mr balls Staff Application

mr balls

Steam Community Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198319524814

SteamID:

STEAM_0:0:179629543

Discord User#:

mr balls#7430

16 (turning 17 on the 24th of this month)

Country/Time Zone:

Australia, Adelaide(+9:30)

Do you have a working Microphone?:

I have a HyperX headset that suppresses my loud keyboard and transmits my voice clearly

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot):

Currently i'm sitting at about a week on orbital.

My time got reset a couple days ago.

gametimeaftergametimereset.thumb.png.b78020df690b6a12969a2bc5b36a0586.pnggametimefromtrustedapp.thumb.png.73bd63dd4254478bced588f066a3ff4d.png

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot):

I currently have 0 warnings. I have no intention to receive one.

0warnings.thumb.png.957e88a7aba358ee3aecfc16dcbb4ca7.png

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot):

I have 0 Softbans or Blacklists.

0warnings.thumb.png.e1d3a53ff5c8dcf3d978813e30cca146.png

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples):

Throughout the countless years I've spent playing Garry's mod, I have not had that much staffing experience. However,

I have a very strong understanding on how moderation works.

Apart from Garry's mod, I have been lucky enough to staff in other communities:

Assetto Corsa: Shutoko Revival Project Admin-

January 2021 to March 2021

This was an important role for the server. With the growing popularity of it, new players were swarming. This helped my ability to work with my peers and remain efficient under pressure. There were many cars breaking rules and taking up slots. The main moderation we used was a kick feature. If people broke rules, we would display a message on their screen. If they continued, we would kick them and free up a slot for someone else to join.

The map is quiet massive so we had to cover a lot of ground. Especially because of how understaffed it was. We had to work in teams of 3 and constantly move back and fourth up and down highways to make sure people were not trying to ram people off the road and cause trouble.

Assetto Corse OEM Cruising Moderator

March 2021 to April 2021

Same thing with Shutoko Revival. Except the map was a lot smaller so it was less stressful. The rules were a lot more mellow and we only looked out for things like people trolling (ramming off-road and brake checking/crashing), and things in the chat.

Rust: Rusti Servers Moderator/Tester

October 2020 to February 2021

As a strong player in rust, I was lucky enough to get offered a position in moderation.

The position was for looking out for cheaters/scripters and being quick to react.

I enforced the rules by removing any bases and de-spawning any loot that was inside them. Followed by giving an appropriate punishment to the people involved. Vac usually did its job, but on occasion it did not. I had a responsibility to act quickly.

I was also asked to test some of their new server branches and help adjust the loot tables also.

The owner of the server wanted my help because I was experienced in looking out for cheaters and I have a very solid understanding in rust gameplay.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?:

I believe I am a good fit for staff because of my qualities.

I am very honest. Honesty is a key part of being staff. Being trustworthy is one of the most important parts about the position. Even at times where it feels like being dishonest could be beneficial I always steer away from it and stay truthful.

Another important factor about being staff is you need to be responsible. I am responsible. I know at times people can get riled up, it happens, but in serious/stressful situations I prove that I can remain calm and professional.

Sometimes people break rules. If I see someone breaking the rules, I always double check if any rules have been violated, before I confront them. If they continue doing what they're doing, I make a sit.

If I were to be staff, I could enforce these things more professionally, rather than waiting for someone to step in for me.

(is it just me or do I hate making sits!?!)

I also enjoy helping people. I've said this before but I've helped people with wiremod and building in the past.

I would love to help people solve issues they have in game. Weather its an issue they're having with their job (say the mayor gets stuck in his/her office), or if its something more serious like an rdm ticket. I wish to help people solve problems they encounter.

At times early in the morning or even late at night, there are times when there can be no staff online. Since I am a very active member, I could make those time frames smaller.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples):

Communication:

I can communicate in large groups and settings where I don't feel comfortable.

I assisted leading a clan in rust called BD. We had to give out coms when there were 8+ people in a voice chat. When we weren't in combat, we all chatted and spoke about things not relevant to the situation we were in. But if we were in combat we all knew to speak relevant communications.

As for staffing, when I was staff for Shutoko Revival Project we patrolled the map in segments, we would always switch it up. I would patrol the east highway, and other staff would patrol south and west.

We would tell each other the grid locations of a group of cars cruising. Communication is effortless and makes a difference in almost any situation.

