GazzaMATE29's Staff application

GazzaMATE29

Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199044794789/

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:542264530

Discord User#: GazzaMATE29#8485

RP Name: GazzaMATE29

Country/Time Zone: Australia /AEST

Do you have a working Microphone?: Yes, its a razor mini, so its quite high quality. (at least id hope so for $80)

What is your gametime? 1week 1d 12h 15m and 14 seconds exactly

GarrysModScreenshot2022_09.17-02_33_37_03.thumb.png.1bfd464614c0575bc8d1093f9ce981f3.png

How many warnings do you have? : Just this one from ages ago, no clue why i did it haha :)

GarrysModScreenshot2022_09.17-02_36_25_92.thumb.png.0a567429df122ba5743eaf4575f48e65.pngHow many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? Refer to previous screenshot, in my whole time of playing on orbital I've only ever gotten 1 warn tbh I'm pretty proud / amazed I haven't got more :)

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? Yes, about 5 years ago (as of writing this application) I was admin on a server called "Aystralia" for a couple months, I got fairly high up the ranks, but stopped due to university / partner needs, although that was a long while ago, so id need a quick refresher on the Admin tools to warn / ban people. But since I already did it for a while, it shouldn't take too long to relearn :)

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?: Due to my proven and natural charisma, I'm great at diffusing tense situations, this skill is particularly useful in Staff sits, as most of the time people just need to cool off and look at things from another POV, I have also shown myself to be an upstanding and inspiring member of the server, often helping out others, or giving away all my money to newer players for no gain of my own, I believe I have created a sizable impact on the server, spreading positivity and promoting RP, Particularly the whole "John stevens" event, frequent Rat uprisings, Mayor kidnappings, Gang wars and very serious detective work. With all that said, I believe these skills make me a valuable candidate to the staff team

Explain your ability to work as a team: My natural charisma, communication skills, and overall willingness to get things done are by far my best teamwork skills, but something even better I can bring to a team is happiness, I tend to spread positivity and happiness wherever I go, and due to this, getting things done is far easier in a happy, peaceful environment, as opposed to a sad and stressful one, I may not be the smartest in a team, or the strongest, but I am by far the most uplifting and resourceful member, often inspiring others to spread positivity and happiness, this results in overall improvements to efficiency

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?: My ability to spread unthinkable positivity is most refined quality, as previously mentioned, I really shine in bringing happiness to others, either through fun RP interactions, Large deposits of money to those in need, answering questions to those who need it, or any other method of general helpfulness. Having these qualities on the staff team is an invaluable skill, as a happier team is a better team, being able to answer more tickets, have more RP interactions, but most importantly, just have some fun :)

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?: YES

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?: YES

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?: YES

PS, I'm an armature photographer, so I bring a touch of inspiration and creativity that many people may never experience, and I'm pretty fucking good at taking photos, in my spare time I like to record the events / happenings on the server, and put them into fun compilations. 200.gifPS PS, I fucking LOVE no-face, so I bring a touch of "weeb" to the staff team

• Like 1

You are not someone I expected to apply ever to be honest, anywho

Your application is short but well written. You get straight to the point in your application detailing why you would be a great fit for the staff team. Prior staff experience is good to know too. You have 1 warn in a weeks playtime, thats what we like to see in a member that is applying for staff. Your forum activity could use some definite improvements though and I suggest replying to some posts to boost that (dont spam the shit out of it though). I generally think that with time and dedication put into the staff team that you might make a good staff member, goodluck

+1

Hey, I've seen you around before but we haven't interacted much in game so I'm basing this response off of your application alone. I'd like to start by saying your application was well formatted and a really great look in to your personality. I think that charisma and a positive mindset are great qualities to bring to a staff team, especially since all communities do not exist without their members and so a moderator who can leave people feeling respected and encouraged to keep playing is very important. That being said, I don't think anyone can leverage that single trait in to the basis for their entire application, both because there is much more that goes in to being a staff member and also because I don't think that trait is sustainable for every day and every situation. You will have bad days and you will have bad tickets. There will be people that you do not enjoy interacting with and your attitude towards your first ticket of the day will not be the same as your attitude towards the fortieth. These are not possibilities, they are the realities of being a staff member and whilst they are perfectly reasonable, what I would've liked to know is what other traits and qualities do you have that are going to carry you through those bad days. Do you have the ability to be fair and unbiased towards all members of the community? What are the extent of your communication skills and will you be able to use them to ensure transparency and consistency in player punishments and guidance? With these questions left unanswered I am not confidently able to say that I think you'd be fit for this position. However, with your playtime, very limited infractions and an application you've clearly put effort in to, I see no reason why you shouldn't have a chance to prove you can be a great staff member. +1, good luck with your application!

+1

Confidently giving a +1 here. You are one of the few people that I would vouch for in terms of having a good character and intentions for the server. You've always treated me and others well while encouraging good RP. You've listened to all input in a very mature manner and you have garnered a lot of good will on the server.

You do lack in forum activity though I believe your presence in game more than makes up for this. I believe you would make a good staff member though I am concerned that you are underestimating the amount commitment required in terms of time and effort required by the role. Personally as a staff member, when I log onto the game, I do not expect RP and expect to be in sits the majority of my time on the server. It does change your perspective and experience within the game quite drastically and I hope that if you do get staff, you find a way to manage such burdens and responsibilities.

I wish you luck on your application and look forward to greeting you as a fellow staff member :)

+1

seen you on the server, mainly playing as cop you show a great dark rp experience with the job you play as, very active in the community I see you, only have 1 warn which shows you do follow rules which is a great asset to the staff team, see you very active on discord, don't know about forum activity but we can do good with that but in all you're a great guy really nice to get around with, and really a helpful person the personality you have is the biggest trait.

GOODLUCK GAZZA MATE <3