Minor police rule change

Mersman

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other): rules

Details/Information about your suggestion:

Let cops use riot shields to kill fistwhores. Getting punched by randoms while making an arrest is a pretty common thing to occur and cops are supposed to tase the guy instead of moving straight to a lethal takedown. This is kind of unrealistic as most real life cops could easily wrestle the average Joe to the ground if they got too close, but as this is Garry's mod you are kinda just left to awkwardly reload your taser while you hope your armor can tank the punches in a tight space or you have to run away and leave the guy you were otherwise arresting on the ground ready to get up and run away or attack you.

How do you think this will benefit the server?:

The Riot shield is a pretty underutilized weapon available to cops in their armory and I think allowing cops to use it to fight someone attacking them with fists will get alot more people to reconsider trying it out more than once after they get senior constable.

• Like 1

I like this idea, but

Right now, police don't have any melee weapons to defend against someone who's assaulting you in a non-lethal way. (Other than the taser)

I feel that maybe a batton similar to the crowbar would be a cool addition.

Something you can use to defend yourself against someone punching you.

HOWEVEEEER

Fistwhore/ARDM is a staff issue, if people are punching you while you're making an arrest + they have no RP relation with the person you're arresting. Call a staff member!

Edited by Tuppy

I like this idea, but

Right now, police don't have any melee weapons to defend against someone who's assaulting you in a non-lethal way.

HOWEVEEEER

Fistwhore/ARDM is a staff issue, if people are punching you while you're making an arrest + they have no RP relation with the person you're arresting. Call a staff member!

super off topic, but how do you make your signature a real time overview of the server?

I like this idea, but

Right now, police don't have any melee weapons to defend against someone who's assaulting you in a non-lethal way. (Other than the taser)

I think they should have a version of the kidnapper baton similar to how old school dark rp police use to be in like 2015. Baton can be used from the front and then implement a nerf to the tazer if necessary as it’s in game application is stupid.

Baton can reduce accidental RDT since players shouldn’t be able to squeeze between shots as easily. Police won’t have to constantly taze players as they wake up, can just baton them again to subdue them.

This application could also be used since some players resort to knives/fists/crowbar when being tazed by police. Tazer has proven to be inefficient in these cases and a 2.5 second reload delay between shots makes this worse. Police could make the conscious choice on whether to handle criminals in hand to hand combat when necessary and reducing potential crossfire, further valuing civilians security

• Like 2