Discord User#:

Gecko#1337

RP Name:

Gecko

Do you have a working Microphone?:

Yes

What is your server time? (Post a screenshot):

1675173131089.thumb.png.9952f8f15d0c0be9db3e72f9bc210bb3.png

What are your active days/times on the server?

Virtually everyday, and spend a rough estimate of 40 - 56 hrs a week on Orbital

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot):

1675173957673.thumb.png.027e6dae8c8e879f0f598ab2313ad386.png

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot):

Please refer to the image above.

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples):

Yes I Previously Staffed on Orbital's SWRP, Dark RP and although I am currently a Moderator

for Orbital's Minecraft branch, If accepted into this position I do not mind swapping over to Orbital's Dark RP.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?:

I have a wealth of experience moderating and am familiar with the various challenges and rules that may come with it. I am well-versed in community guidelines and policies, and I am able to handle a wide range of issues that may arise. I am confident in my ability to diffuse difficult situations and maintain a fair and just environment for all players.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to my moderation skills, I am a responsible and dependable individual. I understand the importance of being responsive and quick to act in order to maintain a positive community environment. I am also a quick learner and am always willing to go above and beyond to ensure that the community is running smoothly.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples):

Throughout my time working in a trucking company, I have consistently demonstrated my strong ability to work effectively with a team. In my role as a truck driver, I was often tasked with working alongside other drivers and dispatch to ensure smooth and efficient deliveries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One example of my team work skills was when I was part of a team responsible for delivering a large shipment. Despite facing unexpected challenges along the way, such as road closures and detours, my ability to communicate and collaborate with my team ensured that we were able to deliver the shipment on time and without any incidents.

Another example of my team work skills is when I was selected to lead a team of drivers on a complex delivery project. My leadership and communication skills allowed me to effectively coordinate the efforts of the team and ensure that we met the deadline and exceeded customer expectations.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?:

Throughout my career, I have consistently demonstrated my ability to be a valuable and productive team member. I bring a range of qualities to the table that I believe would make me a valuable addition to any team.

First and foremost, I am a responsible and dependable individual. I take my responsibilities seriously and always strive to deliver my best work. I am also quick to adapt to new situations and can handle unexpected challenges with ease.

In addition, I possess excellent communication skills. I am able to clearly and effectively communicate with others, and I am always willing to listen to others' perspectives. I believe that open and effective communication is key to achieving success as a team.

Finally, I am a team player who values collaboration and cooperation. I understand the importance of working together to achieve a common goal, and I am always willing to lend a hand when needed. I believe that the strength of a team is in its ability to work together effectively, and I am committed to doing my part in making that happen.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?:

Yes I do.

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?:

Yes I do.

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?:

Yes I do.

1675173529740.thumb.png.ecbd5eb0f71cb8833982021b5b93df8b.png

• Like 1

Massive +1 from me,

there are alot of reasons to this +1 ill go over the majors,

1. You have a lot of past staff experience on orbital/iconic, you got up to what i believe was admin or senior admin on iconic and you are staff in alot of other orbital communities, You have shown you know how to be and work as staff the right way, and shown you can be trusted with the powers staff grants you, For me even if every other aspect wasnt the best you would still get a +1 because of this.

2. Ofcourse there are the basic reasons, No warns, Greta play time, Great activity, Great application, just overall you have gone above and beyond, you are greatly well known in the community i believe, vie been seeing you on nearly every day, even up till 1-2AM. You have shown full dedication to the server and i believe you are ready for staff.

SO overall +1, gecko you are a great guy doing great things and i cant wait to see you work back up to you past ranks as staff and do the very best you can

• Like 1

Lets start this off with the basics:

5 weeks with no warns. Previous staffing experience. Great RPer. Well known within the orbital community. This man is fit for staff.

I've played alot with Gecko, on DarkRP, SWRP and Minecraft, and over and over again he shows to me that he is a trustworthy, friendly, and charismatic person. He is responsible and has the ability to show leadership and control over a situation when needed. I think he would be a fantastic addition to the staff team, and for that I am giving a massive +1.

Good luck my man.

• Like 2

Bro, this has gotta be a +1. Gecko if the ideal candidate for this role, great at rp, great personality, previous experience, well known in the community. These are all examples of skills that you want in a staff member.

The best of luck with your app!

• Like 2

Gecko is decently active within the community and very active in-game with over 5 weeks playtime and not a single warn.

He is also the Morgan Freeman on the server with that voice.

Don't have much else to add to what wallaby has said.

+1

• Like 1

+1

I have seen gecko around quite a bit on the server and he is a really cool person and is very chill. Also as I can see you have quite some staffing experience which shows a good staffing quality. I can proudly say that you are pretty active on the server and discord but I would like to see you a bit more on the forums but of course that is an easy fix. I do believe you are very fit for this role and would be a great asset to the staff team. Also 5 weeks of game time and not a single warn, that is amazing bro keep it up!

