[Forum Tutorial] How to create a simple and sleek signature

Beerie

Good afternoon everyone,

I have seen a few people asking about how to create signatures on their posts and replies. I will give a step by step tutorial on how to create a simple but sleek signature to make your posts stand stand out.

Requirements:

> Photoshop or paint (paint will be a lot harder but this tutorial I will be using photoshop)

> Below average IQ

1. Head over to the website dafont and choose a font you like the most and download it.

2. Open up photoshop and create a new project with the resolution of 232x222

3. Create a new layer and delete the blank layer. Your project should now be transparent like this.

1.PNG.e8408a5a32483d141f81fc6a6c825d3f.PNG

4. Select the text tool and draw out a text box and also select the font you installed off dafont.com. You can now type your name in, it should look like this.

2.PNG.63c1b43ded70de59fc11516447cbc3cb.PNG

5. Now to the fun part. Right click on the text box shown in the layers column to the right > then click blending options.

You can do a lot in blending options like change the gradient to have colours fade in and out or even add a white stroke as an outline for the text. Play around in blending options as its quite easy to get the hang of and you can decide on how you want your signature to look.

1642038243908.png.53346e75770cdaa07d113fbc7317053b.png

6. Once done you can save the file as a JPG or PNG.

7. You now want to head to Imgur and upload your image. from here once your image is uploaded, right click on it and copy image address.

8. Click your account and then click signature. You can upload your signature via the insert photo button. Simply insert the link you copied earlier and it should upload to the perfect dimensions. Mine will be shown below this post.

sign.png.2b3f65149f47114c915427f0ad08d13a.png

This concludes the tutorial, if you have any questions with blending option don't be afraid to ask me. My design is simple but I do know a fait bit about photoshop.

Awesome this is a very nice tutorial and I decided to make my own after seeing this.

Thanks heaps for the tutorial Beerie, I had questioned myself how people have their own little signs after their posts but I now know.

Thanks again and let me know what you think of mine !