Group/Organization Rework

Cappa

Suggestion: Addon

As someone who runs a fairly large (50 player) group, I find myself trying to find ways in which to really improve the group. Such as creating a discord server, or recruiting new players daily. However, I think it's time the groups menu was updated. Currently sporting a very lack luster design and frankly, old, interface, I think the groups menu should be reworked, to allow further exploration into those who want to take their group to the next step.

Somethings I can suggest are:

Group announcements

When a player from your group logs on, they can see in the chat a message - "A (rank in group) posted (number of announcements) in your group!", or "A (rank in group) has updated the MOTD". EG. "A Captain posted 2 announcements in your group!", "A Commander has updated the MOTD". This will allow new players to actively participate within a group, allowing things such as discord links and invites to be used. This would allow players such as myself, and my right hand men, to weed out inactive players within the group.

Rework the group menu

The current group menu looks very lack luster, and I think with a few new designs, and customizable effects that can be accessed by the high ranking in the group would allow for a much cleaner and easier experience for the leaders of a group. I am not a graphics designer, however I believe having the disband (although it has a warning) next to the close menu button is a design flaw. Having things such as:

- Increase in rank capacity. More ranks to really give players an incentive to be promoted in your group.

- Group bank. Instead of having one player keep track of the groups balance, have a group bank. Allow people to donate money to those in the group in need.

- Different colours for ranks. Perhaps allow large customization for those groups with the premium group upgrade. Giving us an even more unique group design.

- Announcement board. Hand in hand with the announcements message. Allows players to communicate with their group on a large scale, as not everyone checks the MOTD.

- MOTD. ALLOW PEOPLE TO HIGHLIGHT MESSAGES SUCH AS DISCORD INVITES, PLEASE!

Overall, I think a new theme is needed for the groups menu. Perhaps similar to the !unbox menu. I would make a rough outline of what I think it should look like, however I am on my laptop and I am sure there are similarities that can be taken from the !unbox menu when designing a new groups menu.

• Like 2

I do think an update to the groups would be very beneficial for the server, currently it is difficult to communicate and organise within the group as often you lack information pf the members in the group menu. I would extend deanthony’s ideas to include warns/bans for the leader to see. This would help clean up the groups.
  • Like 2