talking about fokery rdm'ing us before that.

I assume "we" is used here as Froakie remained in a Discord call with him. In-game, I only brought Straya and there was nobody else present.

he claimed we were changing the story despite not even hearing us out the first time.

The story did change. You have changed it for this post and your spun narrative does not flow coherently.

Once we got mad at him again for refusing to do anything he teleported us back and never said another word. We believe this is pure laziness and refusal to do his job.

Again, I attempted to explain the reasoning for my ruling. You ignored me and continued to:

- change the accusation

- not answer questions when asked (I assume this was because you were in a Discord call though I did not know this at the time).

After all that he refused to listen and only gave him a verbal warning despite proof below of fokery rdm'ing us and attempting to rdm us as well as breaking NLR multiple times.

Again, I would refer you to the above. The RDM against the PD was never brought up until much later when they were unhappy with the warn provided for failRP to Fokery. I reviewed the logs at the time and only saw Fokery's deaths that were numerous. This is definitely an indicator of NLR and at the conclusion of the Fail RP warn I did ask if you wished to address the NLRs. You had all consented to being returned and so I returned all parties.

Fokery didn't learn anything and escaped punishment due to Ryl's actions. Ryl also claimed "we do not have a right to report rdm on someone elses behalf" when we weren't we were reporting on our behalf.

Refer to the above. Below sections are separate to the above.

From the very start of the sit, the behavior from Straya's side was malicious (for a lack of a better word). Fokery was behaving amicably in the sit and was genuinely confused about the accusations thrown at him indicating to me that there was some sort of miscommunication and/or misunderstanding of the unsaid consent provided by either party.

On the other hand, both you and Froakie were, as mentioned before, malicious in your behavior. Not only did both individuals talk over me numerous times; you were outright laughing at Fokery's confusion as you continued bringing up numerous claims. I believe what occurred here was that Fokery was led on the belief that you and him were having fun battling each other and when it came time, you used this against him.

Exclusion and Review of Froakie

I do not believe it is ethically correct to include Froakie in this matter and propose for a review of his conduct.

He is a staff member and he has already tainted the first sit by directly involving himself and partially taking over the sit. The final decision of the giving Fokery the FailRP warn lies solely with me. I stand by it and I accept full responsibility for this decision.

I am calling for a review of his conduct mainly due to my concern that there may be further incidents where he has abused his influence and position on the server in this manner that led to an unjust decision.

I want to start by defending just me as froakie has already done so and has proved his point. My explanations will be in green like ryls and ryl will be white.

"The sit was called by you solely and never once in the sit did you mention another victim until Froakie directly inserted himself into the sit by teleporting to me. At this stage, the narrative then became a "we". I am aware now that you were both in a Discord call throughout the incident. Froakie continually interrupted the sit with his opinions on Fokery's wrongdoings and his punishments. To be absolutely frank, this is completely inappropriate and his bias is the primary reason why the rule of not taking your own sits exists"

I would like to start off that I did make it clear that Froakie was a part of this and that multiple times I mentioned Froakie and I now this means we were both victims of this RDM and therefore he did not act as an admin but as a victim, I'd also like to mention that Ryl does not use his mic he was typing so I do not understand how we "spoke over you" if you couldn't speak at all. The sit involved both of us and I asked you to bring froakie but I imagine you will deny that.

Although I agree with the punishment handed out in the 1st sit as you mention here. What your failing to understand is this is purely about the 2nd sit. Once you explained that we understood that. This whole situation is only about the second sit the 1st sit was given in the report as context.

Once again we made another sit about the RDM and was going to mention the NLR as this was a separate matter relating to the RDM that fokery did to us. But before we could say that you without saying a word returned us. Then said that we have no right to call rdm. Meaning you lacked the effort to do your duties and assumed we were talking about the 1st sit.

I do not know what you mean by "being in our custody and in an rp with them"

It's actually really easy to understand: Custody meaning within our care and under our authority as we were cops. And in an rp with them. As in we were engaged in a roleplay with them.

"separate matter"

I do
not
very clear

Well it seems you may have dementia as it shows in this screenshot the ticket clearly states. "Fuel refiner rdm'd us"

Not Fokery rdm'd ballhandler. You must not read your tickets. "us" as in Froakie and I. Please don't twist your words.

proof2.png.b14fab147b56cbeefd495c4b5aa2b6d6.png

By some time I believe you mean roughly 12 seconds. Although I couldn't tell your demeanor due to you not having a mic you seemed to not understand we were once again explaining to you that this was not about the 1st sit and about a separate instance with fokery rdm'ing us. So we were understandably going to get frustrated.

Froakie just used !cloak as once again he was a victim of this and I believe I am allowed witnesses and he is allowed a say in a situation he was involved in.

Well by the screenshot showed that debunks that claim and shows you've put a spin on your words.

- change the accusation

Once again we never changed the accusation as shown in the ticket screenshot you also never gave us a chance to tell you the accusations due to you returning us so quickly and we did answer your questions which you still weren't understanding.

We were going to bring up the NLR in the second sit as that was apart of the RDM which you said was a separate issue however once again you never gave us the chance to. At no point in the second sit did I ask you to return us though I assume you once again are talking about the 1st sit which wasn't the issue.

My conclusion: Ryl seems to be retreating to the 1st sit as a way to defend himself and seems to not be mentioning the 2nd sit due to his lack of understanding and did not want to deal with it. He's tried to blame froakie for simply being a victim and has clearly twisted the story as shown by the ticket. As we reported fokery for rdm'ing "us" not ball handler entirely different situation. I imagine he didn't expect us to have the ticket screenshot.

Forgot to mention this. My "malicious" behavior in this sit was more annoyed which is understandable considering my suspect had his head blown off in front of me and fokery was behaving without care. He knew what he did and said anything that got him out of it. Multiple times he admitted to coming back and attempting to kill us which lead to the 2nd sit which you failed to help with. He knew we were not having fun together as we explained to him what he was doing was against the rules before doing the sit. Once again it is impossible for us to talk over you when you do not have a mic you were not speaking words for our ears to hear. We were laughing at fokerys lies not at him or you. Every bit of laughter was simply due to his lies that you chewed up.

Edited by Straya sniper