Gym goers of orbital, what do you do to get out of a strength plateu?

Ragnar

Gets harder and harder to get out of a plateau, but yeah changing up exercises will always help, doing a light week here or there can also give your muscles a break from high volume but will maintain their strength while giving them a bit of a break.

Do you do compound movements mainly (bench, deadlift, overhead, squat) or are you more focused on other things?

• Like 1

Yeah i eat up then switch the workouts im stuck on to new ones that work the same muscles, give them a bit of a shock then i snap back to my favs.

Hasnt failed me so far

Im only 14 so it might be different. So one week lets say im benching i would bench 35 for 10 reps the go up to 37 for 8 reps instead and go down reps in 2s. Then the next week do higher weight and less reps, so lets say for 6 reps i bench 47 for 4 i do 50. Do the same with deadlifts and squats this helped me out alot!

• 1 month later...
Gear. But in all seriousness make sure you are doing strength focused workouts for each muscle group one week (ie Monday chest day can be hypertrophic focus and Thursday chest day can be strength focused), take a deload week if you need to, and make sure you are eating enough and getting enough sleep