Petition to bring back Blacklist-Button models.

With the recent change to the original map, and the 2.0 update right around the corner, many of us have noticed that the button_model glitch has been fixed. While we CAN change buttons' models to that of whitelisted props, blacklisted props are off the table.

I, along with many others, are disappointed to see this change, as the use of Blacklist-Buttons took the creativity of building to fun new places. It allowed us to create better RP builds. Gunshops with guns on racks & shelves, nightclubs with secret drug safes, apartments with good quality furnishings & decorations. The fact of the matter is, the whitelist on props is incredibly restricting creatively, though with good reason. Many of the blacklisted props could be abused by minges and griefers with little to no effort. Giant props blocking streets, fake guns placed to fool players, hell even fake money of they wanted to be especially cruel.

Despite those potential grievances, this glitch has been around for months now. We've been doing it for ages, and with little consequence. It's a niche building trick that only builders really knew about. It's unavailable to the usual minges as it requires donator or trusted to utilise, and even if a griefer buys donator it isn't exactly an intuitive technique to pick up without help at first.

My point is although you might get a couple tickets here and there, we (the building community) have proven that we can be trusted with these privileges after months of testing and will utilise them well should we be given them. Not to mention it feels like a slap in the face to us after all the beautiful builds we've provided to the community over the last few months.

If you agree that blacklisted models should be made available to us once again via the wiremod button trick, comment below and like this post. If you have any information to add (be it support or criticism), here's your chance.

+1

I massively would love this to come back due to the creativity some of the people come up with like Poon Raccoon that man has some of the nuttiest bases with the custom wire buttons it's crazy and just seeing this creativity makes me believe this is what gmod is, Anyway that's my reasoning i really hope for this to come back

- Arcane

[JUSTIFY]+1

Definitely a Yes from me, wire_button_model *custom models* definitely spark a creative incentive through the Builders community and I believe that it did not cause any lag or discomfort within the players for it to be removed, I would appreciate it to be added back and honestly confused for the real reason of it being removed, perhaps any of the roots could elaborate?[/JUSTIFY]

We we're okay with it for a while, until every second person was flying around a massive jet with their phys gun. It was kind of a one person ruined it for all thing. If people truly want it back, it can be done.

just punish those who do that stupid shit, those people ruin it for others that use the wire models for proper shit. It's sad how people abuse it

• Like 2

We we're okay with it for a while, until every second person was flying around a massive jet with their phys gun. It was kind of a one person ruined it for all thing. If people truly want it back, it can be done.

That sorta thing will happen time to time. People will do dumb stuff with it like they do dumb stuff with all features available to the server. I can appreciate the attempt to stop assholes doing asshole things, just not in a way that punishes people that use it properly. I do hope you'll consider reverting the change :)

Definitely would be nice to have it back but yeah as Jeremy stated, someone will definitely try to abuse any available feature in-game, as an example, from the security baton or even the taser. [iSPOILER]Not only that, players can still fly around with props by ghosting the prop and right-clicking the no collide tool, so you might want to check that one out...[/iSPOILER]

Edited by TerrA

Definitely would be nice to have it back but yeah as Jeremy stated, someone will definitely try to abuse any available feature in-game, as an example, from the security baton or even the taser. Not only that, players can still fly around with props by ghosting the prop and right-clicking the no collide tool, so you might want to check that one out...

What a way to tell everyone how to prop fly lmao

😏

If people abuse it just remove their trusted or blacklist wire 😱

Classic example of "one person ruins it for everyone"

One person spawns in big ass shit, then everyone starts doing it - then it's abused.

It's the same with making people small - if you make someone small to build a tiny house for some OOC fun..

Then that person runs away and thinks it's okay to go and raid people's bases while being very tiny. Stupidity.

One person ruins it for everyone - it's normally the same people, too 👀👀

• 1 month later...

I

We’ve had a plethora of support on this issue, and addressed potential issues and how to manage them.

So can we have our blacklist buttons back?

PS the building community has gone down the drain since this change was implemented. Surely it’s time we breathe some life back into this aspect of the community.

I low key agree with this, however, it'll be easier to whitelist the props rather than do the whole button thing..

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...