Time Management:

I have the ability to prioritise certain things quickly and efficiently. I can multitask and think ahead in almost every situation.

In rust for example, Whilst I was a roam leader and the base's sparky, I would also do things like split sulfur with my teammates to craft gunpowder quicker so we can get a step up on our neighbours and raid them sooner.

Problem solving:

Being able to solve problems on the fly is very crucial.

I have shown my ability to do this in multiple occasions. One of the most stressful situations I've been in moderating was a dox. It was quiet scary. No one else was on, but by instinct, I banned the user from the discord server it happened in, and I made a report to discord. As it was going on in direct messages also.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?:

I stay positive.

As for everyone, I'm unique in my own way. I like to laugh and joke around, sometimes when a situation is serious I still try and make light of the situation. For example, sometimes, when someone is in deep trouble, I try and make it not so intimidating.

I have the willingness to learn.

As I have little experience staffing on Garry's mod, I would be more than willing to learn how to do things properly.

I am outright honest.

I am extremely honest and genuine. Although we all make mistakes, I am one to own up and admit to any mistakes that I make.

We are all human and we all make mistakes, sometimes people don't own up to their own hiccups.

I stand by trust, and being brave enough to stand up for yourself is important for being a trustworthy person.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?:

I hereby agree to not abuse, nor misuse any of the powers given to me in order to moderate the server.

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?:

I completely agree that if i were to misuse the powers given to me, they will be stripped away from me.

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?:

I agree to follow the staff expectations if and when they are given to me.

+1

Mr balls is are such a kind person to everyone and so enjoyable to RP with. He knows all the rules and follows them with care and makes sure no rules are broken by anyone else. He are very active on the Gmod server as well as the discord and forums. He is very easy to talk to and work together because he is a trustworthy and outgoing guy. I believe he should become a staff Member. GOOD LUCK!

+1

Mr. Balls has been an active player as far as I can remember seeing him, he is always supportive to those around him and does his hardest to keep the players around him from accidentally or purposely breaking rules, his sincere and kindhearted nature as well as fun-loving and excitable personality makes him a perfect fit for the staff team as here on orbital we strive to be friendly and professional.

Steam Community Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198319524814

SteamID:

STEAM_0:0:179629543

Discord User#:

mr balls#7430

16 (turning 17 on the 24th of this month)

Country/Time Zone:

Australia, Adelaide(+9:30)

Do you have a working Microphone?:

I have a HyperX headset that suppresses my loud keyboard and transmits my voice clearly

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot):

Currently i'm sitting at about a week on orbital.

My time got reset a couple days ago.

[ATTACH=full]338[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]339[/ATTACH]

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot):

I currently have 0 warnings. I have no intention to receive one.

[ATTACH=full]340[/ATTACH]

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot):

I have 0 Softbans or Blacklists.

[ATTACH=full]341[/ATTACH]

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples):

Throughout the countless years I've spent playing Garry's mod, I have not had that much staffing experience. However,

I have a very strong understanding on how moderation works.

Apart from Garry's mod, I have been lucky enough to staff in other communities:

Assetto Corsa: Shutoko Revival Project Admin-

January 2021 to March 2021

This was an important role for the server. With the growing popularity of it, new players were swarming. This helped my ability to work with my peers and remain efficient under pressure. There were many cars breaking rules and taking up slots. The main moderation we used was a kick feature. If people broke rules, we would display a message on their screen. If they continued, we would kick them and free up a slot for someone else to join.

The map is quiet massive so we had to cover a lot of ground. Especially because of how understaffed it was. We had to work in teams of 3 and constantly move back and fourth up and down highways to make sure people were not trying to ram people off the road and cause trouble.

Assetto Corse OEM Cruising Moderator

March 2021 to April 2021

Same thing with Shutoko Revival. Except the map was a lot smaller so it was less stressful. The rules were a lot more mellow and we only looked out for things like people trolling (ramming off-road and brake checking/crashing), and things in the chat.

Rust: Rusti Servers Moderator/Tester

October 2020 to February 2021

As a strong player in rust, I was lucky enough to get offered a position in moderation.

The position was for looking out for cheaters/scripters and being quick to react.

I enforced the rules by removing any bases and de-spawning any loot that was inside them. Followed by giving an appropriate punishment to the people involved. Vac usually did its job, but on occasion it did not. I had a responsibility to act quickly.

I was also asked to test some of their new server branches and help adjust the loot tables also.