GoodLuck!

• Like 2

Hello Gecko,

Its a -1 from me,

Look this is a tough one for me, I dont think your a particularly that bad of a guy but recently you have been coming of a bit of a minge. The revent PD event that you attended which was hosted by myself, you constantly attempted to prop minge/interfere with my event even when asked not to.

Your forum and discord activity could do with a bit of work just to stand out from other applicants. Your ingame recent activity could also be improved just because I dont see you online at times, taking days off and not really keeping a schedule on when you will play. I get we all have personal lives but someone wishing to be staff should atleast uphold some sort of activeness when applying for a role.

Now to move onto positives your application is well detailed, explaining your reasoning on why you should be staff. 0 warns in 5 weeks is however crazy to me, Well done on that.

Look I dont think your that bad guy but dont think your ready for this role, as ive said above if you can improve on these factors I'm more then sure that I would give a postive response to your application but for now I cannot.

Best of luck, dont be discouraged if you dont get it the first time around.

Edited by Andrew Vape
  • Like 1

Hello gecko,

I am a having quite a difficult time making my decision, your warns are non existent and you have 5 weeks, that's incredible. However I don't really know you, you don't seem to really put yourself into any Intuitive or outgoing kind of roleplay/interactions on the server. you also minged a little as andrew vape said, so with all these factors in mind, it's really hard to make a decision since there's no real reason to, and no real reason not to.

After reconsideration; I've thought that just because I don't know them--doesn't mean others don't.

So, I'll be giving it a +1

Edited by duckers

I've spoken to gecko a bit and he is very chill and a great dude, super awesome builder and your app is well written and nicely formatted, my only issue is that you don't interact with a community a whole lot from what I've seen, you stay to yourself quite a bit which by itself is not bad at all! Everyone plays the game differently. But for a staff position I would say you'd need to be more interactive wirh other players and more outgoing. From

Personal experience with you I think you'd be great staff but because of this issue I don't think I'll be able to +1 you. But I will not -1 you either. I just think you need to be a bit more outgoing then I'd be happy to +1 you!!

+1

Gecko I have waited for this day for a long time, however after your short hiatus within the community you’ve returned and alas, an amazing member of the community has returned. Gecko your application is extremely well written and I personally know you uphold numerous values that would prove essential and benefit the staff team completely. You have a great history of staffing and being a loyal player to the server, and I have absolutely no doubt you will overachieve your requirements given an opportunity to become a staff member.

+1

Gecko is extremely active and very chill, whenever he gets a chance to help out with something he’s always right there and ready, I’m yet to have a bad experience with him ( except his voice corrupting my recording), your warns are literally non existent I don’t see Any reasons why you wouldn’t be fit for staff.

Yours truly, Tony Bigcoc

+1

Your application is very well written and is nothing short of excellent. You are very detailed in your answers and give good examples as to why you deserve staff. You have over 5 weeks of playtime and have 0 warns whatsoever which is extremely impressive. I see that you are an active player as I see you around on the server a fair bit. I think that you would be a great addition to the Orbital staff team.

Good luck

Sincerely

Fetus Milkshake

• Like 1

+1

This was tough for me to decide. Although I haven't seen you much in-game, it seems are though you're very well-known and people really like you. I am also aware that you are still quite active and therefore, I base this on the application and other people's thoughts on you. I think your application is very well written, and having previous staffing experience is always a positive.

The tough part was since I didn't know you too well, I read through some replies and most notably, read through what Andrew Vape had to say. If what he said is true, I can probably understand that you were messing around and didn't have any real intentions to ruin the event. With this being said, I believe you have or are improving on this, which is why I'm giving you the +1.

You seem to be the type of person to reflect on yourself and for better, which I believe we need more of in the staff team. I have very few doubts that you would be a great asset to the team, and I hope you are given a shot at the role.

I wish you all the best in your application.

• Like 1

+1

I think Gecko would be a great staff member! I didn't know of his history as staff on Orbital but I do know from my interactions with him that he is a genuine and great member of the community.

I believe his previous staff experience on Orbital's SWRP and Dark RP server, as well as currently serving as a moderator for Orbital's Minecraft branch speaks for itself. Gecko has a strong understanding of Orbital's culture and understands the reason for server rules, etc . He has also provided examples of their ability to work effectively as a team, which is an important quality for a staff member to have!

I believe Gecko has great communication skills from my interactions with him and he is more than willing to listen to others' perspectives, which are both important qualities for a staff member to possess.

Overall, I think Gecko is a great candidate for staff and we would be missing out if we didn't have him onboard :)