Fix Physprop

Jake Server

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other):

Addons/Default Gmod content

Details/Information about your suggestion:

I suggest the physprop tool is fixed and whitelisted for certain ranks. This tools allows players to add physical properties to props, such as making a weapon drop ramp/shoot in a gun store slipper like ice.

How do you think this will benefit the server?:

This would improve the quality of bases and subsequently the quality of life for players. Would likely improve RP interactions due to better bases.

• Like 1

I disagree, the physprop is not whitelisted for everyone due to the fact that with this it can be used to cause much lag for the server. One of the main incomes from lag on this server is entity like props. It also can lead to people throwing around props in the street which could highly effect RP. I do not think this will benefit the server in any way but only cause issues. You suggested that it would be good for a gun store, I do agree that it would be a nice idea but adding this would cause other issues that just isnt worth it at all.

I disagree, the physprop is not whitelisted for everyone due to the fact that with this it can be used to cause much lag for the server. One of the main incomes from lag on this server is entity like props. It also can lead to people throwing around props in the street which could highly effect RP. I do not think this will benefit the server in any way but only cause issues. You suggested that it would be good for a gun store, I do agree that it would be a nice idea but adding this would cause other issues that just isnt worth it at all.

If implemented properly, the physprop does not cause much lag on servers. The tools generally doesn't work on entities and this should be disallowed for obvious reasons. There is already a prop protection addon on this server, making your point about people throwing them around slightly redundant.

Generally what most servers do, is limit the use of this tool, to one prop per player.