[Forum Tutorial] Semi in depth guide to creating a good trusted application

Beerie

Hello all, the new year has come as well as a bunch of new players which is awesome! Now that we have a higher server population a lot of players are applying for trusted. I have decided to make a semi in depth guide with a few tips that could help you with your application.

Firstly let’s go over the prerequisites.

• Minimum game time: 2 days
  • You must be well known in the community.
  • You must be familiar with the rules

Now there is nothing wrong at all with applying for trusted if you have met the minimum playtime. More importantly you community presence is what is going to give you the most feed back. Being well known in the community means that active members see you online daily and are interacting with you in RP or just general conversation. Some tips to increase your community presence could be interacting in OOC chat, discord and forums. These are the most important ones as it gets your name out there a lot quicker and gives others an idea on what type of person you are.

Helping others with questions they have with the server, wire or even on forums does not go unnoticed. Role playing also helps a great deal as it creates scenarios for other players to be involved in leading to better feedback on your application. Personally I always recommend to apply with around 3-4 days playtime as it gives you that extra bit of community presence allowing for more people to know who you are and also shows that you haven’t just applied because you met the 2 day mark.

Being familiar with the rules is fairly simple, if you don’t know the rules they are found under the community section in rules. Personally I’ve read through these a couple of times as it was required for me to become a staff member. Being familiar with the rules helps a lot as it avoids you getting into trouble and receiving any warns which could possibly give your application a bad look if they’re recent.

Now onto the questions.

Why do you believe you deserve trusted?

A lot of applications lack detail in this question. When answering this you should talk about what you have done for server and why you deserve it more then others. examples of this could be consistently being well behaved, creating and interacting in role play scenarios. Try expand your answer as much as you can without rambling on with pointless things.

Explain how you can help the community with your trusted rank?

With this question you want to explain what qualities you can bring to the table that others don’t have. A lot of people talk about helping others with wire mod however having trusted isn’t all about the benefits it comes with it’s about holding your rank to a high standard within the community as trusted isn’t just given out to those who want to build dupes. Talk more about how you can help others in discord or on the forums, you can mention some stuff in game but I would only briefly touch on this.

Final tips

• application format is the key to gaining someone’s attention, chuck some fancy colours in and use some page spacers to neatly layout your application as it goes a long way.
  • Use correct grammar on your application, it makes it look professional and also reliable. There is plenty of chrome applications that are free that can help fix up spelling mistakes
  • Don’t reply to peoples feedback, just simply react to how you feel using the react button. This prevents the thread from being clustered.

PS: this was written off my phone as I am away on a house boat until tomorrow so please excuse the lack of detail. However I have stated the most important things that should help your trusted application get over the line. Message me if you need any help with anything.

Beerie#0127

Edited by Beerie

Awesome guide @Beerie. This should really help out people that are thinking or going to apply for the Trusted Rank.

Also if anyone has any questions please don’t hesitate to message one of the staff members of Orbital. The staff team here is passionate about this community and we are all here to help people out when they need it. And there is a Questions text channel in the official discord server is you want to ask there.

Edited by Vexi