Remove Ammo on Tazer

Vodka Lara

What category does this suggestion apply to? Ingame

Details/Information about your suggestion: With the introduction of cops being able to taze active shooters, the tazer received a massive nerf. Increasing it's reload time aswell as introducing an ammo count to the tazer. I believe this was done pre-maturely. The tazer's themselves are still very janky and unpredictable. The delay is a needed element to stop it from being spammed, but having ammo for it seems unnecessary.

In regards to ammo count, having to walk back to PD to purchase tazers after each life in order to do your basic duty of tazing is an incredible inconvenience, considering how many situations involve tazing, not having ammo forces you to pull out of the situation instead of pursuing it, especially in cases where you can only AOS the individual. Contrasted with how every other weapon's ammo can be purchased via F4.

How do you think this will benefit the community?: I believe having a balance with the tazer would be a great thing to have. Considering it is an officers most used tool. As currently, tazing and arresting someone can be a massive chore sometimes, especially with the E to drag feature still being buggy.

I've also asked around what the higher up's of PD think of the change. Coming with mixed results.

When asked "What do you think of the current Tazers ingame?"

Responses were:

1. "hate em"

2. "im fine with it, it sucks but its good at the same time, means we can change things about the pd"

3. "I think theyre a very good equalizer to the current rule change surrounding tazer rush, Definitely a substantial nerf but i dont really see another alternative"

4. "Having to buy ammo burns a hole in my money and the cooldown is really unfair because the people that chose it don't realise that they're punishing people playing cop for someone they fucked up"

5. "tazer go zap"

6. "not the best obviously and the difference is evident, its hard to arrest i admit but the change is needed to make it fair for tazer rush exemption."

7. "I fuckin hate them"

I've also constructed a video showcasing my grievances:

With all this being said, I look forward to hear your guys' thoughts on this!

Edited by Vodka Lara
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The reload animation is from the HL2 pistol, there was never a taser animation.

The cooldown is 1.5 seconds slower, 1.5 seconds....

The ammo is $100 for 12 which we've increased the arrest reward from $500 to $1000 or $2000 for inspector+ (if you buy the ammo pack you'll also recieve ammo for all your weapons not just your taser!)

That's 4x the amount of money you get per arrest.

Sorry, but infinite taser ammo with 2 sec reload is OP as fuck.

Seems like cops are mad cause bad

From the vid, you didn't go the PD once to buy ammo, you can't aim and you didn't call for backup haha changing the reload time isn't going to fix poor aim.

Edited by Tuppy

The reload animation is from the HL2 pistol, there was never a taser animation.

The cooldown is 1.5 seconds slower, 1.5 seconds....

The ammo is $100 for 12 which we've increased the arrest reward from $500 to $1000 or $2000 for inspector+ (if you buy the ammo pack you'll also recieve ammo for all your weapons not just your taser!)

That's 4x the amount of money you get per arrest.

Sorry, but infinite taser ammo with 2 sec reload is OP as fuck.

Seems like cops are made cause bad

From the vid, you didn't go the PD once to buy ammo, you can't aim and you didn't call for backup haha changing the reload time isn't going to fix poor aim.

TLDR Get good kid

I get your point, however calling for backup over a simple free runner in cuffs seems like a waste of time. Additonally, if EVERY cop is having difficulty aiming, surely that says more about the tazer. While yes, reload time wont fix that. My main grievance is with the ammo count of it.

I get your point, however calling for backup over a simple free runner in cuffs seems like a waste of time. Additonally, if EVERY cop is having difficulty aiming, surely that says more about the tazer. While yes, reload time wont fix that. My main grievance is with the ammo count of it.

Cops have always had shit aim with the taser..

Shouldn't cops be going to the armoury anyways to get cheap Kevlar/Weapons?

If you were an inspector and made one arrest, you could buy 240 taser shots....?

If I may quickly butt in.

While I agree with the reload time increase. I’m not so a big fan of buying ammo through the armoury unlike the f4 menu like every other weapon.

I understand it is to stop people from relying on the tazer. However, in some circumstances, tasers are practically necessary. The drag function is still flawed, with the cuffed player often moving unpredictably and through the narrow doors of the pd aswell as the restricting placement of Officer Jim this makes arresting almost impossible for an individual cop.

Cops have always had shit aim with the taser..

Shouldn't cops be going to the armoury anyways to get cheap Kevlar/Weapons?

If you were an inspector and made one arrest, you could buy 240 taser shots....?

