Radio Host Job

Ragnar

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other): Addons

Details/Information about your suggestion: There is not enough civilian jobs in orbital and even less more roleplay encouraging! I suggest adding a very simple Radio Host role who has access to a Radio entity which can be bought and sold to players. Doing so they would have access to a Radio Controller entity which would allow them to play music and or speak through it!

This Role could be restricted to Trusted and Donator to ensure it is not as commonly abused and could work almost exactly like the Nightclubs music functions!

There could be a maximum of 2 or 3 radio hosts so as to create some diversity and competition!

How do you think this will benefit the server?: Adding this role would encourage players to play jobs less money focused and could add a new way for players to enjoy interacting! The possibility's are endless! Governments could force stations to play pre-recorded messages, Stores could enjoy the music of the city!

Introducing this role could add some very interesting roleplay experiences and begin to push the server into the right direction (Being Roleplay > Grinding)

I believe this would not be to difficult to hand make and enforce!

• Like 1

Yes, we need to add this +1 or whatever. It would be a really good way to keep people engaged with the server. Say someone is making meth or printer farming, they can still hear whats going on outside their base, without having to go outside. And radio hosts could keep it interesting with news updates and stuff.

Also if someone wanted to do some dictator RP as mayor, they could use the radio as a way to spread propaganda. Or even rebels could use it to speak against the government.

• Like 4

+1 Pretty big one from me

I love roleplay and having the chance to host interviews about current events or even take a small fee to play some music for individuals around the map would be lovely, I could take a fee by the mayor during lockdown broadcasting a calmer less dystopian presence as people get inside their homes and wait for the city to be secured or even simply talking to struggling businesses after the bank was raided and how economic relief would be amazing if the mayor can get it right without raising taxes ( all of which would be rp only without actual tax )

• Like 1

+1 Pretty big one from me

I love roleplay and having the chance to host interviews about current events or even take a small fee to play some music for individuals around the map would be lovely, I could take a fee by the mayor during lockdown broadcasting a calmer less dystopian presence as people get inside their homes and wait for the city to be secured or even simply talking to struggling businesses after the bank was raided and how economic relief would be amazing if the mayor can get it right without raising taxes ( all of which would be rp only without actual tax )

Extension to this: can also host interviews with up and coming criminal gangs in order to advertise for recruitment or simply to win public favour

• Like 1

6 Years or so ago I was on a server that had a addon like this. It ended up in a war between myself and someone else over the broadcasting propaganda. Back when RP was actaully fun RP.

Im all in to relive those days, but I request if such thing happens, there is a way to mute the music client side.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...