[Kidnapper] Tranquilizer Guns

Renett Marchiori

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other): Addons

Details/Information about your suggestion: Giving kidnappers a long range weapon for kidnapping for times when single baton use can be difficult. Possibly adding a rule where you can tranquillise multiple targets in order to successfully kidnap 1 victim only (if a high value target has guards eg mayor) so it doesnt require a full server shoot up that could cause crossfire events = Harmless kidnapping. The mod provided only works if it is a headshot only which means it wont be just as simple as running up to a bunch of people spamming tranq rounds, there is still skill involved.

How do you think this will benefit the server?: Adds a new aspect to the kidnappers capabilities. Increasing the roles usage and creating more RP situations which can be beneficial to PD training (Most cops seem to storm the castle rather than RP it out)

Links: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=319075224

Maybe a buyable single dose tranquiliser (on a usage timer like the disguises) that knocks someone out from a distance would be better suited?

I'm not too sure about knocking out multiple targets, this would break the cooldown rules and be sorta annoying.

Being able to knock someone out on the street from a window or a bush is kinda cool though...

• Like 1

The role itself is restricted to trusted and VIP so I think the incentive to abuse it is less . I agree with tuppy, that it should be on a usage cooldown and serve as a single target weapon. Maybe we can have something like a smoke bomb instead/as well, which I reckon is less likely to abused and rewards more skill. I like the idea though, it really expands the rp of the kidnapping role.
  • Like 1

what booby said, and i think this would be super cool as it is not always possible to baton someone, especially if they're well guarded or just very aware lol. i also agree with tuppy, a one-time use thing thats purchasable in the f4 menu would be nice, albeit should probably pretty expensive as the capabilities of it would be much better than the baton, however the baton should definitely stay, making the tranq an option (+ would be able to make it an expensive premium)
  • Like 2

hmm, I have mixed feelings about this. It does seem like a cool addition to the server, but my problem would be implementation. Being able to knock out several people at a time would be not only annoying, but definitely abused.

But even if taking Tuppys idea of a single dose tranquilizer into consideration, there's still the problem of the kidnapper being far away, knocking somebody out from a distance, and then somebody near the ragdoll decides to grav gun it and run away with it. I know its failrp and breaks the rules to do so, but people do it anyway (happens all the time when police are trying to arrest someone and some minge comes along and grabs the ragdoll). The thing that works with the baton is once the kidnapper knocks them out, they can grav gun the body immediately.

I feel this would just be another issue for staff to constantly see tickets for. I'm just not sure how this could work.

• Like 1