Mental Health

FredYackles

This is a serious topic these days and I just want people online and everywhere to know that there are people in the world who can help and who will listen to you. I'm going to list of some call lines and some websites so if you ever need something, you can call or go online and get the help that you might need.

If you're in immediate danger or someone you know is, please call 000.

Lifeline - 13 11 14 https://www.lifeline.org.au/

Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636 https://www.beyondblue.org.au/

If anyone has any tips or ideas to help with any of this, please post it below. It could be even some breathing techniques you saw online or in school.

I want everyone on the server to know that you are not alone.

• Like 2

If you are too nervous, or are feeling to paranoid anxious stressed out to talk to the people over the phone.

Lifeline has a Crisis chat available from 12PM AEST - 2 AM AEST

Beyond Blue Has Cris Chat Available 24/7

Remember, If you feel things are too rough and you can't cope and you feel you are at danger of Hurting yourself Call 000

If you are going through a domestic violence situation please call or talk to the fine people at 1800 Respect Call 1800 737 732

Might I Add All Of These Are 100% Anonymous

Edited by Tuppy
  • Like 1

Grounding Techniques

The 5 Step System To Reducing Trauma Based Anxiety / Tremor / Paranoia

Before we start, lets focus on your breathing, you want to take slow deliberate breaths

Inhale Slowly

Hold For 3 Seconds

Exhale Slowly

Continue This For As Long As Necessary To Get Your Breathing To A Manageable Level.

Okay, Good, next were going to ground ourselves till our mind and ourselves are in a calm enough state to continue on with the rest of the day / meeting / event / ect

5. Look around the room, and find a point of interest to focus on a cup a pen a disk and vape anything.

4. Think about 4 things that you can touch in the immediate vicinity, your hair, a pillow, your keyboard, and especially the ground under your feet.

3. Listen and acknowledge three things that you can actually hear. the sound from your air conditioner/ceiling fan, any wind noises, animals outside making noises, the clack that comes from your keyboard.

2. Sniff and acknowledge two things you can smell. Pillow, your drink. your can of body spray, or if it helps you could leave your room and go to the bathroom and smells some soap or other items like bodywash.

1. Acknowledge one thing you can taste. What does the inside of your mouth taste like? take a sip of coffee or your drink, gum perhaps?

When i get an extremely dissociative state these 5 tips have been essential in coping within day to day life.

i will add more guides when i get time to write them.

Edited by Tuppy