If cops can buy tazer ammo for dirt cheap, then what's the point of having it other than to inconvenience cops, forcing them to run back to PD for every respawn instead of it being optional to gather better equipment.

I think it would be better to purchase it in the f4 menu, 20 shots for $1500 ( or something highish so cops dont spam buy it)

The whole point was to stop people spam buying it, defeats the purpose of having "ammo"

People are whinging about $100, couldn't imagine what they'd do if we made it $1500 hahaha

Edited by Tuppy

Whats stopping you from using FearRP? You could put him up against a wall with a gun.

• Like 1

I will give this a PHAT +1

Anyone who knows PD and myself knows im pretty damn good with taser and I can hit some really long distances with my taser snipes, but the fact is yes 1.5 seconds isn't alot in ones life BUT if we are going to do the only reasonable way to transport people ( tase and grav gun combo which im extremely proficient at ) that extra 1.5 seconds is a hell of a thing. Additionally the tase and grav gun combo uses up alot of taser ammo, sure in the video example ole mate needs some serious taser aim training ( lead the shot, approx 0.5 - 1metre ahead of target and keep 1metre distance from yourself and target or taser will go through their body 7/10 times ) it does prove that with free runners, they can be a real bitch of a thing to get, the cuffs are still glitched where you can do what we see in the 3:07 mark you can break out of the drag feature and sometimes be launched 40m+ away from the cop, and as a freerunner in cuffs its basically same speed as normal running without holding down shift so that 10 -40m boost can sometimes mean escape to sewer which alot of cops have trouble with getting people up ladders which is why I prefer to do it alone since its easier than working with most other cops on this or to regroup with their friends to escape arrest. If we are allowed to at least buy the ammo for taser via f4 ( while it would be economical to go to the PD, at least when people spawn in they can at least be helpful rather then be entirely useless unless in combat which they would still need to go into f4 to buy ammo ) then officers can spawn in and actively patrol and stop criminals without being forced to let people fleed if they miss their first few taser shots which as you all have stated, cops have always been DOG SHIT at using tasers, so why make it next to impossible for almost all new cops and even surprisingly some veteran cops from arresting criminals, not to mention if there are 2 of them.

Please take into consideration that while arrest rewards are slightly better than normal, you can't make arrests off the bat upon spawning which alot of the time, when making your way to PD is where you see alot of crime take place ( Murder, Assault, B&E ).

If taser goes back to normal.

Taser rushing rules come back.

We can't have one or the other.

We can't fundamentally change the way cops engage in combat, giving them literally a 1 shot weapon with infinite ammo and a reload speed of less than 2 seconds.. without some kind of nerf.

We can't fundamentally change the way cops engage in combat, giving them literally a 1 shot weapon with infinite ammo and a reload speed of less than 2 seconds.. without some kind of nerf.

i would prefer having taser rush rules than having to go back to pd often because ive run out of taser shots

• Like 1

it would be fine if dragging cuffed players wasnt so broken and theyd get randomly launched and dont even move at the same speed as you so if you drag them a long distacne they end up being very far behind and the dragging stops because they are too far away
  • Like 1

Bring back taser rush the rule was better and it fucked my taser so please bring it back I beg. But you do not have to as it isn't my decision.

I myself never had an issue with taser rush (although I am aware lots of people did).

The change, to me, means that I can now:

1) Tase people who are trying to kill me

2) Not tase people who are not trying to kill me

Removing the taser rush rule was a single buff to PD, but only in scenarios where there were active shooters.

I can simply, tase and arrest people who are actively trying to kill me.

To counteract the buff, two nerfs were introduced, inflicting damage on the two criteria of police engagements.

Changing the mechanics of the taser was a quadruple nerf to the PD, in all interactions. (see below)

The issue is now when I am trying to arrest somebody who is simply trying to run away rather than fight it out (maybe just doing a runner, or trying to get away after I have handcuffed them), I am at a huge disadvantage (even more so if that person is a freerunner). The buff was to one area, the nerf was everywhere, meaning overall, this change was a MASSIVE nerf that came with not much benefit to us.

In Terms of PD Active Shooter Scenarios Passive Scenarios (Simple Arrest)
Removal of Taser Rush BUFF No Change
Ammo Counter Addition NERF NERF
Reload Cooldown NERF NERF
  • Like 1

giving them literally a 1 shot weapon with infinite ammo and a reload speed of less than 2 seconds.