The owner of the server wanted my help because I was experienced in looking out for cheaters and I have a very solid understanding in rust gameplay.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?:

I believe I am a good fit for staff because of my qualities.

I am very honest. Honesty is a key part of being staff. Being trustworthy is one of the most important parts about the position. Even at times where it feels like being dishonest could be beneficial I always steer away from it and stay truthful.

Another important factor about being staff is you need to be responsible. I am responsible. I know at times people can get riled up, it happens, but in serious/stressful situations I prove that I can remain calm and professional.

Sometimes people break rules. If I see someone breaking the rules, I always double check if any rules have been violated, before I confront them. If they continue doing what they're doing, I make a sit.

If I were to be staff, I could enforce these things more professionally, rather than waiting for someone to step in for me.

(is it just me or do I hate making sits!?!)

I also enjoy helping people. I've said this before but I've helped people with wiremod and building in the past.

I would love to help people solve issues they have in game. Weather its an issue they're having with their job (say the mayor gets stuck in his/her office), or if its something more serious like an rdm ticket. I wish to help people solve problems they encounter.

At times early in the morning or even late at night, there are times when there can be no staff online. Since I am a very active member, I could make those time frames smaller.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples):

Communication:

I can communicate in large groups and settings where I don't feel comfortable.

I assisted leading a clan in rust called BD. We had to give out coms when there were 8+ people in a voice chat. When we weren't in combat, we all chatted and spoke about things not relevant to the situation we were in. But if we were in combat we all knew to speak relevant communications.

As for staffing, when I was staff for Shutoko Revival Project we patrolled the map in segments, we would always switch it up. I would patrol the east highway, and other staff would patrol south and west.

We would tell each other the grid locations of a group of cars cruising. Communication is effortless and makes a difference in almost any situation.

Time Management:

I have the ability to prioritise certain things quickly and efficiently. I can multitask and think ahead in almost every situation.

In rust for example, Whilst I was a roam leader and the base's sparky, I would also do things like split sulfur with my teammates to craft gunpowder quicker so we can get a step up on our neighbours and raid them sooner.

Problem solving:

Being able to solve problems on the fly is very crucial.

I have shown my ability to do this in multiple occasions. One of the most stressful situations I've been in moderating was a dox. It was quiet scary. No one else was on, but by instinct, I banned the user from the discord server it happened in, and I made a report to discord. As it was going on in direct messages also.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?:

I stay positive.

As for everyone, I'm unique in my own way. I like to laugh and joke around, sometimes when a situation is serious I still try and make light of the situation. For example, sometimes, when someone is in deep trouble, I try and make it not so intimidating.

I have the willingness to learn.

As I have little experience staffing on Garry's mod, I would be more than willing to learn how to do things properly.

I am outright honest.

I am extremely honest and genuine. Although we all make mistakes, I am one to own up and admit to any mistakes that I make.

We are all human and we all make mistakes, sometimes people don't own up to their own hiccups.

I stand by trust, and being brave enough to stand up for yourself is important for being a trustworthy person.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?:

I hereby agree to not abuse, nor misuse any of the powers given to me in order to moderate the server.

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?:

I completely agree that if i were to misuse the powers given to me, they will be stripped away from me.

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?:

I agree to follow the staff expectations if and when they are given to me.

Though I've definitely had mixed encounters with this person, I don't necessarily like to play with him but I definitely think he would make an amazing staff member especially with his extensive history of moderation experience +1

• Like 1

Though I've definitely had mixed encounters with this person, I don't necessarily like to play with him but I definitely think he would make an amazing staff member especially with his extensive history of moderation experience +1

I appreciate the +1. I will try to be a bit more relaxed and not as snappy. I noticed I was quick to tell someone outside my base not to door minge. I'm working on my flexibility!

• Like 1

+1

Mr Balls is a kind person who is easy to get along with on the server. He is active on all of the orbitals platforms being In-game or on the forums and discord. My interaction with you have always been positive and I never had or seen you have a bad experience with anyone on the server. When he is in-game he reports rule breakers to staff and manages to always follow the rules, this is evident with your 0 warns on the server. He shows maturity in all aspects and I believe that you can remain calm when things become stressful. For the reason mentioned above, I believe that if you were given a chance to staff on the server you could do many good things.

Good luck with your application!

