New entity raids (Similar to Bank/PD)

Jeremy Coomeracci

A problem with the server in it's current state is not a lot of people build bases anymore. This is an issue when a large portion of jobs revolve around raiding places which in turn gives another large portion of jobs the task of defending bases and saving people. I'm hoping by offering these new types of raids that raiding classes will have more options than a Bank & PD, and in turn police will have to manage who they save & when.

How would the new raids would work?

The new raids aim to be similar to how the bank raid works, but with the catch of you need to actually deliver the items once complete (using a similar system to Illegal Cityworker Packages). You can't add a second bank, so these jobs are more like heist work where you deliver the goods to a buyer at the end. A new Black Market NPC would be added to the game to deliver these items to. Multiple would need to be added to prevent continuous police stings, but I would imagine they would be primarily underground (sewers) or down more obscure areas of the map.

So to summarise:

-Raiders raid the place same as they would a bank.

-Once vault timer hits 0:00, one of the raiders on the list receives the package (only 1 package per raid that holds ALL the goods/payout) and all raiders receive an immediate wanted status.

-Raiders must then safely deliver the package to the Black Market NPC whilst wanted (ergo AOS applies if found by police). Once the package is delivered the payout is given to the package carrier, and it is up to them to distribute any loot with gang members accordingly.

-All packages would pay a cap of $50k, rather than banks $100k as they are smaller jobs. I would apply a 10 minute cooldown so they can be ready again without too much delay (although they obviously won't pay the full $50k straight away, they need to charge).

What are the new raids?

So far i've managed to come up with three new raids, but more could be added over time/at Management's discretion. Here's what i've come up with:

Jewellery Store Raid

A new jewellery store would be added to Orbital. I would recommend retrofitting the empty building in the Nightclub Zone of the map (the one in the wall). The base is barely used as it is and would add to a "Glitz & Glammer" vibe to the zone giving it some much needed character.

I would propose three doors for this raid. The entrance door which can be locked or unlocked, a service window/entrance (similar to the Bank's) and finally a small vault door (with the diamonds inside). Essentially it would be a small bank layout, with a bit more decoration (cases with jewels/jewellery in the lobby).

Power Station Raid

A new, small power station could be added to the map. I would recommend creating it in that warehouse on the hill near fountain (the one next to the power generator). It could be built more into the wall to allow for more space in the raid. The payout would be a package of uranium rods (despite the obvious lack of any nuclear reactors in the map, lets just go with it). I would propose four doors for this one: Entry door, then a couple of large rooms between the 'vault' and the entrance. The fourth door would be wall mounted (like the burrow base near fountain) and contain the vault inside (literally just exposed uranium bars with a timer on it like banks). The large rooms could be filled with all manner of industrial equipment and piping as obstacles for a more dynamic firefight (fighting in a labyrinth-esque room rather than a large open space).

Hospital Raid

The hospital could be revamped for this one. I would highly recommend the entire lower half of the Kappel's building (the at fountain) is completely refit to be the server's official hospital. Hospitals are something this server has lacked forever and it would be nice to get a good, dedicated one rather than a pissy little clinic. With all the space + the high traffic of the area it would allow for a full fledged hospital with Medic-Only doors (meaning no one can buy them, but all medics can control them). The hospital would have an entry foyer, some wards, hallways and of course a pharmacy (where medicine is stored). The Hospital raid would be focused on the pharmacy. The vault would be a large cabinet of shelves containing many chemicals and drugs the raiders would sell to the NPC. Upon raid completion, however, you could also drop a single shipment of health packs & possibly a random drug or two (meth/weed) for players to take off with as it is super close to Bank & PD so we should reward the risk.

This raid is also the only one that can have legitimate defenders. Medics may keep 1h firearms for self-defense but may also be inclined to hire Security Guards for the hospital further creating jobs for players. This one's a double whammy as the Kappel building (along with the entire bottom floor of that massive mass of buildings) is hardly used, so this could be a great change for Medics AND for raiders.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

the only idea i like abt this is

Jewellery Store Raid

A new jewellery store would be added to Orbital. I would recommend retrofitting the empty building in the Nightclub Zone of the map (the one in the wall). The base is barely used as it is and would add to a "Glitz & Glammer" vibe to the zone giving it some much needed character.

I would propose three doors for this raid. The entrance door which can be locked or unlocked, a service window/entrance (similar to the Bank's) and finally a small vault door (with the diamonds inside). Essentially it would be a small bank layout, with a bit more decoration (cases with jewels/jewellery in the lobby).

sounds fun and a bit easier