Rennet Marchiori Staff Application

Renett Marchiori

Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029013739

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:34374005

Discord User#: Andy Randy [_NotSure.x]#6300

Country/Time Zone: AEST +10

Do you have a working Microphone?: Yes

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot):

D97AF237-E173-474E-96E3-5D22DB2AF66C-min.thumb.png.6ac4eaa98be1e1d0896e8f0aa49f0e6d.png

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot):

E4DB9D66-B0F3-4ADE-BA8C-373907E5D310-min.thumb.png.9070dab5eb75ef12e8eee0244faf0459.png

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot):

E4DB9D66-B0F3-4ADE-BA8C-373907E5D310-min.thumb.png.9070dab5eb75ef12e8eee0244faf0459.png

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples):

I was a senior administrator and community manager for a large European community (mainly Minecraft servers). Having a larger part to do with community management rather than administration towards the end, it was my role to ensure server events ran smoothly, forums were maintained, Suggestions & Feedback were filtered through the correct channels (Server staff exceeded 40 from mods, admins, techs, & then the board (owners)). Only reason leaving was due to the servers shutting down after owners had a dispute.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?:

I enjoy orbital. The staff have a great reputation of working with the community rather than against. Other server staff will be the first to wave their ban stick around the second you do something wrong that you may not know you were doing wrong, where as orbital staff give the opportunity for the player to learn from their mistake and improve giving a much better player retention rate and also a much better group of people to play with.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples):

I generally play a lot as PD or mayor when I’m on, I enjoy taking part in PD raids and taking down server kingpins with difficult bases who run rampant without much fight back. Working with people like Howard Rice who has done a great job teaching myself and other officers how to handle raids from a PD perspective (Don’t just run in guns blazing, wear them down first) has definitely improved my ability to play as an officer. A lot of the PD Officers are happy to help you out and correct anything you might do wrong to learn for next time which is why I enjoy this role over most.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?:

My experience from community management could be beneficial in forum management and engagement/promotions. As well as working as a senior administrator I am familiar with handling abusive players and have an eye for who can be turned into a community player or who’s just here to ruin the game for everyone else. Although I don’t want to work towards that senior management level at this time as it requires a massive amount of time and dedication to handle everything at that level, I am more comfortable working at a grunt level moderator (and have enough time to meet this role and its requirements) just to assist the moderation team in ensuring everyone’s enjoying their time in the community. I am a 9-5 worker mon-fri but still have time to jump on the forums during this time and after hours I am able to jump in to assist the server. I am free weekends in peak times when the server really kicks off and really needs the staff numbers there.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?: Yes, I agree

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?: Yes, I agree.

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?: Yes, I do.

Hey mate!

As much as I like your application and you as a person, I will have to -1

Staffing requires a lot of rule knowledge, community involvement and respect from other members.

The only way you can achieve this is through playtime or being around the server/forums/discord for a decent amount of time!

I feel like you're not quiet there yet, you've just scraped in with 4D playtime and you only signed up to the forums on 19/09/21 (11 days ago)

I suggest maybe going for trusted first?

This will help you become well known within the community, it'll increase your rule based knowledge by helping newer members and it'll prove to us that you are dedicated to the server.

All while increasing your playtime and forum activity too!

Good luck with your application!

• Like 2

Hey Rennet,

When I see you on, you are there for people, you ask questions and help others if they need it. I would say be on the server more and discord along with the forums, it is a +1.

Good Luck!

Active

Basic knowledge of guidelines

Fairly well-known within the community

Doesn't quite grasp the concept of "Listening to others"

Fairly immature

Doesn't have enough time played in my opinion

You need more time on the server bud, plus you aren't exactly respectable {Coming from me I know, but it's the truth.}

Hey mate,

As Tuppy stated "you've just scraped in with 4D playtime and you only signed up to the forums on 19/09/21 (11 days ago)".

Look I know you're trying to adjust to the rules but I don't believe you have acquired such knowledge to receive Trusted let alone Staff. Your application is very detailed which is awesome when you're applying.

I wish you the very best for your application.

• Like 1

Hey Rennet,

As stated in the upper comments, there are couple reasons why I too will have to give a -1. I haven't really interacted with you at all, and If I have, I don't remember, which would mean I haven't been able to properly interact and hang out with you. I don't know how you act in roleplay, nor how you interact with others. Due to the fact that I've pretty much never met you, I am going to have to leave a -1. Please increase your community presence if you wish to gain a role like this, doing so will help you meet more people in a positive way and help decipher weather or not you are fit for a role like this. Hope you have a good day and see how you can improve.

• Like 1

Hey Renett,

We have interacted quite a few times (mainly in PD roles), you're social, and 4 days with no warns is great! But, 4 days is very lacking for a role such as staff - it is not nearly enough time to be familiar with every single rule, let alone have the power to enforce them.

Additionally, staff are members that are very familiar with the rules - and there has been 2 or more times where you seemed unfamiliar with them in places. Staff is also about working as a team and following the orders of higher ups, and it is unfortunate of me to say, that it was only recently that I was asked to attend a meeting in PD with you, where you stated that you refused to follow the orders of a specific superior officer, and acted a bit immature towards the situation. I understand that there maybe players you do not like/agree with, believe me there are a few I myself don't like, but it's important that roleplay and rule-following come before personal quarrels. A staff member needs severe patience and maturity, and is always fair to all players no matter how they feel towards them, and I just don't think you meet these aspects right now.

My suggestions would be to increase your activity, engage more in lots of different roles (other than just PD), become more familiar with the rules, become well known throughout the community, and work on your maturity. Prove to people that you can follow rules, make roleplay enjoyable and be trusted. Another suggestion would be to start small - maybe start with a trusted application first instead of a staff application (however I suggest you take some time to improve upon yourself before going for trusted).

Please take note this is nothing personal, I do believe you can be quite enjoyable to roleplay with, I just believe you are not ready for staff. I hope you accept my comment as constructive and fair, and hope you and me can still roleplay without any issues. For now, I'm gonna leave a solid -1.

going to have to be a -1 from me, the reason for this is because i dont think ive seen you at all on the server and you have only just made the required playtime. Maybe try to become more well known by interacting with more people and getting more playtime

Guest andrew

Hello there, mate.

I'm going to have to give you a -1 because I don't think your app is very well known yet. However, your app is very well formatted, and you have zero warning, which is fantastic with your play time. However, I urge that you try out for trustworthy before attempting to obtain staff.

Best of luck with your application.