• Like 1

+1

Mr balls has always been a good mate of mine since i got back into gmod, he has always been a legend who knows all the rules very well and also is there to help other who don't. Mr balls's activity is a huge bonus as he is grinding away at the server meaning if he was staff less tickets would be lying around. I truly think you would suit the role of a staff member so i wish you the best of luck!

200.gif

• Like 1

+1

While at a first glance a name like "Mr balls" may make some players see him in a mingey light I must say its the exact opposite. Mr balls has been a kind person to others in the community time and time again. While some could disagree with that statement I am not one of them, after having multiple sits with you in them I have seen your respect and care for the server and your polite attitude really helps show that. Hope you get staff so that I can bully you with my gravgun (Oh yeah and so that you can be a great staff and all)

Good luck - FrostyBoi

• Like 2

+1

Mr Balls, Is always fun, kind and an enjoyable person to play with no matter the role, and is always welcoming and keen to have a laugh anyone's shenanigans in the server, and keeps to the rules wholeheartedly i couldn't recommend a guy more.

I hope this is better Frosty <3

• Like 1

Mr. Balls I would've +1 this app but multiple recent sits I've had with you,

You have been nothing but disruptive and try to undermine my decisions

I don't think you're ready just yet I doubt your professionalism nothing personal bro best of luck

• Like 1

+1

I have run into you many times on the server, you come across as a bit of a snappy person (as said) but I have seen you helping new and experienced players with all types of problems. You have shown extreme dedication to your application through the massive amount of detail said. You have had many staffing opportunities in the past and I'm sure you will soon receive this one.

+1

Ive thought about this and i'm willing to give a positive review. I've seen a couple different sides to you but mainly I see a guy who wants to RP properly and wants to give to the community. I think the only negative i have seen is you losing your cool, however that may have just been one time.

Very active player, overall i think would be a decent fit for the staff team. Best of luck.

• Like 1

the reasoning for my -1 is the same as hanks i just don't think your mature enough for staff

If I were given a shot at staff I'd show maturity. As I explained I try and make light of situations. If someone is in the wrong it's unique to be positive about it in a way where it both teaches them a lesson without being intimidating. Obviously at times where maturity needs to be shown I will show it and remain professional. But I try and make people happy that's why I can seem immature at times. I wish that I could change both yours and hanks point of view. I hope you understand :)

+1

funny haha man

good rper

always pulls people up on rules

19/07/21 edit: i feel i should add, the amount of time mr balls has on this server along with how active he is with no warns truly says something and tells me that he is incredibly clear on the rules

Edited by kurt

Hello

Mr balls,

After reading through your Staff application and reading some of the replies and watching you in-game a few time's I have come to the conclusion I will -1 your Staff application. The reason you may ask?

You seem immature at time's which is the main thing, I want people that are on the staff team to have maturity and professionalism.

You don't have experience on Garry's mod which is another downside.

I believe in time you can change the immaturity to maturity and I'd change my -1 to a +1 when I see the change and see that it is fitting to do so.

You are active on the forum's and discord which is good. Just change the immaturity and you'll do good bud.

Don't take the -1 in a bad way take it in a good way take it in a way that you can learn from it.

As all way's Mr ball's good luck with your Staff application.

Thanks,

Muck Figures.

If I were given a shot at staff I'd show maturity. As I explained I try and make light of situations. If someone is in the wrong it's unique to be positive about it in a way where it both teaches them a lesson without being intimidating. Obviously at times where maturity needs to be shown I will show it and remain professional. But I try and make people happy that's why I can seem immature at times. I wish that I could change both yours and hanks point of view. I hope you understand :)

-1 same as Froakies i see what you are talking about but you should be showing maturity now not when you receive staff right now i dont think you are mature enough at this time for staff though my opinion may change in the future but at this time it will be a -1 but good application very detailed

Good Luck

-Bux

Denied

While I applaud you for your consistent activity on the server, I think you are not fit for staff due to a variety of reasons. The mixed community and staff feedback shows consistency regarding your attitude as immature and not professional whether it be in sits or in an active RP situation. I have personally witnessed you trying to halt situations through OOC pleads [FailRP] (i.e. "I'm going to call staff if you don't let me go, this is RDA"), making me question how you will utilise your power when you are given it and if your intentions are truly in the best interest of the server. I think you have much potential in the future but at the present date, I think you lack the professionalism, maturity and overall capability to present yourself as staff material on this server.

Re-Apply in 2 weeks

Edited by Pedro
  • Like 3