Remove rule "Nightclub Manager can only build in club"

RPname: Jeremy Coomer (new to this forum, not the server)

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other):

Rule Change

Details/Information about your suggestion:

It has come to my attention there was an official rule change implemented on the 05/07/21 that states "- Night Club Managers are only allowed to base on "Club Penguin" building.". Now I, along with other players i've seen, have built clubs beyond the confines of Club Penguin and run into no contest from admins. I still want to nip it in the bud before it becomes an issue in the future. I personally spend most of my time designing neat new bars around various parts of the map and would hate to see my dupes become redundant over such a rule.

How do you think this will benefit the server?:

Nightclub Manager is already an underused job as it stands. It doesn't pay a lot (even in the highest traffic areas with all entities at play), and most of the time 90% of DarkRP player don't appreciate time put into creative or innovative nightclub builds. This rule produces a restriction on creativity, as the Club Penguin building isn't the most exciting. It has some flashy decals & textures, but ultimately there's too much space and as nightclub entities can only be placed on world surfaces (ie can't place lighttubes, speakers or screens on prop walls) It's simply too difficult to consistently make fresh new clubs for people to visit & enjoy. Now if this rule is removed, not only can players choose a building more appropriate to their building style (compact rooms, multi-story buildings, etc.) it allows for the job to be pushed to it's creative limits for better RP (clubs, bars, speakeasy's, pubs, etc.).

I will address some of the issues with my suggestion. Some may argue that the developers have a specific intention with how they want nightclubs to operate on the server, given that they made the nightclub building doors Nightclub Manager exclusive access. If a player builds elsewhere, it wastes the nightclub building.

It also means that when someone runs a bar (most likely with just the bar counter entity) someone who actually wants to run a proper nightclub (with all the entities) they won't be allowed to and the job becomes wasted potential.

Once again i'll acknowledge I've never personally run into issues with admins over this rule. Most will see that people have put effort into an interesting build and recognise that despite the rule break, it isn't really hurting anyone/giving an unfair advantage to any groups. I just want the rule changed in case admins recruited in the future try to enforce it (as it is technically their job to and newer admins try their hardest to do the job as best they can, generally speaking). If for whatever reason this rule has no chance of being changed for any reason i'm unaware of, I would at least suggest a new bartender role is introduced for players who are more interested in creating a calmer, more welcoming atmosphere than techno music and flashing lights.

Feedback is appreciated (in case there's anything i've failed to cover, technical or otherwise).

Links:

Main street can already be bad enough with things like lag and players being both idiotic and out of control at peak times. Adding a night club outside of the dedicated area will only make things hard to hear and annoying to those who do not wish to party. It was just annoying for anyone who was not interested in partying. As for popularity, things like /advert can attract people to the night club. It would be nice and I'm not fussed on if this rule gets changed or not. But as for performance and stability, I think club penguin is fine

This rule was put in because when people built their club props around main street it would ruin everyones time because of extremely loud music. Granted, they can turn it off but that just creates extra hassle for players, as well as the props and lights causing unnecessary FPS lag for some players.

+1

Although I can see both arguments, I think the rule should at least be adjusted to give you more options at the very least. You shouldn't be able to build a club/bar in the main streets that could be disruptive to other players but you should have the ability to choose a decent location that would allow you to build something greater than what is there by default. I think there could be a compromise overall.

Implemented

The rule has been changed.

• Night Club Managers are only allowed to play music (use speakers) in the "Club Penguin" building. However, Night Club Managers can own a base outside of the Club Penguin building (i.e. a bar).

• Like 1