Remove Probationary Police and Change How New Players Become Police

Jake Server

*I understand this may be a contentious topic*

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other):

Default Gmod content - Roles.

Details/Information about your suggestion:

I suggest removing the Probationary Police role, as it is mostly isn't useful and often leads to RDM/FailRP, which is what it is trying to prevent. Instead, I suggest that the primary Police role be restricted to a certain playtime on the server, easily done with a hook. While I understand that this is meant to prevent RDA, RDM and a plethora of other offences, players who are determined to do this will still find ways to do it. Currently, all this process is doing, is limiting new and some existing players from effectively RPing as police.

I understand that there is a ranking system higher in the police roles, this is fine for those who want to be involved in this, but i guarantee most don't want to be involved. After all, this is DarkRP not SWAT/Police/Corporation RP.

I also highly doubt that the current training for police is preventing any rules from being broken. It is also the players own responsibility to read, understand and follow the server rules, just like with every other job.

How do you think this will benefit the server?:

This would improve the quality of RP by removing a role which has a very limited place in RP situations (people could still /job Police Cadet ect.). This would improve the experience for players who are invested enough in the server to stay for the time frame set. This will allow more people to become police, which are vital in the DarkRP community, to regulate a number of things, including the economy.

This is a very bad idea. We have the probational period in place for many reasons; Less ARDM, RDM, RDA, ARDA. We also have it in place to train the new players on how to become a cop and what to do and what not to do. I always see people being tazed for no reason and arrested for no reason or even being RDM'd and they're a constable, Imagine if every new player could go straight to it.

Probational Constable, in other words Trainee Constable. This is not something to be changed but a priority that PD Command and Probational Trainers need to focus on. We already have had a suggestion just like this and it did not go through. This wouldn't be removed because of rule breakers. All this that you suggested could be done on another job. It is a rule break that should be dealt with, not something that should be removed because of rule breakers. Going straight to constable would HIGHLY increase the number of RDA and/or RDT warns, alone with other uniqueness about the PD role such as returning during a PD raid. I have noticed that cops are starting to return in bank raids as well, even with training, this still happens which is on whoever trained them or simply because they just wanted to break the rules. Removing Probational Constable would increase these incidents. Edited by Bunned

This is a very bad idea. We have the probational period in place for many reasons; Less ARDM, RDM, RDA, ARDA. We also have it in place to train the new players on how to become a cop and what to do and what not to do. I always see people being tazed for no reason and arrested for no reason or even being RDM'd and they're a constable, Imagine if every new player could go straight to it.

You have essentially highlighted one of the same issues I mentioned. "I always see people being tazed for no reason and arrested for no reason or even being RDM'd and they're a constable", meaning that the current system isn't working to start with. I understand the premise for having the role, as I alluded to in my suggestion.

Denied

I disagree with this completely. You say it impacts the quality of RP which I find humorous, the amount of players that get involved in Police RP on the server is quite impeccable considering they join the discord and get involved with events/trainings/general agenda.

The fallacies in what you are saying are ridiculous:

1. It does improve the quality of RP as players who actually RP on Police/SWAT genuinely want to play the role.

2. PD provides a new avenue for events that the server can get involved in, thereby again, enhancing the QUALITY of RP.

3. Our PD system is part of what makes the server so popular with more than 600 members in the PD discord that are eager to be involved in Police activities etc.

4. Removing the probational role is the stupidest thing ever, there is a reason the only MRDM roles are Gun Dealer and Hitman, that is because they spawn with weapons lmao. Giving police a weapon on spawn to avoid "RDM/FailRP" would cause way more issues than not giving it to them. Most people that are probationals have minimal time on the server, therefore no shit they are going to FailRP/RDM because I doubt their rule knowledge is sufficient to even RP as a cop. That is why the probational system exists, when cops are trained they get a simple overview of how to RP as a cop and genuine RPers on cop will actually go to the quick training, learn the rules around RPing as a cop then goes about it. It actually improves so much RP and I think it's so short-sided to say "I also highly doubt that current training for police is preventing any rules from being broken", go prove that.

5. This is nowhere near what serious police RP is like, join a US Police RP server and come back to me with what that's like. You will find that our Police RP is so much more casual.

6. Lastly how tf does remove probational on police help the economy, it actually protects it??? In probational training cops learn how to raid properly and what counts as a proper reason to raid so wouldn't it be protecting the economy and stop players from losing let's say weed from a police raid when it's been legal in the laws or a cop goes off the word of a citizen and raids you etc causing you to lose all your hard work that staff won't compensate for.

Your logic makes no sense.

Edited by Pedro