Removal of the persistent pocket

Pinto

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other): Addons(?)

Details/Information about your suggestion:

Remove the persistent pocket.

It was only last night I found out about the persistent pocket, I had been storing shit in bases lol. I was so excited about it, especially as a gun dealer I don't even need a shop anymore, I just get a shipment and pocket a few singles and walk the streets selling guns. I'd never made more money as a gun dealer.

While this is great as it makes selling guns easier it takes away a key part of the whole darkrp experience, the buildings and shops.

The main st is often filled with maybe one shop at a time and I believe this is because people don't need weapons or whatever else cause they have like 4 shipments pocketed, so most people who go gun dealer get bugger all business and get raided hard over and over.

If we remove the persistent pocket we can encourage more base building to store your goods, we encourage more social interaction and roleplay by forcing people to buy guns more often and it brings back risk to getting killed, cause at the moment there is none, life has no value unless you are the mayor and this is exactly because if you die once, you can just spawn in with everything you had before.

It makes the community less based around roleplay and more geared toward deathmatch.

You may call me a sook and tell me to go to another server, but this is what we have and we need to look to the future and not what gets us to our goals short term, we want a large active player base with people who are here to roleplay and not raid raid raid. So we need ideas like this to make the streets come alive and players to interact more than a laugh once you die from a raid.

How do you think this will benefit the server?:

It will encourage more roleplay, more business, more social interaction and less base camping.

Before you say no to this because pockets are super super convenient, think about the long term effects instead.

Links: N/A

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

+1 great idea, the streets really do feel dead when there is no gun dealers set up in shops cause people don't want singles. Would make the server feel much more welcoming to new players if the streets are lively!

Don please. I cannot handle you +1'ing your own post you got me dead.

Regardless of that, I would argue persistent pocket has it's place in the server. Singles are better sold as a convenience item to newer players that can't afford massive amounts of shipments or shipments that are more expensive.

I would argue that gun dealers should only be allowed to trade through stores (as mentioned in a certain previous post) to maintain RP value.

Take it from me, I've played servers that don't allow persistent pockets and it sucks. When there's no gun dealers on it's an absolute drag. If you quickly go gun dealer to sell to players then swap off you're immediately suspicious of supplying friends and having physical shipments in your base (while being good in terms of RP) really end up causing large money sinks as zerg groups raid bases and take all your precious guns (causing you need to buy more which you may now be unable to as you've invested in your previous shipment). A good RP suggestion regardless!

Not keeping your items in your pocket will do more harm than good. No persistent pockets = self supply 24/7. Not to mention the pocket space that people have spent irl money on would be pretty much for nothing. It is a “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” situation in my opinion.