On paper, tazers sound OP. But you’re forgetting that they’re a short ranged projectile weapon with a tiny hit box. Additionally, it’s not game over when you get tazed. If the perp has at least 1 friend, they will just execute you while you attempt to cuff them. An example of this is at 2:04 in the video where I taze Biggie but then get obliterated by the hitman.

• Like 1

On paper, tazers sound OP. But you’re forgetting that they’re a short ranged projectile weapon with a tiny hit box. Additionally, it’s not game over when you get tazed. If the perp has at least 1 friend, they will just execute you while you attempt to cuff them. An example of this is at 2:04 in the video where I taze Biggie but then get obliterated by the hitman.

Not to mention people abusing pimp slap on cops and people being cuffed then running away while we focus on the guy we are trying to arrest initially since 9/10 they have a gun,

We also can not forget that there is a slightly delay between shooting and it getting to its target which is why you have to lead the target for a bit, This explain why very few people like myself can hit semi long distance shots with taser.

If you do end up tasing someone you HAVE to switch to cuffs and forget the reload on the taser so they don't just run away since the freeze on them is 2 seconds long after getting up so you don't have time to reload then cuff, and if you are just that bit to slow the criminal is already moving and shooting before the cuff finishes.

• Like 1

I myself never had an issue with taser rush (although I am aware lots of people did).

The change, to me, means that I can now:

1) Tase people who are trying to kill me

2) Not tase people who are not trying to kill me

Removing the taser rush rule was a single buff to PD, but only in scenarios where there were active shooters.

I can simply, tase and arrest people who are actively trying to kill me.

To counteract the buff, two nerfs were introduced, inflicting damage on the two criteria of police engagements.

Changing the mechanics of the taser was a quadruple nerf to the PD, in all interactions. (see below)

The issue is now when I am trying to arrest somebody who is simply trying to run away rather than fight it out (maybe just doing a runner, or trying to get away after I have handcuffed them), I am at a huge disadvantage (even more so if that person is a freerunner). The buff was to one area, the nerf was everywhere, meaning overall, this change was a MASSIVE nerf that came with not much benefit to us.

In Terms of PD Active Shooter Scenarios Passive Scenarios (Simple Arrest)
Removal of Taser Rush BUFF No Change
Ammo Counter Addition NERF NERF
Reload Cooldown NERF NERF

The chart makes no logical sense since 8/10 times a "passive" senario turns into an active shooter scenario

You also aren't mentioning the major disadvantage anyone else BUT the PD have when it comes to a single shot weapon.

You said "the buff was for one area and the nerf was everywhere"

You're literally forgetting the entire otherside of this, you are only thinking about the PD not anyone else.

Removal of taser rush makes the PD a LOT stronger against raids/combat situations.

This literally happens before I changed anything, if you taser someone you run the risk of someone else killing you.. that's how the game works lol

You should know that hitmen have no RP relations and if biggie is quickly placing hits down to avoid arrests you could argue FailRP

Not to mention people abusing pimp slap on cops and people being cuffed then running away while we focus on the guy we are trying to arrest initially since 9/10 they have a gun,

We also can not forget that there is a slightly delay between shooting and it getting to its target which is why you have to lead the target for a bit, This explain why very few people like myself can hit semi long distance shots with taser.

If you do end up tasing someone you HAVE to switch to cuffs and forget the reload on the taser so they don't just run away since the freeze on them is 2 seconds long after getting up so you don't have time to reload then cuff, and if you are just that bit to slow the criminal is already moving and shooting before the cuff finishes.

I've been tasering and cuffing people just fine, why do you need to reload your taser instantly after you've successfully tasered the guy? Just cuff him and press E on him so he can't run away, then if you don't want to use the drag feature (this is your own choice) you can tase him again and grav gun him?

See no issue there at all haha

Unless you're saying your not cuffing people after you tase them? I'm not sure how you make arrests man but you're meant to tase, cuff, drag

Not tase continuously all the way to the NPC

I, personally, don't see how adding the Ammo to the F4 menu is going to change literally any of these situations.

Half of them seem like issues completely unrelated to the taser nerf, like the drag feature, being killed while making an arrest or the aim being hard..?

We will probably set the ammo pack for the F4 menu since a select few are too lazy to walk to the PD, that's the only thing that makes a bit of sense.

Edited by Tuppy

Suggestion: What if, we made tazer rushing illegal again, restored tazers to their original glory, BUT allowed for tazing from behind/when they’re not looking at you. This way, you can’t taze during a fire fight but if you sneak around and flank them, you can get the arrest.
  • Like 1