Dr Smith Ban Appeal

Dr Smith

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:442791792

In-game name: Dr Smith

Time and date of ban (Use timezone): aproximately 4:30 NZT

Name of the Staff Member that banned you: Wallaby

Any evidence you can provide and further details: I think the ban i received was unfair. What happened was this, i was minding my own business when an ad showed up saying "Zaza is a 14 year old perve" and then another by someone else saying "^^^^" when i saw this i obviously saw it as some sort of joke and i replied "hes actually a 62 year old pedo using a voice changer". about a minute later wallaby pulled all three of us into a sit and after waiting for like 5 minutes he banned us for 3 days. I think that the ban was completely unreasonable as i was clearly making a light hearted joke that contrasted what the previous person said in chat. I wasn't trying to inform anyone that zaza was a pedo or that i don't like him or something, i dont even know the guy. also prejeduce pedophilic claims are not a rule stated in the dark rp server rules and it wasn't harrasment either. I think that wallaby should have instead pulled mme into a sit and explaaained to me how it goes against server rules because honestly it doesnt say anywhere that it is. on a further note a pedophilic claim is where you believe someone is a perdophile and are genuinely trying to tell others that they are a pedophile. What i said is clearly not that also i have lead that the guy zaza that must have supposedly been so offended about this is also a wrong doer who had done the same thing. 1674792212701.thumb.png.1629df98f1828f8c0c8ae68e8d12617b.png

At the end of the day i made a lighthearted joke i mean seriously who believes i was saying hes actually genuinely 62 year old guy with a voice changer. Ive noted that in most circumstances this type of talk goes unwarned or noticed and people generally donty get so bent over about it. The reason im annoyed is that wallaby couldnt even see it from my point of view slightly and its completely unfair to give me a 3 day ban for it. I havnt ever received a ban or blackilist in my one week of plasytime and making this one joke that doesnt even discriminate harrass bully or offend anyone gets me banned for 3 days right before pd events and event weekend.

Considering making a lightearted joke about someone being a pedophile isnt against rules i expecteded him to recognise im a decent player that isnt rude in rp or the like, is reasonably high up in police rank and so i thought he would tell me that it is actually an unspoken rule and maybe give mme a verbal or regular warning and i woulfdve been like ok thats a bit harsh but sure i understand. But no bro gave me a 3d ban in the blue didnt even have zaza in the sit to talk to.

Have you become familiar with the rules?: yea as soon as he said to me its against rules i understood and honestly he couldve just let me off there and i would never make a joke on this server like that again, a 3 day softban is just over the top like i would expect that if someone was spamming the n word in chat or something

thanks, Dr Smith. also sorry for the numerous typos

Hello, Dr smith

So like you said people where calling zazaa a pedo, a perv, and podophile a 62 year old, which falls under Podophilic claims, unfortunately for what ever reason that section of are rules had disappeared but i can assure you, there was and is going to be a section about podophilic claims.

When is comes to podophilic claims or anything around minors we do not take it lightly whether joking or not you and the 2 other people still broke server rules, along side that someone had also made a ticket about it giving me more reason to stop and ban you guys for what you done.

So you received the 3 day ban and I do not believe it should be removed.

Hello, Dr smith

So like you said people where calling zazaa a pedo, a perv, and podophile a 62 year old, which falls under Podophilic claims, unfortunately for what ever reason that section of are rules had disappeared but i can assure you, there was and is going to be a section about podophilic claims.

When is comes to podophilic claims or anything around minors we do not take it lightly whether joking or not you and the 2 other people still broke server rules, along side that someone had also made a ticket about it giving me more reason to stop and ban you guys for what you done.

So you received the 3 day ban and I do not believe it should be removed.

its a bit severe tho isnt it? a straight up 3 day ban for breaking a rule that isnt even stated in the rules. i mean repeat offenders of rdm and what not get 3h 6h 12h bans and i jsut get a straight up 3 day ban for making a rhetorical joke saying someone is 62 and a pedo.

its a bit severe tho isnt it? a straight up 3 day ban for breaking a rule that isnt even stated in the rules. i mean repeat offenders of rdm and what not get 3h 6h 12h bans and i jsut get a straight up 3 day ban for making a rhetorical joke saying someone is 62 and a pedo.

Hello, Dr smith

Like i said, even if it was a joke we will not tolerate it, especially when its about Minors and illegal IRL stuff, no matter what rule you break if joking or not you get punished, the the punishment for podophilic claims is a straight 3 day ban, we should not have to warn or tell you not to mention podophiles man, common sense you get me

Hello, Dr smith

Like i said, even if it was a joke we will not tolerate it, especially when its about Minors and illegal IRL stuff, no matter what rule you break if joking or not you get punished, the the punishment for podophilic claims is a straight 3 day ban, we should not have to warn or tell you not to mention podophiles man, common sense you get me

yeah but this is really nit picked things like this are said all the time on the server so i think it atleast deserved a warn not a 3 day ban, i mean zaza literally did the samething.

yeah but this is really nit picked things like this are said all the time on the server so i think it atleast deserved a warn not a 3 day ban, i mean zaza literally did the samething.

If someone calls you a podophile make a admin ticket, but just because other people have broken server rules doesn't mean you can, which is why all 3 of you got 3 day bans not just you

If someone calls you a podophile make a admin ticket, but just because other people have broken server rules doesn't mean you can, which is why all 3 of you got 3 day bans not just you

i wouldnt report that because i wouldnt be offended because it would be a joke. If zaza was truly offended by it you could of had him in the sit aswell and informed me of the rule so i could apologise to him because it was a joke instead of banning us for 3 days. im sure bro forgot about it as soon as he finished making the ticket and like i said stuff like this is said all the timme on the server so i dont see why you couldnt of just said "hey man i know your propably having ajoke but we dont allow pedophilic claims on the server so ill be giving you a warn"

i wouldnt report that because i wouldnt be offended because it would be a joke. If zaza was truly offended by it you could of had him in the sit aswell and informed me of the rule so i could apologise to him because it was a joke instead of banning us for 3 days. im sure bro forgot about it as soon as he finished making the ticket and like i said stuff like this is said all the timme on the server so i dont see why you couldnt of just said "hey man i know your propably having ajoke but we dont allow pedophilic claims on the server so ill be giving you a warn"

This is the last reply im making until a higher rank denies or accepts this appeal

But what im saying and what you cant understand is that it is not tolerated whether joking or not man you still broke a rule, and in this case the rule is a serious one so it ended in your 3 day ban, your agument is constantly,

(Other people done it, or I was just joking and you should have given me a warn insted)

both of those are not reasons on why your ban should be removed.

This is the last reply im making until a higher rank denies or accepts this appeal

But what im saying and what you cant understand is that it is not tolerated whether joking or not man you still broke a rule, and in this case the rule is a serious one so it ended in your 3 day ban, your agument is constantly,

(Other people done it, or I was just joking and you should have given me a warn insted)

both of those are not reasons on why your ban should be removed.

also the reason that it is not a rule stated and the consequences are severely over the top

bro all i want to do is have a good time on the server, 3 day ban is just way over the top, surely it can be taken down to a warn or something considering i wasnt even aware of the rule and quite fairly it only just passes as a pedophilic claim, alot more could have been said to get the same ban of 3 days.

Reviewed.

At the time of your ban, the rule regarding false accusations of pedophilia was missing from our rules, therefor it is unfair to give you the full punishment. However it should be common sense not to call someone a pedo so your ban and warn will remain

Your ban will be reduced to 2 days

• Like 1