Expression 2 integration to Wiremod

Shorkey

What category does this suggestion apply to? : ADDON

Details/Information about your suggestion: Expression 2 is a significant addon to wiremod, allows complex coding of scripts and interfaces.

How do you think this will benefit the server?:

DISCLAIMER

Best implemented for Trusted+ users (very powerful addon, strict rules should apply).

• Hologram modelling
  • Automatically pulling funds from player to player for gambling, gun stores, fines, tolls etc
  • Advanced interfaces for gambling screens (slot machines, blackjack, dice rolls)
  • Advanced Menus for purchasing weapons, hits (possibly), literally anything

Couldn't find any of my old screenshots of

1643550171932.thumb.png.da4d9d4a808aff8ee6470e59ffa21878.png

Interactive Hologram Chess

Links:

In-depth commands and capabilities used in E2

https://github.com/wiremod/wire/wiki/Expression-2

(Sorry couldn't find any download or purchase links, its some sort of advanced wiremod adding complex chips like the expression 2 chip and advanced wire tool)

• Like 1

We can add this ( maybe ) big if, after having an extensive chat with ratty. Theoretically it is possible to add without its crashing/ abusive factor; however it is difficult. If it's something we will add, it will be in 2.0. So stay tuned maybe. Edited by keenu
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Very hard to 'police and restrict'. also can cause major game-breaking contraptions. From my understanding, it really can do anything from taking players' money to setting a players group, IF the code is set up and interacted in the correct way. For example, if someone with sufficient privileges dupes such contraption then they could gain a higher group such as admin etc.

Very hard to 'police and restrict'. also can cause major game-breaking contraptions. From my understanding, it really can do anything from taking players' money to setting a players group, IF the code is set up and interacted in the correct way. For example, if someone with sufficient privileges dupes such contraption then they could gain a higher group such as admin etc.

Short answer, No. you cannot use E2 to gain a higher group the way you understand E2.

I've Administrated on servers with E2 before and it drastically improves the technical (and nerdy) side of roleplay and can be "policed and restricted" correctly.

I can find old rules of past communities for a reference on how to correctly administrate the addition but having harsh penalties (one chance or lose of rank/ban) and giving the ability to individuals who go through some sort of application stage does the trick.