Dark RP -Bank, ATM, EFTPOS

aflernando

Category: Dark RP

Info: I believe the addition of a in game EFTPOS and Bank system will largely benefit the use of gun stores and gambling machines. If such system is implanted it will see the redundancy of the current /dropmoney system. In my opinion, the current system is outdated and is due for a change. The large benefits of such a system are when transactions are made, for example purchasing a gun or other service a simple swipe of your card is needed to Verify the exchange of funds. Im pretty sure the EFTPOS machines are compatible with wire mod so easy integration with automatic gun stores. ATMS will also provide a more realistic element to the server and will make depositing cash a crucial and risky event if mugged.

Links: https://github.com/ARitz-Cracker/ARCBank

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1647910207

Aflernando

• Like 1

1+

I've played this mod on a few other DarkRP server and I think it really adds to the game. Plus, depending on what rules might go around them, it might give thieves a different opportunity to mug people?

I think being able to put away your money though might change how people approach all the gambling stuff? It might make money less accessible so people might not bother with it as much.

I don't know how this would improve or effect the server as it is.

"If such system is implanted it will see the redundancy of the current /dropmoney system. In my opinion, the current system is outdated and is due for a change."

Although you can argue its outdated, there isn't a need for change, from the perspective of a Gun dealer its much easier to ask someone for a certain amount verbally and getting them to place it into a money pot, rather than needing to set the amount to be paid manually, while also making the EFTPOS machine accessible from both sides.

It's much easier in the state its currently in

For auto gun stores as well, I feel it couldn't get any simpler than what it currently is. a few users, equal gates, and a constant value.

"will make depositing cash a crucial and risky event if mugged."

Either way it wont change the outcome,

- you don't have any money on you because your money in the bank, You die.

- you have money on you but refuse to pay, you die

- you have money on you and decide to pay for it, you live with -5k.

Because you don't drop money when you die there is no point in putting money in a bank.

• Like 3

I’m looking at this from server quality and performance point of view. Every atm that would have to be placed around the map is just another entity. With the server booming at 50 to 60 players on peak hour fps is just going to go down the drain. Fps already gets quite low with all the bases and sell NPS’s that are placed at these times and adding more just wouldn’t help.

also don’t fix something that ain’t broken. The classic money system we have now is working perfectly and is simple and clean.

Not a bad idea but that’s just my opinion :).

-Vexi

• Like 2

Reviewed

Gretta summed it up pretty well. While the addon is cool and adds an aspect of realism to RP, the idea of having an ATM to get money from that a lot of servers use is unnecessary. In terms of simplicity and convenience, the current system of moving and exchanging money is more efficient and beneficial for the server atm and I don't see this addon making any improvement to that.

• Like 2